Eye Color Change

Amazigh

I used to have hazel eyes and for the past 4-5 years, they had progressively gotten darker. I am 4 days into experimenting with methylene blue. I happened to look in the mirror a little while ago and was shocked to see that my eyes were noticeably lighter. Has anyone else had this experience? I vaguely remember reading and hearing something about cytochrome oxidase having a role in eye color change, but I can't find anything now when I do a search.

jaguar43

roguesandy said:
post 109939 I used to have hazel eyes and for the past 4-5 years, they had progressively gotten darker. I am 4 days into experimenting with methylene blue. I happened to look in the mirror a little while ago and was shocked to see that my eyes were noticeably lighter. Has anyone else had this experience? I vaguely remember reading and hearing something about cytochrome oxidase having a role in eye color change, but I can't find anything now when I do a search.

How much methylene blue are you taking ? Methylene blue can cause the iris of the eye to whiten. In higher doses turn in blue. This could allow more light entering the eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

jag2594 said:
post 109957
roguesandy said:
post 109939 I used to have hazel eyes and for the past 4-5 years, they had progressively gotten darker. I am 4 days into experimenting with methylene blue. I happened to look in the mirror a little while ago and was shocked to see that my eyes were noticeably lighter. Has anyone else had this experience? I vaguely remember reading and hearing something about cytochrome oxidase having a role in eye color change, but I can't find anything now when I do a search.

How much methylene blue are you taking ? Methylene blue can cause the iris of the eye to whiten. In higher doses turn in blue. This could allow more light entering the eye.

Are you sure its the Iris? For some reason I thought it was the Cornea

jaguar43

Tarmander said:
post 109964
jag2594 said:
post 109957
roguesandy said:

Sorry made a mistake, its the white of they eye. The Sclera.

Tarmander

jag2594 said:
post 109966
Tarmander said:
post 109964
jag2594 said:
post 109957
roguesandy said:

Sorry made a mistake, its the white of they eye. The Sclera.

I was going to say...if it turned your Iris blue that stuff would be big business in cosmetics

michael94

roguesandy said:

Yes. I also have hazel eyes and I can tell just by looking at eye color how my metabolism is. When im running on stress hormones and/or my cells are not getting the energy they need they are a light brown. When the opposite is the case, they're basically a dark green. I would imagine it's more subtle for people with just brown eyes or blue.

tinkerer

I have experienced this too. I used to have dark brown irises. Then when I cut out processed foods and increased my intake of raw whole foods, they became lighter and developed green rings around the edges. There was no further change for some years until I tried methylene blue. With MB, my irises (not the whites) have become gradually greener and the brown is further lightening and diminishing.

Author/blogger Denise Minger reported the iris lightening and green ring phenomenon while on a raw vegan diet (she is no longer on one). http://rawfoodsos.com/about/comment-page-4 Some raw vegans (I'm not advocating raw veganism) even reported their eyes turning from brown to green to blue and from there occasionally even to grey, though this tends to get dismissed by critics and skeptics. Minger hypothesized that the iris lightening is due to melanin reduction in the eyes from increased glutathione. Some people have even reported the effect from glutathione or iodine supplements.

Ewelina

I have noticed the same phenomenon. My irises were always brown, no question. However, the last couple of months I have noticed that there is a greenish ring. I thought I imagined this but my husband thinks that it is really the case. I would love to have green eyes!

Ewelina

I thought I attach the photo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 925

artist

I have noticed that my eye color changes too over time but I haven't worked out the correlations to stress or diet yet. Mine are also an in-between color (dark green-grey) and have received compliments on my "blue eyes" a few times. I saw on YouTube a rawfoodist discussing how the high levels of certain enzymes consumed by raw foodists interfere with melanin production in the iris. Whether this is actually good or healthy who knows, but it is pretty

Ewelina

I haven't worked out the exact correlation with diet or other factors myself but it's undoubtedly related to nutrition.

YourUniverse

My eyes are green, but have been darker the past few years. Recently noted they are much lighter, bordering on blue. The colour of the eye is certainly much more noticeable. Im trying to ascertain if its because the pupil is smaller (making the iris larger and thus more noticeable), the whites are whiter, creating more contrast, or if the green is indeed a lighter, "greener" green.

Does caffeine have anything to do with eye colour? Vitamin K? Calcium?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals