EGGS Day? Or Night?

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Here is another for you Ismail…

“Although Clive McKay's studies of life extension through caloric restriction were done in the 1930s, only a few studies have been done to find out which nutrients' restriction contributes most to extending the life span. Restricting toxic heavy metals, without restricting calories, produces about the same life-extending effect as caloric restriction. Restricting only tryptophan, or only cysteine, produces a greater extension of the life span than achieved in most of the studies of caloric restriction. How great would be the life-span extension if both tryptophan and cysteine were restricted at the same time?“ -Ray Peat
“Amino acid profiles showed that excessive heating of whey (121 degrees C, 5000 s) destroyed a significant proportion of cystine at all aW, lysine at aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7, and arginine at aW 0.5 and 0.7. At aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7, protein digestibility decreased (P less than 0.05) as the temperature increased from 75 to 121 degrees C for a heating period of 5000 s, and as the heating time was prolonged, from 500 to 5000 s at 121 degrees C. Excessive heating also decreased (P less than 0.05) the availabilities of all amino acids at aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7. The availabilities of lysine, proline, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, threonine, alanine, glycine and serine were particularly affected.”

Ismail

“Amino acid profiles showed that excessive heating of whey (121 degrees C, 5000 s) destroyed a significant proportion of cystine at all aW, lysine at aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7, and arginine at aW 0.5 and 0.7. At aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7, protein digestibility decreased (P less than 0.05) as the temperature increased from 75 to 121 degrees C for a heating period of 5000 s, and as the heating time was prolonged, from 500 to 5000 s at 121 degrees C. Excessive heating also decreased (P less than 0.05) the availabilities of all amino acids at aW 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7. The availabilities of lysine, proline, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, threonine, alanine, glycine and serine were particularly affected.”

I wonder if this holds true for gelatin powder too.

I regularly have gelatin powder with hot water (close to boiling - makes it easier to mix thoroughly).

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wonder if this holds true for gelatin powder too.

I regularly have gelatin powder with hot water (close to boiling - makes it easier to mix thoroughly).
I was wondering the same about long cooked vs short cooked bone broths.

Ismail

Have you felt a difference from reducing cysteine?

I’m wondering if there’s a major difference between cysteine and N-acetyl cysteine.

sunny

I get my eggs from local pastured farmers that have chickens running around the farm and do not feed them soy. I don't eat a ton of them, but go thru spurts where I blend a yolk into my raw milk with some sugar. It tastes delicious. I had never heard that quote from Dr. Peat, but I have a memory of learning that info from somewhere else as well.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1707241793176.png

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I rarely have bad dreams, and to the contrary, now dreaming vividly since "Peating" and switching to high end white tequila. I now dream like i did as a child , flying, jumping high, and hard to pull myself out of one. I love it, especially coming from a place of insomnia as long as I can remember. Hmmm...I might try an egg and see what happens, at least I know quite a bit more than I did, and will proceed with curiosity :)
Rinse,
"High end white tequila"?
Can you elaborate?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse,
"High end white tequila"?
Can you elaborate?
The cheap stuff that makes people sick, like Jose Cuervo, not only has 100 times more toxins than the clear stuff, but it is not pure agave either. It is adulterated with high fructose corn syrup. Pay more for better and get the clear pure triple distilled ones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals