Idealabs Chemical Reaction (Dark Purple Color Change)

iPeat

I inadvertently experienced a color-change chemical reaction with 2 Idea Labs products.

I've recently been experimenting with various products topically on my belly button for an issue I'm having internally. Last night I applied Lapodin (the old, eugenol version) to my skin before bed. This morning I decided to apply Magnoil in the same location as the Lapodin, first thing in the morning. The Lapodin leaves a residue, so I wound up essentially mixing the 2 products on my skin.

The Magnoil comes out pretty fast so 3 drops dripped from the bottle onto my skin before I had a chance to process what was happening. When the Magnoil hit my skin, it instantly turned dark purple. On my skin, it was quite a shocking color change and the color was extremely vivid. I was able to wipe everything off cleanly, but I had nothing near me to wipe it off with, so as I was searching for something, I would guess about 7-8 seconds had passed that the mixture was on my skin (stomach and fingers).

I right away moved on with my morning routine. The next thing I did was brush my teeth. I don't use toothpaste. I use a Calcium-Zinc coated toothbrush someone on the forum had mentioned. I brushed, then when I spit, my saliva had the same dark purple color in it, though heavily diluted. It was as if I had recently drank beet juice. I had not eaten anything yet, it wasn't toothpaste, and it definitely did not look like blood. This was only moments (maybe 3 minutes) after wiping it off my skin. For the next 5-6 hours I felt like I was in the initial stages of a cold - foggy head, "hot" breath feeling, and sensations of temperature swings.

I also have the non-eugenol version of Lapodin that I use internally and when mixed with Magnoil, the same reaction occurs, so we can rule out the eugenol.

I recorded the reaction on a dinner plate:

View: https://youtu.be/uMG_2knVg9E

haidut

Forum Supporter
I inadvertently experienced a color-change chemical reaction with 2 Idea Labs products.

I've recently been experimenting with various products topically on my belly button for an issue I'm having internally. Last night I applied Lapodin (the old, eugenol version) to my skin before bed. This morning I decided to apply Magnoil in the same location as the Lapodin, first thing in the morning. The Lapodin leaves a residue, so I wound up essentially mixing the 2 products on my skin.

The Magnoil comes out pretty fast so 3 drops dripped from the bottle onto my skin before I had a chance to process what was happening. When the Magnoil hit my skin, it instantly turned dark purple. On my skin, it was quite a shocking color change and the color was extremely vivid. I was able to wipe everything off cleanly, but I had nothing near me to wipe it off with, so as I was searching for something, I would guess about 7-8 seconds had passed that the mixture was on my skin (stomach and fingers).

I right away moved on with my morning routine. The next thing I did was brush my teeth. I don't use toothpaste. I use a Calcium-Zinc coated toothbrush someone on the forum had mentioned. I brushed, then when I spit, my saliva had the same dark purple color in it, though heavily diluted. It was as if I had recently drank beet juice. I had not eaten anything yet, it wasn't toothpaste, and it definitely did not look like blood. This was only moments (maybe 3 minutes) after wiping it off my skin. For the next 5-6 hours I felt like I was in the initial stages of a cold - foggy head, "hot" breath feeling, and sensations of temperature swings.

I also have the non-eugenol version of Lapodin that I use internally and when mixed with Magnoil, the same reaction occurs, so we can rule out the eugenol.

I recorded the reaction on a dinner plate:

View: https://youtu.be/uMG_2knVg9E

Lapodin contains quinones and Magnoil has a manesium salt and DMSO. When the quinones in Lapodin get reduced they usually turn bright/deep red or even purple sometimes. You can try with mixing a drop of Lapodin with water or a solution of vitamin C and you should see a similar change in color. So, this reaction is quite expected/normal. When you put Magnoil on the same spot as Lapodin, it probably triggered the reduction of the quinones and also made them absorb through skin, as DMSO is a great penetration enhancer. This is probably the reason for the change in saliva color, though it is highly unlikely (considering the amounts of each you applied) to have such a strong effect on saliva color as it should have distributed to the entire body and not concentrate just in saliva. Are you sure there was no Lapodin/Magnoil liquid on the brush somehow? Or were the Lapodin/Magnoil applied somewhere close to the mouth (neck, face, etc)?
Anyways, to avoid such getting spooked in the future, I would apply Lapodin and Magnoil on different skin spots/areas/locations.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The DMSO changes the chemical nature of things?

Not the chemical "nature" of things, but the redox state of a quinone. Similar to how vitamin C can turn the deep navy color of methylene blue into complete colorlessness. I have had similar experience with Lapodin when mixing with vitamin C, water, etc so my guess is that either DMSO or the magnesium salt in Magnoil acted as a reductant and reduced one/both quinones in Lapodin to hydroquinones, which have deep red/purple color when (partially) reduced. If you have Lapodin in possession, you can try and see for yourself.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Lapodin contains quinones and Magnoil has a manesium salt and DMSO. When the quinones in Lapodin get reduced they usually turn bright/deep red or even purple sometimes. You can try with mixing a drop of Lapodin with water or a solution of vitamin C and you should see a similar change in color. So, this reaction is quite expected/normal. When you put Magnoil on the same spot as Lapodin, it probably triggered the reduction of the quinones and also made them absorb through skin, as DMSO is a great penetration enhancer. This is probably the reason for the change in saliva color, though it is highly unlikely (considering the amounts of each you applied) to have such a strong effect on saliva color as it should have distributed to the entire body and not concentrate just in saliva. Are you sure there was no Lapodin/Magnoil liquid on the brush somehow? Or were the Lapodin/Magnoil applied somewhere close to the mouth (neck, face, etc)?
Anyways, to avoid such getting spooked in the future, I would apply Lapodin and Magnoil on different skin spots/areas/locations.
It wasn't an extreme color in my saliva. It was as if I drank beet juice a few hours previous and could still see the color in the saliva.

I just want to be clear that I'm not being critical or anything. Just sharing my experience because I thought it was awesome.

Is this the dark purple color-change reaction Peat talks about?

haidut

Forum Supporter
It wasn't an extreme color in my saliva. It was as if I drank beet juice a few hours previous and could still see the color in the saliva.

I just want to be clear that I'm not being critical or anything. Just sharing my experience because I thought it was awesome.

Is this the dark purple color-change reaction Peat talks about?

No worries, I did not take it as criticism. I was just explaining it in case other people read it and start to worry:):
Yep, he mentions in several interviews the color changes in substances capable of donating/losing electrons (e.g. quinones). I think the specific example he gives is of the color of a healthy liver, which cannot be extracted as a pigment, and is possibly due to changed in the redox status of CoQ10 and other quinones like vitamin K that are present in the liver in high(er) amounts.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

No worries, I did not take it as criticism. I was just explaining it in case other people read it and start to worry:):
Yep, he mentions in several interviews the color changes in substances capable of donating/losing electrons (e.g. quinones). I think the specific example he gives is of the color of a healthy liver, which cannot be extracted as a pigment, and is possibly due to changed in the redox status of CoQ10 and other quinones like vitamin K that are present in the liver in high(er) amounts.
Wow it's awesome to see it in person. Thanks for the information.

Here's a video showing the color off a little better:

View: https://youtu.be/TWRzG9pijsY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals