DHEA + Progesterone == Pro-anabolic, Testosterone-promoting?

dukesbobby777

Yep, being almost 6'1 and using an anabolic healing substance plus DHEA I think you should try to at least come close to 3000, at least 2.800 if you won't actively work out.

Still, try to have some gelatin as part of your diet, a soft boiled egg and maybe if you crave and have access to ripe fruit for more minerals and b-vitamins? That much milk will already give you almost everything anyway.

I also "atypically" love liver... But I like it probably less cooked than most people. Just a lil stir fry in a spoon of butter and that's it.

One time I ate almost 2kg of liver, I was very energetic afterwards... Too much copper at once.

Yes, I would advice you start oral, because when it comes to topical I've had progesterone creams that absorb in 10 minutes while others just sat there (wtf).

Good timing, and remember the good sleep part :handok:

I just typed 2kg of liver into Cronometer and the numbers are heroic. 4,400 calories. 611g of protein. 498,000 iu of vitamin A. But it was also an iron, phosphorus and PUFA bomb.

SonOfEurope

I just typed 2kg of liver into Cronometer and the numbers are heroic. 4,400 calories. 611g of protein. 498,000 iu of vitamin A. But it was also an iron, phosphorus and PUFA bomb.

Maybe part of the "hyper-energy" was from all that.

I was craving it though... 3 full large portions of liver the size of a medium book that's 2 inches thick.

bobbity

My experience:

For the past 4 months I have been liberally spraying a 20mg/ml solution of progesterone dissolved in vodka/ethyl acetoacetate onto my hairline and crown. I am 31 and had some modest thinning. Thickness has noticeably improved and my barber asked what I had been doing. He just assumed I had been using rogaine "it doesn't normally work this well!"...."because I'm not using that".

This progesterone dose seems to have been high enough to kill my libido, so I thought to add a little oral DHEA to my regimen, twice daily doses of 3mg, sublingual. Not only did this restore my libido, my performance in the gym increased MARKEDLY. My gym buddy thought I was injecting AAS, the effect was THAT remarkable. Following your comments on the forum regarding this stack I have tried about every combination of dose/route of administration. Topical progesterone, applied liberally to scalp and torso (approx 50mg) WITH sublingual DHEA 3mg/x2 day is most effective. I have tried both orally and both topically, neither combination comes close. This has done wonders for my body composition and thyroid health, honestly I've never felt better.

Gustav3Y

My experience:

For the past 4 months I have been liberally spraying a 20mg/ml solution of progesterone dissolved in vodka/ethyl acetoacetate onto my hairline and crown. I am 31 and had some modest thinning. Thickness has noticeably improved and my barber asked what I had been doing. He just assumed I had been using rogaine "it doesn't normally work this well!"...."because I'm not using that".

This progesterone dose seems to have been high enough to kill my libido, so I thought to add a little oral DHEA to my regimen, twice daily doses of 3mg, sublingual. Not only did this restore my libido, my performance in the gym increased MARKEDLY. My gym buddy thought I was injecting AAS, the effect was THAT remarkable. Following your comments on the forum regarding this stack I have tried about every combination of dose/route of administration. Topical progesterone, applied liberally to scalp and torso (approx 50mg) WITH sublingual DHEA 3mg/x2 day is most effective. I have tried both orally and both topically, neither combination comes close. This has done wonders for my body composition and thyroid health, honestly I've never felt better.

I wonder if the effect would have been the same if you had started with Progesterone on scalp + DHEA from the get go, or the fact you started with Progesterone put you in a "good position " to take DHEA knowing how Estrogenic the DHEA can be at times.

bobbity

I wonder if the effect would have been the same if you had started with Progesterone on scalp + DHEA from the get go, or the fact you started with Progesterone put you in a "good position " to take DHEA knowing how Estrogenic the DHEA can be at times.

I think you are absolutely right about this. I find DHEA incredibly hard to dose, several times I had acne breakouts, which I never normally get. I did best when I took the bare minimum DHEA, but what that bare minimum is exactly is not trivial to discover.

Iceman2016

My experience:

It's great to hear you are having such great results!

What is the ratio of vodka (40% alcohol?) to ethyl acetoacetate in your solution? Is there a particular reason you chose to use ethyl acetoacetate instead of MCTs, tocopherols, or even just vodka alone?

bobbity

It's great to hear you are having such great results!

What is the ratio of vodka (40% alcohol?) to ethyl acetoacetate in your solution? Is there a particular reason you chose to use ethyl acetoacetate instead of MCTs, tocopherols, or even just vodka alone?

I have used various ratios, approx vodka, EAA 3:2. I used this because I wanted something which I could spray easily. Vodka alone was not sufficient to dissolve the progesterone satisfactorily. I would have used pure ethanol but where I live you need a license for that...I do not live in the free world.

Iceman2016

I have used various ratios, approx vodka, EAA 3:2. I used this because I wanted something which I could spray easily. Vodka alone was not sufficient to dissolve the progesterone satisfactorily. I would have used pure ethanol but where I live you need a license for that...I do not live in the free world.

Thanks for the information. There are a number of other (long) threads where people have tried topical progesterone for hair loss with limited to no success. I wonder why it seems to not work for some people and other people such as yourself have good results. I have some temple recession starting and diffuse thinning in the crown area. You've inspired me to give topical progesterone a shot and see how it goes.

bobbity

Thanks for the information. There are a number of other (long) threads where people have tried topical progesterone for hair loss with limited to no success. I wonder why it seems to not work for some people and other people such as yourself have good results. I have some temple recession starting and diffuse thinning in the crown area. You've inspired me to give topical progesterone a shot and see how it goes.

Recently I have added some T3 to the mix, its subjective but my hair certainly seems to be growing faster than it usually does at this time in winter. I think the delivery is a factor, most preparations with progesterone are oily and difficult to work through the hair.

Spartan300

It's encouraging to see these positive reports but so far in my experiment when I added DHEA (1dr pansterone) it did the opposite and killed my libido.

Anyone know why this would be?
My blood tests show high DHEA-s..

Gustav3Y

It's encouraging to see these positive reports but so far in my experiment when I added DHEA (1dr pansterone) it did the opposite and killed my libido.

Anyone know why this would be?
My blood tests show high DHEA-s..

Erections would not be possible via manual stimulation by the partner or only sexual desire was off?

Spartan300

Probably possible but with much more effort and less inclination.

Morning wood is a good guage for me and it disappeared when I added the DHEA

tankasnowgod

My experience:

Awesome to hear. Glad a lot of guys are trying different routes and amounts with this combo, and finding success.

Also, interesting to hear the about the ethanol mix. I noticed some decent effects when using progesterone topically, but didn't like the way the oiliness felt and lingered. Seems like it deserves more experimentation....

Any reason you choose to spray on the torso? Curious about any fat/water loss there, or muscle gain.

Last edited:

bobbity

Awesome to hear. Glad a lot of guys are trying different routes and amounts with this combo, and finding success.

Also, interesting to hear the about the ethanol mix. I noticed some decent effects when using progesterone topically, but didn't like the way the oiliness felt and lingered. Seems like it deserves more experimentation....

Any reason you choose to spray on the torso? Curious about any fat/water loss there, or muscle gain.

Yes, 2 reasons. 1) Big surface area 2) Having read the following study I thought it couldn't hurt to try.

Progesterone inhibits glucocorticoid-dependent aromatase induction in human adipose fibroblasts - PubMed
"Progesterone must be considered a potential physiological inhibitor of glucocorticoid-dependent aromatase induction in adipose tissue."

SonOfEurope

So now I'm steady on 14mg progesterone and 2mg DHEA with occasional Andro.

But I was on 28 pure progesterone for a year and 9 months....

For those who are taking reasonable doses of no more than 30mg/day but are experiencing decreased libido... Please check that your calcium is at least at 1.5 grams per day, magnesium at 600-800mg and zinc at least 25mg - Even a modest increase in progesterone revolutionizes mineral use in the body.

SonOfEurope

Strange... Did you drastically increase the severity of the work-outs around the same time you added the DHEA by any chance?

And how much? If it for whatever reason was going down the E2 pathway you would have experienced water retention the next morning, was it a good brand of DHEA? In which carrier, Ethanol, MTC, E or something else?

Scenes

You said you added pansterone right? Pregnenolone is hit and miss in terms of libido. Peat says preg supplements are often contaminated, allergenic and estrogenic. He said even a tiny dose is enough to cause problems. I thought preg was helping me for a time but it was really prog and dhea so I cut out the middle man.

Progesterone, dhea, oysters...hard to go wrong. High calcium diet. If still struggling, redsun's advice to supplement folate for a bit will get you there. Limit all other supplements, they just add to the confusion.

Scenes

My experience:

Wonder if idealabs progestene would spray through a bottle...probably too thick. Definitely absorbs quickly though.

Spartan300

@SonOfEurope @Scenes

You're both right. Feeling better with good libido I pushed a workout the same day as I added 1 drop of pansterone.
I would like to get a low dose, good quality DHEA on it's own and try that.
I took a week off working out last week and quit the pansterone after 2 days.
I'll try 1 drop pansterone again tonight which might eliminate the stressful workout angle.
I'll report back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals