Help! Cryptosporidium

K_onz

My boyfriend was diagnosed with a Cryptosporidium infection after stool sample results this week. I've searched all the parasite threads on here and can't find much info beyond "peat recommends flowers of sulphur". He can not eat anything without gut pain after. His stools are frequent and always watery (like it says if you read about symptoms). The doc has nothing to prescribe him, and is shocked I don't have it. Doc told him to ride it out but he's going on a month now of having it. We've done 3 days of flowers of sulphur this week. He got slight relief on sulphur days. Not sure if he should continue? Is it's bad to keep taking? Doc told him to stop taking Pepto. I'm not sure the context of that. I'm making him tons of bone broth and having him eat the carrot salad everyday. Any advice? Would camphosal or cyproheptadine work in this context, or are they more for bacteria? I'm also unsure of what could over do it,considering his foundation of eating and getting in the sun is off right now. Would love advice since a month seems too long to me!

Saccharomyces Boulardii is a yeast (Florastor is a brand name but there are many excellent generics; I use NOW brand) that helps a great deal, almost immediately, to restore normal bowel movements. It’s quite safe, and it doesn’t colonize the gut, it simply temporarily out-competes the baddies.

I can also recommend Mutaflor, which is a type of E. Coil that helps normalize gut biome, and can have very lasting benefits with a month or so of use several times a day.

Do a forum search.There are a few threads about Mutaflor and S. Boulardii.

S-VV

Azythromycin and nitazoxanide.

What medications does he take? Any immunosuppressants?

OP
K

K_onz

This is something farmers have used for many years with alleged success. May be helpful, could be worth a shot if you are looking for natural methods rather than, or in addition to anti-parasite drugs:
How To Use Diatomaceous Earth As A Parasite Cleanse For Humans, Pets, And Livestock

Thank you I will look i
Azythromycin and nitazoxanide.

What medications does he take? Any immunosuppressants?

He takes zero medication and usually has had a way stronger digestion than me. He's not a peater, but I have gone that way to heal digestive issues. Maybe the only immunosuppressants would be PUFAs at school and work cafeteria foods. I have convinced him to stop those and perhaps this will be the leap for him to get into Peat. I will look into those medications. Thank you

OP
K

K_onz

Saccharomyces Boulardii is a yeast (Florastor is a brand name but there are many excellent generics; I use NOW brand) that helps a great deal, almost immediately, to restore normal bowel movements. It’s quite safe, and it doesn’t colonize the gut, it simply temporarily out-competes the baddies.

I can also recommend Mutaflor, which is a type of E. Coil that helps normalize gut biome, and can have very lasting benefits with a month or so of use several times a day.

Do a forum search.There are a few threads about Mutaflor and S. Boulardii.

Thank you. Will look into these. We already take a spore based probiotic, justthrive, but maybe something more targeted is called for.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals