OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But the study says the increasing demands for energy producion by the stressor leads to DNA leakage. I dont think it says that inference with energy production leads to DNA leakage.

True, the study actually says that just exposure to stress is enough to flood blood with DNA from mitochondria. I was just proposing the explanation of why that happens. What is known is that stress increases demand for energy and if the mitochondria cannot meat that demand they get damaged and die, thus ending up in the bloodstream. I don't have direct evidence that increasing ATP synthesis (thus meeting the energetic demands of stress) will protect the cell but there are quite a few studies showing pro-metabolic things like thyroid, MB, progesterone, etc all protect cells from apoptosis induced by stress. So, given that a major effect of all these chemicals is to increase ATP synthesis, what else do you think can be going on that protects the cells?
Finally, Peat has mentioned many times that energetic abundance is what keeps the cell together since the cell is not a bag of fluid but a gel structure that depends on energy for integrity. Given that ATP is the cardinal structural protector in both Ling's and Peat's writings, then it seems like a very likely candidate. I also posted a few studies showing that liver disease is due to ATP depletion and replenishing ATP with precursors like inosine reverses the damage. So, the explanation is pretty consistent so far.

Texon

True, the study actually says that just exposure to stress is enough to flood blood with DNA from mitochondria. I was just proposing the explanation of why that happens. What is known is that stress increases demand for energy and if the mitochondria cannot meat that demand they get damaged and die, thus ending up in the bloodstream. I don't have direct evidence that increasing ATP synthesis (thus meeting the energetic demands of stress) will protect the cell but there are quite a few studies showing pro-metabolic things like thyroid, MB, progesterone, etc all protect cells from apoptosis induced by stress. So, given that a major effect of all these chemicals is to increase ATP synthesis, what else do you think can be going on that protects the cells?
Finally, Peat has mentioned many times that energetic abundance is what keeps the cell together since the cell is not a bag of fluid but a gel structure that depends on energy for integrity. Given that ATP is the cardinal structural protector in both Ling's and Peat's writings, then it seems like a very likely candidate. I also posted a few studies showing that liver disease is due to ATP depletion and replenishing ATP with precursors like inosine reverses the damage. So, the explanation is pretty consistent so far.
Would a product like d-Ribose be in the same category as the other pro metabolic items mentioned above? Come to think of it, could d-ribose be taken concurrently with some niacinamide to achieve the same effects as NR?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would a product like d-Ribose be in the same category as the other pro metabolic items mentioned above? Come to think of it, could d-ribose be taken concurrently with some niacinamide to achieve the same effects as NR?

There is already plenty of ribose floating around. That's why niacinamide on its own can raise NAD just as well as NR. Studies with isolated ribose supplementation did not find much benefit, so I doubt it is anything special. Since inosine contains ribose, a better approach would be to take inosine with niacinamide and since both of them raise NA/NADH ratio, the effects of taking both could be very synergistic. I posted a few times about this synergy and this may be a reason why both inosine and niacinamide are in the drug Cytoflavin.