Iodine Redistribution During Trauma, Sepsis, and Hibernation: An Evolutionarily Conserved Response to Severe Stress

LeeLemonoil

hahahaha exceeellent idea!!! If it doesn't exist there is niche for it for sure. It probably exists on the dark web but to synthesize other stuff ;)
Nothing illegal about a theoretical question and provided solution.

And both iodo-casein and triiodoacetic acid aren’t illegal compounds

Maybe Quoka can help too

Makrosky

Maybe Quoka can help too
I wouldn't play with iodocasein after reading Jam's concerns. Why do so if you have iodine and stuff like NDT or even binaural audios to raise T3? Those seem way much safer.

Luann

I take a minimum of 3 drops of SSKI (150mg of KI) daily for periodontal disease. It has worked quite well, judging from the fact that I have not lost any more teeth since starting a few years ago, after having been told by multiple dentists that I would have lost all my teeth by now.
Do you know how many drops of Lugol's this would equate? Thank you

OP
Jam

Jam

Do you know how many drops of Lugol's this would equate? Thank you
24 drops of 5% with enough ascorbic acid to reduce the I2 portion to I-.

lau

Maybe Quoka can help too
yodolactina is the brand name of the iodocasein pills. they're made by a mexican company.

xpat

@Jam. Thank you for the post. I have been taking potassium iodide for three month now, 200 mg daily. I have only seen positive results. Should I continue at this dose and if so, for how long?

OP
Jam

Jam

@Jam. Thank you for the post. I have been taking potassium iodide for three month now, 200 mg daily. I have only seen positive results. Should I continue at this dose and if so, for how long?
Such a dose can be taken indefinitely, in my opinion, especially if supplementing selenium, but if you are hesitant or worried then regular testing of thyroid parameters may be indicated.

Amazoniac

But I think he did it because he was a big proponent of ACV and Iodine separately as well. So why no take them together?

But I am very intrigued now what happens to I2 or KI when react with vinegar. Damn... we need Travis. Maybe @Amazoniac knows?

Have you tried it yourself Jam? And noticed anything special?
Elite, I had to borrow one word for another thread.

It would be nice to have our resident chaemist around.

Since Lugol's solution is intented to be a source of oxidized iodine and iodide is a formulation inconvenient, vinegar being able to reduce iodine would defeat its purpose.

Crapoxylic acids are oxidized molecules, don't appear to be promising candidates to reduce iodine:

- Oxidation Ladders | Master Organic Chemistry

They won't ionize in an acidic medium. Here they show a modification on the other end of the molecule (methyl group), it gets iodized:

- Acetic acid + diiodine | ChemicalAid

There are publications reporting this formation:

- Formation of iodinated disinfection by-products during oxidation of iodide-containing waters with chlorine dioxide

"According to previous literature (Fábián and Gordon, 1997), I− can be rapidly oxidized to I2 by ClO2 by the following redox reaction:

2ClO2 + 2I− = 2ClO2− 2 + I2 (1)​

The disproportionation reaction of I2 leads to the formation of HOI and I− as described by Eq. (2) (Lengyel et al., 1993):

I2 + H2O ⇌ HOI + I− + H+ (K2 = 5.4 x 10^12M2) (2)​

For low ClO2 concentrations (11.1 mM, 0.75 mg/L), I− was present in excess ([I−] = 25 uM), which could lead to the formation of I3− according to Eq. (3) (Lengyel et al., 1996; Smith et al., 2010):

I− + I2 ⇌ I− (K3 = 698M^−1) (3)​

The presence of active iodine species (HOI, I2 and I3−) might react with NOM [pleasure eating sound], resulting in the formation of I-DBPs including CHI3, IAA and TIAA (Fukutomi and Gordon, 1967; Lin et al., 2008; Smith et al., 2010)."

"Since the half-life of TIAA is about 4 h, samples for the analysis of I-HAAs were extracted and methylated immediately to avoid its decomposition (Chen, 2011)."

1643021094985.png

25 uM of I− is about 3 mg I−/L.

- Acetic Acid, Halogenated Derivatives

"Solutions of triiodoacetic acid are unstable as evidenced by the formation of iodine. Triiodoacetic acid decomposes when heated above room temperature to give iodine, iodoform, and carbon dioxide."​

Is there a color change when combining them?

Makrosky

Since Lugol's solution is intented to be a source of oxidized iodine and iodide is a formulation inconvenient, vinegar being able to reduce iodine would defeat its purpose.
To that regard, yes. So it is a way to ingest only iodide if you only have Lugol. Vitamin C would be easier. I have tested it. Happens like with methylene blue. As soon as you add the ascorbic acid, the solution becomes transparent.

At the end, we might be overcomplicating the thing. Iodine can work very well on its own. So does NDT/T3 But it needs some theoretical + practical knowledge.

OP
Jam

Jam

For the record, I can absolutely confirm this study. I have never had a fever since starting SSKI several years ago. Right now I have a temperature of 38.5C, and I swear I could run a marathon. I took 3x3 drops of SSKI today. It's probably Omicron, since several children in my son's class tested positive...

Nah, I don't use antipyretics. I will probably take a bit of aspirin now and some C.
Can you sustain this temperature somewhat consistently or is it unusually high right now?
taken orally or maybe armpits?

OP
Jam

Jam

Can you sustain this temperature somewhat consistently or is it unusually high right now?
taken orally or maybe armpits?
I feel fine right now, besides having had to throw on an extra layer of clothing. I can tell I am running a temperature but don't have the usual endotoxin/flu-like symptoms. Temperature taken orally.

yerrag

I feel fine right now, besides having had to throw on an extra layer of clothing. I can tell I am running a temperature but don't have the usual endotoxin/flu-like symptoms. Temperature taken orally.
2 weeks ago, I was at 38.4C max. It lasted 4 days. It may be Omicron but I didn't take anything except to sleep with a far-infrared mat that heated me up further. The same effect as when I was a child with fever, and my mom had be sweat wrapped in a thick blanket in bed. The increased temperature does wonders.

OP
Jam

Jam

2 weeks ago, I was at 38.4C max. It lasted 4 days. It may be Omicron but I didn't take anything except to sleep with a far-infrared mat that heated me up further. The same effect as when I was a child with fever, and my mom had be sweat wrapped in a thick blanket in bed. The increased temperature does wonders.
Interesting, thanks. Yeah I basically went to sleep with extra layers of clothing to sweat it out a bit. This morning I'm hovering around 37-37.2C.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals