Flowers Of Sulfur (Sublimed Sulfur)

Discussion in 'Minerals' started by quinnGoes, Nov 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. quinnGoes

    quinnGoes Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2012
    Messages:
    16
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Central Coast California
    I've heard Ray Peat recommends using Sublimed Sulfur to treat fungal/parasitic infections. I've heard someone claim that a pinch a day for 3 days would clear all excess candida and parasites by turning their blood to sulfric acid. Now that is a pretty powerful claim that I don't believe. Does anyone know more about the effectiveness of Sulfur in treating stubborn infections? How about its toxicity and the possibility of causing metabolic acidosis? What is an effective upper dosage limit? There is so little information I can find on its use as an anti septic by ingestion. The only scientific literature I saw on it was a case of it causing metabolic acidosis in a women.

    Ingestion of a half teaspoon causes pretty extreme stomach rumbling and bubbling, some nausea, a head ache, mucus like stuff in stool, general toxic feeling, etc. A half teaspoon of baking soda seems to ameliorate these symptoms
     
  2. Shesjay

    Shesjay Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2013
    Messages:
    43
    I had a thick, white tongue and suspected candida. Took the flowers of sulfur for 3 days (more than a pinch) and it went away. But a few days later, it came back, much worse (very sore).
    I read somewhere that antifungals sometimes only kill off the weak fungi and leave the strong ones behind to reproduce stronger colonies. I don't know if this theory is what actually happens, but it certainly seemed like it in my case. Or perhaps it is just because they burden the body which, in turn, allows the fungi to flourish again.
     
  3. harnessedinslums

    harnessedinslums Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2013
    Messages:
    17
    I have bad fungi problems and sumblimed sulfur had no effect on me at all, not even on my tongue. That's just my experience. I strongly doubt the small doses recommended by Peat would induce acidosis. Interestingly, I've read claims that pathogenic fungus feeds on sulfuric compounds, which is why some avoid supplements like alpha-lipoic acid and N-acetylcysteine.
     
Loading...