Iodine Redistribution During Trauma, Sepsis, and Hibernation: An Evolutionarily Conserved Response to Severe Stress

Makrosky

Agreed, although in my case they were correct, judging from the x-rays, and I was losing teeth by the mouthful: 4 wisdom teeth, 5 molars and an upper incisor in 4 years. The first 2 wisdom teeth just came out while I was eating within 2 months of each other. The other teeth I had pulled due to most becoming loose and causing gingival abscesses. The periodontal disease seems to have halted since I started SSKI a few years ago.

ps. all my teeth have very short roots, for some reason. Maybe because I was severely malnourished for a year or so as a child due to chronically swollen tonsils.
Damn... that was serious then.

Makrosky

The first few times I took SSKI it gave me an immense energy (this may make one agressive I guess depending on the mood and environment) and destroyed any sign of joint pain, which I was suffering from at the time (surely due to the periodontal disease, I have discussed this here with @yerrag in the past). Since then my joints seem to have completely healed. Along with the SSKI, I believe the D3 (15k IU daily) is what finally pushed them into healing mode.
Yes Jam. I have also felt that immense energy and I have also thought about the same, that depending on the environment one might have been repressing some needed aggressiveness and then it is unleashed wild. Not really sure. It is weird.

I don't have joint pain but they make crack/pop noise sometimes. Whenever I take SSKI they stop doing any noise.

OP
Jam

Jam

I also take 3 drops of sski daily. I've become so playful lately which I think is associated with the iodine/dopaminergic effects.
Cool. Yeah I mentioned the dopaminergic effects to @Makrosky. Also, iodine is known to lower stress hormones, especially estrogen and histamine.

Inaut

Have you noticed changes in mood/personality traits or different reactions from others? I asked Jam about this but this thread might be a good one to ask also.

What intrigues me most is that sometimes while supplementing SSKI others can react aggressively towards me. Or the opposite. It reminds me all these posts in the androsterone threads of people having that experience.
I haven't noticed any negative reactions from people at all. In fact, things have been easier for me (can't say it's all sski but). People generally like having me around and I'm also more chill without much mental conversation.

Makrosky

I haven't noticed any negative reactions from people at all. In fact, things have been easier for me (can't say it's all sski but). People generally like having me around and I'm also more chill without much mental conversation.
Yep, I notice that too. Other times the opposite. Similar to cyproheotadine. Weird.

yerrag

I am not saying it isn't working but dentists sometimes are... true scaremongers.

They told a friend of mine he would be loosing teeth gradually from periodontal disease. About 10 yrs have passed, he hasn't done anything about it and he hasn't lost any.
I felt my dentist was keeping things from me. I would get 3 extractions from periodontal disease, and thought that would be the last of it.

Years later, one more tooth would be extracted. And then another.

That's when he told me perhaps we need to do some mechanical planing or something like that.

I've not gone back since, as I didn't think any mechanical intervention wouldn't worsen my periodontal situation.

I felt the dentist wasn't doing enough scaremongering, and was benefiting from extracting my teeth and fitting me with new dentures each time. I have still many teeth left that over the next years and decades would amount to good business for him.

So far, 2 years have passed and a loose lower premolar is holding on, loosened by periodontal disease and it would have been extracted. I acted on @Jam 's advice, taking 150mg SSKI daily for a year. It didn't seem to work, because a gingival abscess wouldn't go away. Then I use some tetracycline for 2 weeks (for another reason), and by luck, the abscess went away. It came back though when I stopped SSKI for a week, and then went away after I resumed SSKI.

All this while, I have also faithfully been following Dr. Manhart's procedure for gargling and brush my teeth with his calcium therapy.

n.b. I have to note though that tetracycline was a double-edged sword. It helped with my perio issue, but it's also known to induce bacteria to turn into cell wall deficient forms, such as mycoplasma, which become very resistant to antibiotics. I believe it was from using tetracycline that I developed a very persistent dry cough.

Last edited:

seely

I used iodine to treat a sick baby chick who was lethargic and developing blindness. Both eyes were nearly blind and I had to dropper feed her for two weeks At 4 weeks of age...

She’s alive, healthy, and only a tiny smidge of cloudiness remains on one eye ( when both were near blind)

Makrosky

I felt my dentist was keeping things from me. I would get 3 extractions from periodontal disease, and thought that would be the last of it.

Years later, one more tooth would be extracted. And then another.

That's when he told me perhaps we need to do some mechanical planing or something like that.

I've not gone back since, as I didn't think any mechanical intervention wouldn't worsen my periodontal situation.

I felt the dentist wasn't doing enough scaremongering, and was benefiting from extracting my teeth and fitting me with new dentures each time. I have still many teeth left that over the next years and decades would amount to good business for him.

So far, 2 years have passed and a loose lower premolar is holding on, loosened by periodontal disease and it would have been extracted. I acted on @Jam 's advice, taking 150mg SSKI daily for a year. It didn't seem to work, because a gingival abscess wouldn't go away. Then I use some tetracycline for 2 weeks (for another reason), and by luck, the abscess went away. It came back though when I stopped SSKI for a week, and then went away after I resumed SSKI.

All this while, I have also faithfully been following Dr. Manhart's procedure for gargling and brush my teeth with his calcium therapy.

n.b. I have to note though that tetracycline was a double-edged sword. It helped with my perio issue, but it's also known to induce bacteria to turn into cell wall deficient forms, such as mycoplasma, which become very resistant to antibiotics. I believe it was from using tetracycline that I developed a very persistent dry cough.
Yeah, it is difficult to find a trustworth dentist. And even if the dentist is honest, they are allopathic doctors... you know, there are a lot of well intentioned and honest doctors that prescribe statins and lots of other drugs that are rubbish. They just follow "protocols".

Nebula

I also take 3 drops of sski daily. I've become so playful lately which I think is associated with the iodine/dopaminergic effects.
I’ll be interested in following your experience. If the dopaminergic effects will last or downregulate. Or how your thyroid function changes much. Do you plan on testing at all?

lau

It is very confusing. On the one hand, he seems to be way ahead of the curve in articles such as this one:

On the other hand, he makes very bizarre statements in interviews and via email, such as this one:

Iodocasein is not something I would ever recommend. It has been linked to severe cases of hyperthyroidism and myocarditis.,..
to be fair, the person asking abt the thyroid meds stated that they don't have a thyroid & it was more of an in case of emergency type of thing . also, if i remember correctly the main reason peat stopped using ndt was because he said they were using what i think is idocasein instead of actual hormone.

yerrag

Yeah, it is difficult to find a trustworth dentist. And even if the dentist is honest, they are allopathic doctors... you know, there are a lot of well intentioned and honest doctors that prescribe statins and lots of other drugs that are rubbish. They just follow "protocols".
My brother-in-law had a stroke. His lipid profile is excellent though. Still, he was prescribed statins. When asked why, the doc says stroke patients require even lower LDL. Go figure.

Amazoniac

Jam, thanks for this.
Not sure if you're aware, there's a poser on the forum copying your fashion, wearing a similar organic hood.

We also showed that iodide administered at supra-normal levels improved outcome after injury and localized to the site of injured muscle tissue in mice. It is likely the increased iodide in the injured tissue came from deiodinated thyroid hormone. This idea is consistent with the fact that blood levels of both T3 and T4 decrease in many different diseases (33). This phenomenon is referred to by several different names over the last 70 years including nonthyroidal illness (NTIS), low T3, and euthyroid sick syndrome and has been associated with sepsis, trauma, heart attack, diabetes, renal insufficiency, and burns, and its extent of change correlates directly with severity of illness (33). Although the underlying mechanism of this phenomenon remains unclear, we demonstrated in a previous study that iodide administration sustains normal thyroid hormone levels during injury (22). This suggests that increasing blood iodide counteracts NTIS. Given that iodide is the product of thyroid hormone degradation by deiodinases which are upregulated in disease (34), it is logical to consider the degradation a natural stress response in which thyroid hormone is deiodinated to create iodide.

↳ [22] Iodide Improves Outcome After Acute Myocardial Infarction in Rats and Pigs

"Iodide is an elemental reducing agent (ERA); other reduced chemical forms of adjoining elements on the periodic table including sulfide, selenide, and bromide are also ERAs. All four of these anions reduce heart damage in the mouse AMI [A cute Myocardial Infarction] model (9, 10, 17). Selenide, iodide, and bromide are most effective using 1 mg/kg (this study, [9, 10]). Interestingly, oxidized forms of iodine and selenium, iodate, and selenite (bromate is yet to be tested) are naturally chemically reduced to the –ide forms in erythrocytes (18, 19). :nailbiting: Once reduced, ERAs leave the erythrocytes and contribute to the reducing power of the plasma or tissue (9). This movement of reducing equivalents from erythrocytes to plasma is similar to the pathway that occurs for oxidized and reduced vitamin C (dehydroascorbate/ascorbate) (20). These common properties indicate that movement of reducing equivalents from erythrocytes to the plasma may be an important part of normal physiology and serve to protect tissue from oxidative damage. Importantly, reducing power of erythrocyte cytoplasm, measured by the ratio of reduced to oxidized glutathione, is significantly more oxidized when patients experience AMI (21), and there is detectable increase in plasma and heart tissue oxidative damage (22). Perhaps there is failure of systemic reducing power following AMI to counteract pathologic oxidation that results in cell death and tissue damage. Our observation that iodide administration increases blood peroxide scavenging activity supports the idea that it functions to support systemic reducing power and prevent oxidative damage. If ERAs as a group act as antioxidants, then iodide is particularly well suited for the role since it was shown previously to have the catalytic capacity to destroy hydrogen peroxide (13)."

"In addition to its potential role as an antioxidant, iodide is a fundamental component of thyroid hormone. In human patients, the blood concentration of active thyroid hormone T3 decreases after AMI whereas the concentration of its precursor T4 does not change (14). In addition, T3 promotes mitochondrial activity, cardiomyocyte survival and LV contractility (15). Our observation that iodide administration prevents T3 decrease (without affecting T4) suggests that benefit may in part be mediated by sustaining thyroid homeostasis which in turn promotes appropriate cardiac metabolism and function."

1642845317407.png

LeeLemonoil

A little off-topic:

Another thyroid hormone like substance is tri-iodo-acetic acid.
We discussed it somewhat on rpf before.

Maybe that one is easier to home synthesize with iodine and vinegar.

A competent chemist should come up with DIY for both compounds

Curious that RPF didn’t get there earlier, since iodocaseine seems to be known and in use for decades.

A thread: (recommended highly. Nearly forgot what I compiled and read there ?)

Another one:

Last edited:

Makrosky

It was Dr. D. C. Jarvis's preferred method of ingesting Lugol's.
But I think he did it because he was a big proponent of ACV and Iodine separately as well. So why no take them together?

But I am very intrigued now what happens to I2 or KI when react with vinegar. Damn... we need Travis. Maybe @Amazoniac knows?

Have you tried it yourself Jam? And noticed anything special?

LeeLemonoil

Is there some online service /gig economy stuff - like Fiver or how they are called -? where you can pay people for such little services? A chemist to come up with some homebrew synthesizing-pathways ?

OP
Jam

Jam

But I think he did it because he was a big proponent of ACV and Iodine separately as well. So why no take them together?

But I am very intrigued now what happens to I2 or KI when react with vinegar. Damn... we need Travis. Maybe @Amazoniac knows?

Have you tried it yourself Jam? And noticed anything special?
Lugol's in vinegar will reduce the molecular iodine component into iodide. Nothing special really, and unfortunately you lose the molecular iodine.

Makrosky

Is there some online service /gig economy stuff - like Fiver or how they are called -? where you can pay people for such little services? A chemist to come up with some homebrew synthesizing-pathways ?
hahahaha exceeellent idea!!! If it doesn't exist there is niche for it for sure. It probably exists on the dark web but to synthesize other stuff ;)

Makrosky

Lugol's in vinegar will reduce the molecular iodine component into iodide. Nothing special really, and unfortunately you lose the molecular iodine.
I suspected it. Just as if you pour Vitamin C on the Lugol.

But there must be also some nice sinergy as ACV is antimicrobial as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals