The Color We See - All Eyes Are Brown - Color and Health

sunny

Color in life, biology, and psychology is interesting.
One person who has a fascinating body of work in the area of Color is Atom Bergstrom.

This is his article (he writes a blog on oneradionetwork.com, and is a big fan of Ray Peat) on why all eyes are brown. Blue eyes are from a deactivated OCA2 gene.

Read on, see his blog for an eclectic variety of topics.

Blue Eyes & Melanin Sunglasses

By Atom Bergstrom

Atom’s Blog

ALL mammal irises are BROWN except the irises of an albino, which are PINK.

The deactivated OCA2 gene responsible for “blue” eyes removes most of the brown melanin pigment and reduces the size of the remaining melanin particles to a maximum of one micron (1/400,000,000 of an inch).

By comparison, it takes several thousand microns to produce deep red.

This reduction creates Tyndall scattering, named after British physicist John Tyndall (1820-1893).

The shorter blue light rays are reflected back to the observer by the remaining microscopic melanin particles.

There are NO pigments in blue eyes, just as there are NO pigments in a blue aura.

All blue irises — and blue auras — are created by reflected blue light.

Blue jays, bluebirds, blue butterflies, blue dragonflies, as well as blue eyes, are all free of blue pigment.

If you beat on a blue jay feather with a hammer, the feather turns black when the surface optical effect is destroyed.

There’s also no such thing as a white bird feather.

In birds, “white” and “blue” are schemochromes, optically produced colors from the coherent scattering of light, the same interference pattern that causes the “color” of an oil slick.

A parallel phenomenon, Rayleigh scattering, the selective scattering of light, makes the sky and the ocean appear blue.

There’s no chemistry involved in a blue sky — only the elastic scattering of light named after British physicist Lord Rayleigh (1842-1919).

Green eyes are caused by an increase in the size and quantity of melanin particles, just as waterborne micro-organisms (phytoplankton, etc.) change the color of the ocean from blue to green.

Light brown and dark brown eyes are caused by a still further increase in the size and quantity of melanin particles.

However, alien black, brown, orange, and/or yellow pigmentation in an iris DOES indicate toxic phenotypic (not genotypic) disorders, but normal brown irises are actually “sunglasses” for the eyes.

The idea that brown eyes are toxic appeared because iridology was originally developed by German racial hygienists.

Blue eyes, blond hair, and fair skin were defining features of the so-called Master Race, also known as the Nordic Race, Aryan Race, Nordic-Aryan Race, and Nordic-Atlantean Race.

Diffractional “structural” blue is more common on Earth than pigmentary blue.

Patricia Sloane (The Visual Nature of Color, 1989) wrote …

“The Tyndall blues, explained in terms of diffraction, account for many of the blue colors seen in beetles, butterflies, birds, and mammals. Named after the Irish physicist John Tyndall, who discussed the phenomenon in 1869, they provide another example of the ubiquitous visual affinity between blue and black. The Tyndall blues might as appropriately have been called the Tyndall blacks. They are typically created when a layer of melanin, a black pigment, is overlaid by translucent ridges, scales, or other structures that scatter light. A blue wing feather from a blue jay, for example, contains no blue pigment. When crushed, the feather is reduced to a black, not blue, powder.”

Denis Llewellyn Fox (Animal Biochromes and Structural Colours: Physical, Chemical, Distributional & Physiological Features of Coloured Bodies in the Animal World, Second Edition, 1976) wrote …

“The iris, seat of colour in the eye, is representative of the general type of biocolloid which, if unpigmented, gives rise to structural blues in integumentary tissues of birds and mammals. Of the iris’s structure we find a good discussion by Roberts (1880), who points out that the coloured portion of the eye is made up of a thin membrane, bearing unstriped muscular fibres, nerves and blood capillaries, all incorporated in a fine, delicate reticulum of fibrous tissue. In normal eyes the uvea, containing a layer of brown and black melanin, lines the back of this membrane, behaving as a light-absorbing curtain, with the result that irides bearing no additional pigment in the main body of their structure manifest the blue colours of scattering. Brown eyes possess an additional layer of yellow and perhaps ruddy brown pigment on the outer surface of the iris, and may also have deposits of the dark melanin among the interior fibrous structures. In green eyes there is a relatively uniform distribution of the yellow pigment over the outer surface of the iris. Lacking additional dark pigment aggregates at the surface or in the interior, the pigmentary yellow and structural blue are combined to yield various shades of green. Increasing concentrations of yellow and darker melanins in the surface and inside of the iris lead to hazel, brown and black colours. Albino eyes lack melanin pigment in both the uveal layer and the internal stroma. They consequently appear pink, owing to the reflexion of red rays, from the haemoglobin in the fine capillaries, through the semi-transparent, light-scattering fibrous tissues. In this instance also, as with the opaque melanins, the red pigment masks the easily affected blue colour of scattering, else such an eye should manifest a purplish hue.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also:
WHAT DOES COLOR HAVE TO DO WITH HEALTH
ATOM: THE BIOLOGY OF COLOR PRECEDES THE PSYCHOLOGY OF COLOR:

Re: The color chart is the same as the resistor marking chart that I had to learn in the 1950s. It was developed in the 1920s by an engineer to keep the resistor values easier to keep track of. Accepted by the Radio Manufacturers Association for resistor markings. How did it make its way to the health field? And what makes it valid for health?

The biology of color precedes the psychology of color.

Color existed before there were Crayolas and resistor codes.

All intellectual trauma associates with a color (Third Endocrine Level) and all emotional trauma associates with geometry (Second Endocrine Level).

Edward O. Wilson (Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge, 1998) wrote …

“Languages with only two basic color terms use them to distinguish black and white. Languages with only three terms have words for black, white, and red. Languages with only four terms have words for black, white, red, and either green or yellow. Languages with only five terms have words for black, white, red, green, and yellow. Languages with only six terms have words for black, white, red, green, yellow, and blue. Languages with only seven terms have words for black, white, red, green, yellow, blue, and brown. No such precedence occurs among the remaining four basic colors, purple, pink, orange, and gray, when these have been added on top of the first seven.”

(There are loopholes in Dr. Wilson’s account, but they don’t affect the upshot of this blog entry.)

Compare the LANGUAGING of colors with the COSMOLOGY of colors.

“How many colors are there?” was a question posed in cyberspace.

One answer was …

“Studies have shown that we can see about 1000 levels of light-dark, 100 levels of red-green, and 100 levels of yellow-blue for a single viewing condition in a laboratory. This means that the total number of colors we can see is about 1000 x 100 x 100 = 10,000,000 (10 million). A computer displays about 16.8 million colors to display an image.”

Another answer was …

“Well, since there are 255 different shades per color going from white to black we can put as 255 + 255 + 255 that gives us 765 individual colored shades, but this is only single colored shades such as red and blue, to get the multiple colored shades we have to multiply 765 x 765 x 765 to get the all the combined shades which get us 16581375 so there are 16581375 different shades of the colors or 5527125 shades of each color.”

There’s a huge gap between the PSYCHOLOGY of colors and the BIOLOGY of colors.

Here are two examples of the unappreciated biological/cosmological power of colors.

Neil Boyce, “Rainbow Growing,” New Scientist, Oct. 24, 1998) wrote …

“[George Antonious of Kentucky State University in Frankfort] analysed the vegetables [turnips] for compounds called glucosinolates that give turnips and horseradish their characteristic ‘bite’ [and which may reduce the risk of certain cancers]. Roots grown under the blue plastic contained higher concentrations of glucosinolates and vitamin C. Those grown under green had raised sugar concentrations. [Michael] Kasperbauer believes that light reflected from the blue sheeting must influence an enzyme involved in the metabolic pathway that converts glucose to glucosinolates, resulting in the altered root flavour.”

Dwight L. McKee, M.D. (Emanuel Revici M.D.: A Review of His Scientific Work, 1985) wrote …

“Revici showed that the biological action of an agent corresponds also to its ability either to absorb or emit energy. He recognized this by comparing the spectral analysis of conjugated fatty acids which show peaks in their spectral curves, corresponding to an absorption of energy, with the spectral curve of the carcinogen methylcholanthrene, which shows, on the contrary, matched identical depressions considered to indicate emission of energy. The existence of peaks and depressions in spectral curves and their interpretation was not considered before Revici’s findings. Following this line of inquiry, Revici has shown the capital role of the depression at 310 angstroms (indicating emission of energy at this wavelength) as a characteristic of carcinogenic substances. The opposing peak at 310 angstroms was found to be strongest in the tetraenic conjugated formations, including the retinoids, which have been shown to have anticarcinogenic properties. This opposite relationship between peaks and depressions was confirmed by spectral analysis of the mixture of conjugated fatty acids and methylcholanthrene, which showed no peaks or depressions. Furthermore, mixtures of the two substances injected in animals were without carcinogenic effects, while the injecting of the same amounts of each separately in different sites on the same animal did not influence the carcinogenicity of methylcholanthrene.”

For more information, check out my numerous blog entries about color on our Sun Sync Nutrition website, including …

11-21-14 / Is Beige the Color Of the Universe?
11-20-14 / White Is the Color Of Unfinished Business
11-19-14 / The Color Gray Relates to the Mother
11-18-14 / The Color Black Relates to the Father
11-17-14 / The Purples Complete the Color Circle
11-16-14 / Blue Phycocyanin Pigment & the Lords Of Biotech
11-15-14 / Photosensitizing Foods & Drugs Supercharge Blue Light
11-14-14 / The Color Blue & Cervical Antibodies
11-13-14 / Green Is the Growing Color Of Pregnancy
11-12-14 / The Color Green Induces Muscle Tension & Tonic Spasm
11-11-14 / The Color Yellow Likes the Middle Of the Road
11-9-14 / The Color Yellow Can Promote Or Prevent Cancer
11-8-14 / The Color Orange Is For Social & Sexual Communication
11-7-14 / The Color Red Indicates a Change Of Lifestyle
11-6-14 / Brown Eyes Are Not Toxic Blue Eyes
11-30-14 / Eyesight & Sun Sync Color Recycling
11-29-14 / A Colorless Aura Is the Best Aura Color
11-28-14 / Father God & White Buffalo Woman
11-27-14 / Sexual Lust & the Scarlet Mantle
11-26-14 / Silver Is the Color Of Speech & Communication
11-25-14 / Gold Is the Color Of Self-Hate
11-24-14 / A Green Pillowcase & Magenta Sheet
11-23-14 / Aquarian Pink Throws Rocks In Your Ruts
11-22-14 / Brown Is the Color Of Conception
10-30-14 / Glossary of Atomic Elements & Color Correspondences
10-29-14 / Glossary of Color Engram Interpretations

Also, be sure to check out our Color Recycling video. It recycles PETS too. :)

seely

All intellectual trauma associates with a color (Third Endocrine Level) and all emotional trauma associates with geometry (Second Endocrine Level).
How do you learn more about the colors and geometry of these traumas (and is it displayed in iridology or by other bodily means?)

OP
S

sunny

How do you learn more about the colors and geometry of these traumas (and is it displayed in iridology or by other bodily means?)
Atom has a website. Lifetime access for $99. He is an amazing interesting person. He has a blog on oneradionetwork. He does a lot of interviews with various people like Ray Peat does. He is on regularly on oneradionetwork.com . This is the into him on oneradionetwork. :

"Atom Bergstrom, born Gosta Ingvar Bergstrom, Jr, is credited as the founder of Sun Sync and the leading expert on a Sun-Centric lifestyle. Atom’s journey towards health, nutrition, longevity, and meditation goes back to 1955, when he first started reading books by D.C. Jarvis, J.I. Rodale, Carlton Fredericks, Adelle Davis, Aldous Huxley, Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Prabhavananda, and numerous others. His exposure to the above mentioned authors instigated a deep desire and passion to understand and unlock the secrets to optimal human wellness and longevity. Atom was inspired by the words of Thomas Jefferson: “School teaches all of the branches, but none of the roots.” He sought the answers to his questions, not in classrooms, but in books, relationships, and life experiences. His quest for true knowledge and wisdom began by studying in hundreds of libraries across the country and evolved by studying with teachers and masters including Swami Adano Ley, Sufi Adnan Sarhan, Rabbi Michael Shapiro, Taoist Master Yun Xiang Tseng, and Fitness Icon Gypsy Boots. His most significant teacher was Swami Adano Ley with whom he spent 14 years. During this time, he studied a variety of sciences extensively, including the sun centric lifestyle, and ultimately graduated from Adano Ley’s Texas Institute of Reflex Sciences. The knowledge and wisdom he gained studying under a highly evolved swami combined with his emphasis on scientific research & personal experience would soon become the heartbeat of Sun Sync Nutrition. For the past 40 years, Atom has dedicated his life to the continuous learning and teaching of Sun Sync Nutrition, Time Conscious Eating, Cosmo-Chemistry, Reflexology, Muscle Response Testing, Body Language Analysis, Iris Analysis, Lucid Dreaming, Meditation and many other sciences."

seely

Atom has a website
Interesting. I’ll have to check it out.
So how do I change eye colour?
I have limited experience but... my eyes changed from blue to green at age 6.

So I’ve been working to change them back! Processing emotional trauma, blood tests and proper nutrition/supplements, grounding, sunshine, low stress.

Just now adding liver packs plus enemas to help support detoxification (no heavy metals but obv glyphosate exposure)

Eyes are becoming significantly bluer and the yellow/orange spots are fading (yes I’m checking during similar light etc).

BUT HERES THE THING

On another thread I read about how glutathione is important for eye color BUT I can barely handle it naturally and definitely not synthetically. I know I’m deficient (as are most of my paternal family) and I have many signs of undermythelation (sp?).

So again... no direct answers, but I do believe it’s an overall healthier individual lifestyle that heals your eyes.

Ben.

So how do I change eye colour?

only a anecdotal one day occurence i had. Took this high dose b-complex from my local pharmacy daily for 2-3 weeks in 2019 and there was this one day where my eyes, instead of a greyish blue went deep ocean blue. Looked like i wore contact lenses, like something you only see in movies.

I didn'T even notice it myself but this female coworker asked me what hell was wrong with my eyes and when i checked it in the mirror it was realy amazing. The b-complex gave me stomache ache however long term and the eye thing didn't persist beyond that one day. In retrospect it might have been a toxic sideffect ...

not gonna lie i wish i could replicate it.

DrJ

I've read a theory that blue eyes are an adaptation of an early seafaring race to being on and navigating the seas. Seeing as blue eyes reflect back approximately the "common mode" of the light reflected by water it would potentially confer an advantage in spotting things on the sea.

David PS

JamesGatz

The shorter blue light rays are reflected back to the observer by the remaining microscopic melanin particles.

There are NO pigments in blue eyes, just as there are NO pigments in a blue aura.

All blue irises — and blue auras — are created by reflected blue light.
It would seem then that blue eyes are the best eye color trait - It would seem then that blue-eyed people are more resistant to the harmful effects of blue light in eyes

visiblespectrum.PNG

Green light seems to be almost as harmful as blue but not quiet therefore it would seem best eyes in order would be

1) Blue,
2) Green
3) Lighter colors and so forth

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals