Extreme reaction to iodine

Peater

A solid suggestion from your POV. Going by HTMA theory, b5 is used to slow down a too fast metabolism. I'm in a failed transition pattern from fast to slow. Though I've left the fast, instead of emerging into slow I'm stuck in a sub-metabolic limbo between them. Thus, for some reason, b5 does not help here.

It was nothing to do with metabolism. You said you were struggling with anxiety and tachycardia. Sounds like it could be adrenalin and hence why you might want to support your adrenals...you won't speed up your metabolism without sorting that out first. Not naturally anyway, you could probably use DNP.

freyasam

@freyasam what other health issues are you dealing with, if I may ask? Perhaps we will find overlap.
I have ME/CFS, "chronic fatigue syndrome", and I suspect rheumatoid arthritis. Basically severe fatigue and exertion intolerance, joint pain. Lots of weight gain in midsection, anxiety, depression. I get hungry very soon after eating, so probably glucose storage/ production issues. How about you?

maillol

@freyasam what other health issues are you dealing with, if I may ask? Perhaps we will find overlap.

Would you deem it possible for a dieoff to produce no other symptoms besides racing heart? I'm under the impression that a die-off would produce a wide range of symptoms.

A solid suggestion from your POV. Going by HTMA theory, b5 is used to slow down a too fast metabolism. I'm in a failed transition pattern from fast to slow. Though I've left the fast, instead of emerging into slow I'm stuck in a sub-metabolic limbo between them. Thus, for some reason, b5 does not help here.

@Kocky777 Sorry if I was unclear, I don't normally experience high heart rate. My resting pulse is steadily in the 60s. Certain substances just rise it temporarily.

Taking more salt is a good idea. I'm experiencing persistent muscle twitching which mg does help, so anything that helps with mg retention is great.

I've tried malate, glycinate, taurate and citrate. Citrate is the only one that doesn't produce side effects for me (malate gives anxiety, glycinate strange wiredness, taurate low mood). Bowel tolerance threshold is about the same for each.
Yeah I'd say that's possible. I'd try some charcoal and taurine and see if it helps.

OP
TheSir

TheSir

It was nothing to do with metabolism. You said you were struggling with anxiety and tachycardia. Sounds like it could be adrenalin and hence why you might want to support your adrenals...you won't speed up your metabolism without sorting that out first. Not naturally anyway, you could probably use DNP.
For sure, the adrenals are intimately involved with the overall pathology I'm dealing with. Though I do also have weak adrenals, the main issue is that there is a lack of proper communication between the adrenals and the brain. However, this is a whole another subject in itself and I don't wish to discuss it here. I emphasize that I'm not struggling with tachycardia normally. It is a transient response to iodine.

I have ME/CFS, "chronic fatigue syndrome", and I suspect rheumatoid arthritis. Basically severe fatigue and exertion intolerance, joint pain. Lots of weight gain in midsection, anxiety, depression. I get hungry very soon after eating, so probably glucose storage/ production issues. How about you?
Ah, very sorry to hear. CFS is one hell of a disease. My symptomology is similar to CFS except that I don't have PEM which I understand would be the hallmark symptom. I'm chronically fatigued and if I overexert myself (doesn't take a lot) my nervous system goes into overdrive for a while, including restlesness, insomnia and feelings of suffocation. My muscles twitch a lot. Anxiety and depression are frequent. Used to have hair trigger panic attacks, but those have gone away fortunately.

I once met someone who had cured himself of CFS by doing a ton of coffee enemas and taking milk thistle and ALA(?). Came to my mind since you spoke of glucose storage issues and the liver plays a big role in that as you probably know.

freyasam

Ah, very sorry to hear. CFS is one hell of a disease. My symptomology is similar to CFS except that I don't have PEM which I understand would be the hallmark symptom. I'm chronically fatigued and if I overexert myself (doesn't take a lot) my nervous system goes into overdrive for a while, including restlesness, insomnia and feelings of suffocation. My muscles twitch a lot. Anxiety and depression are frequent. Used to have hair trigger panic attacks, but those have gone away fortunately.

I once met someone who had cured himself of CFS by doing a ton of coffee enemas and taking milk thistle and ALA(?). Came to my mind since you spoke of glucose storage issues and the liver plays a big role in that as you probably know.
Thank you. That's interesting about your friend.
There does seem to be some overlap, since you don't tolerate much exertion. I have muscle twitching too. I hope it will abate when I add B12 later.

Here is the selenite oil I take if you are interested. I think it's a good form of selenium.

tasfarelel

I looks like all relevant information was posted here. Curezone is definitely important to screen for anybody who wants to test high supplementation with Iod.

Just to clarify - Selenium is mainly important to prevent (oxidative) damage to the thyroid from large Iod doses over longer time periods. So its mandatory, but it will not directly make you feel "better".

Salt helps the kidney to excrete sodium bromide and sodium fluoride. I would need to search for the reference, but it was reported that high salt intake is dramatically decreasing the half-life of bromide or fluoride in blood.

mgrabs

For sure, the adrenals are intimately involved with the overall pathology I'm dealing with. Though I do also have weak adrenals, the main issue is that there is a lack of proper communication between the adrenals and the brain. However, this is a whole another subject in itself and I don't wish to discuss it here. I emphasize that I'm not struggling with tachycardia normally. It is a transient response to iodine.

Wow. Very interesting about the coffee enemas helping adrenal fatigue. What is the reason behind that?

freyasam

Here is the selenite oil I take if you are interested. I think it's a good form of selenium.

Update on the selenium oil.

I was taking 200 mcg sodium selenite oil sold at the above website, developed by Dr Greg Russell Jones. Hypothyroid symptoms increased soon after starting, but since I'm always testing multiple variables it was impossible to pinpoint. Then I developed very alarming episodes of sudden blurry vision. It has improved since I stopped the selenium but not totally disappeared. So be careful with this or any selenium.

youngsinatra

Update on the selenium oil.

I was taking 200 mcg sodium selenite oil sold at the above website, developed by Dr Greg Russell Jones. Hypothyroid symptoms increased soon after starting, but since I'm always testing multiple variables it was impossible to pinpoint. Then I developed very alarming episodes of sudden blurry vision. It has improved since I stopped the selenium but not totally disappeared. So be careful with this or any selenium.

High selenium intake causes low T3 syndrome in human experimental studies. Low-normal intake increases T3 on the other hand. That’s so interesting. Same thing is happening in human iodine restriction studies.

The same happened to me. Temperature crashed, hypo symptoms skyrocketed.

I am convinced that minerals are not meant to be supplemented.

freyasam

Lately I wonder if supplementing any micronutrients is helpful in the long run. I'm fed up with supplementation experimentation only to realize I've caused more harm than good. Vit D would have been the only micronutrient supplement I thought I could say has helped but now I don't know anymore after seeing GS's work. Obviously something's not working for me since I just keep getting sicker over many years, so who knows, maybe not even vit D is safe anymore. It's a real mindf**k eating pristine and trying to optimize health for decades yet ending up semi bedbound.

Last edited:

brongfogboy

I have extensive experience with iodine. Look up the co-factors or "companion nutrients" for iodine and try taking those for a few days before beginning again. Also, counterintuitive is that if you're having bad reactions then dosing MORE can be the solution. I've taken two mg daily with poor results and feeling ick, then went worked up to 50 mg and the ick went away. You will also be able to handle more of it if you mix it in orange juice, but if you are doing low VA then that would be a bad idea. Be careful, I suspect that iodine may wipe out beneficial bacteria.

I'm giving this information because you asked for it and it's your right to choose what to do, but overall I think Iodine shouldn't be tinkered with in supplement form.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

High selenium intake causes low T3 syndrome in human experimental studies. Low-normal intake increases T3 on the other hand. That’s so interesting. Same thing is happening in human iodine restriction studies.

The same happened to me. Temperature crashed, hypo symptoms skyrocketed.

Very interesting! Thanks alot!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals