Flowers Of Sulfur Aka Brimstone Logs

narouz

John Eels said:
I am in for the camphoric acid experiment. Only question: where do you get such an outdated substance?

I'll be damned if I can find any obvious source.
There are laboratory supply companies that sell it,
but...I haven't been able to find one that sells relatively small amounts
at a reasonable price.

John Eels

@Charlie
I am going to adjust those quotes to give citation to Ray Peat.
Thank you

@narouz
I'll be damned if I can find any obvious source.
There are laboratory supply companies that sell it,
but...I haven't been able to find one that sells relatively small amounts
at a reasonable price.
:cry: I have found laboratory supply companies too when I did a cursory Google search. I wonder where RP gets all his substances he has experimented with. Btw. have you experimented with antibiotics? I've had a two week course of Rifaximin. The success is moderate to low. I keep the IBS in check with grape sugar. Lactose, fructose and sucrose give me diarrhea. The most challenging symptoms are brain fog, irritability and sleep issues (Ondansetron might help with those. Haven't experimented with it). I suspect it's all related to digestive function.

@kiran
The hovercraft is full of eels?
They're eating away my gut lining. I've heard of stories where they suddenly pop out of the tummy (see Alien, the movie) :eek:

John Eels

Yesterday, I had my 2nd dose of Sulfur. Nothing exciting happened. I slept really well this night. Difficult to attribute it to the Sulfur.

narouz

John Eels said:
Btw. have you experimented with antibiotics? I've had a two week course of Rifaximin. The success is moderate to low. I keep the IBS in check with grape sugar. Lactose, fructose and sucrose give me diarrhea. The most challenging symptoms are brain fog, irritability and sleep issues (Ondansetron might help with those. Haven't experimented with it). I suspect it's all related to digestive function.

John E-
I've had good and bad results with antibiotics.
When I had massive and prolonged doses of several different kinds
related to an appendectomy,
my gum bleeding stopped for nearly a year
with no ill after-effects.

But when I tried a small, one-day course
of 3 x 500mg amoxcillin
I got thrush (apparently, or white tongue) afterward.

During the first go-round I took some kefir throughout and after.
The second dosing I didn't.

----

On the IBS:
I used to think I had that back in my low-carbing days
and before I had discovered I was hypothyroid.
Are you hypo?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

John Eels

I take 100mcg T4 and between 15 and 20mcg T3. I doubt that I am hypo. I think I have elevated blood serotonin: grey hair, lowered libido, lack of morningwood (I heard it's related to dopamine status which is a serotonin antagonist), periods of nervousness during the day, agitation in the morning and irritability (I don't know what to do with decreased coordination, dropping things, brain fog). It's not obvious, it's subtle.

narouz

John Eels said:
I take 100mcg T4 and between 15 and 20mcg T3. I doubt that I am hypo. I think I have elevated blood serotonin: grey hair, lowered libido, lack of morningwood (I heard it's related to dopamine status which is a serotonin antagonist), periods of nervousness during the day, agitation in the morning and irritability (I don't know what to do with decreased coordination, dropping things, brain fog). It's not obvious, it's subtle.

JohnE,
Many of your symptoms are familiar to me as hypo symptoms.
Not saying that is the only way to read them, but....
When you say you doubt you're hypo,
I guess you mean you think you've corrected any thyroid issues with the dose you note?
Do you keep track of your temps and pulses?

John Eels

I guess you mean you think you've corrected any thyroid issues with the dose you note?
Yes, I think I've corrected thyroid issues, at least I am on my way. I randomly check in with my pulse throughout the day to see how fast it is. Right now it's at the lower end. Current local time: 11.48pm, pulse: 65. At noon my pulse is around 75 and 80. I haven't tracked my temps.

narouz

John Eels said:
Yes, I think I've corrected thyroid issues, at least I am on my way. I randomly check in with my pulse throughout the day to see how fast it is. Right now it's at the lower end. Current local time: 11.48pm, pulse: 65. At noon my pulse is around 75 and 80. I haven't tracked my temps.

JohnE,
Yeah, that would be my angle with the IBS symptoms: hypothyroidism
That's what caused me to have those symptoms some years ago.
You could track your temps for a while and see where those tend to be,
and also the pulses.
You may simply not be getting enough supplement.
A TSH test is not too expensive and could shed some light too.

Cathi

Re: High Sulfur salt source

After reading the thread on sulfur and sources, I wanted to refer to a source of natural high sulfur salt. It is mined in India where I am told that it is used for parasites. It is at www.vitalityherbsandclay.com. It is called "pink sulfur salt" on their product list. I just ordered some to try after reading your comments.

I asked how they suggest to use it and the guy told me that you can sprinkle it on your food like a seasoning. Seems like an easy way to get it...I hope!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Cathi, let us know how that goes.

Cathi

Yes, I sure will..it is a company I have confidence in for only carrying quality products, so I am looking forward to trying it out.

jmojo

Everyone is talking about flowers of sulfur for parasites but what do you guys think about diatomaceous earth?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

4peatssake

Re: Heart Pounding Palpitations From Thyroid Supplement Log

Charlie said:
And asian people were saying how its part of their yearly routine that they go to the doctor and take a pill for parasites, some other asians jumped in and said it was twice a year. They said they thought it was weird that we dont do anything for parasites here as regular practice in the USA.

Ray-Z said:
On the contrary, of course we do something for parasites in the U.S.: We elect them to Congress. :mrgreen:

Oh sweet mother, I just read this and near fell off my chair :rofl :rolling :rollingred

I've been searching through this thread - so far unsuccessfully :( - for where to buy flowers of sulfur USP. If anyone knows offhand and can point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative.

Meantime, I shall continue searching and laughing when I come across further hilarious remarks such as this one! :lol:

J

j.

Amazon ships internationally too, I think to most places, but some things are restricted, check out iherb.com then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals