Copper Acetylsalicylate

yerrag

The h2o2 they sell here is full of phosphonates used as stabilizers. The little food-grade h2o2 available costs an arm and a leg. I followed the copper-wire in distilled water with acetic acid and h2o2 recipe, but the resulting copper acetate was loaded with phosphonate residue. Don't really fancy ingesting that ;)
Why does it have to be loaded with stabilizers? It's stable enough as it is. Is there a law that requires phosphonates to be included with hydrogen peroxide? What country are you in?

Jam

Why does it have to be loaded with stabilizers? It's stable enough as it is. Is there a law that requires phosphonates to be included with hydrogen peroxide? What country are you in?

Good question. It does increase shelf-life, but I don't see how that would increase profitability. It must somehow be cheaper to produce this way. I'm currently located in Italy.

yerrag

I looked at my gallon container of hydrogen peroxide just to be sure I hadn't missed anything. It is a 3% solution. It has an expiry date of 2017, but I still used it to make the copper acetate.

yerrag

I looked at my gallon container of hydrogen peroxide just to be sure I hadn't missed anything. It is a 3% solution. It has an expiry date of 2017, but I still used it to make the copper acetate.
I realize now that the one I used to make my copper acetate has stabilizers, as it's the drugstore version, which usually comes with stabilizers, so it could last long in room temperature.

A 35% hydrogen peroxide I bought recently I had to keep in the freezer. It stays liquid in the freezer.

managing

I realize now that the one I used to make my copper acetate has stabilizers, as it's the drugstore version, which usually comes with stabilizers, so it could last long in room temperature.

A 35% hydrogen peroxide I bought recently I had to keep in the freezer. It stays liquid in the freezer.
I've been using a commercial copper acetate lately to balance zinc and its been great. Just using it transdermally (the zinc too).

yerrag

I've been using a commercial copper acetate lately to balance zinc and its been great. Just using it transdermally (the zinc too).
What are you taking it for and what's your elemental copper dosage?

I just used copper acetate this weekend to get me out of a gut bloating problem. I had probiotics and cascara for help as well.

I put an ml of a copper acetate solution into an AA capsule. Took it 3x/day. Each ml was 10mg copper acetate or 3.3 mg elemental. Makes for 10mg/day of copper.

managing

Hunh. What does copper do for bloating?

I take it because I was marginal on copper to begin with. And then took enough zinc to cause a copper deficiency. But the copper acetate I am taking is very minimal. My calculation is that each drop is .015 ml of copper. I am using 2 drops 3xd (along w/ a tiny amount of zinc now that I've resolved the issue). Although the first few days I could use 10-20 drops before getting a headache.

I don't know how to translate transdermal into oral doses. Obviously there is a dramatic difference!

yerrag

Hunh. What does copper do for bloating?
It helped as an antibiotic. I needed a probiotic though, as the last time I had antibiotics, I didn't finish it off with probiotics. Big mistake.

I used to use probiotics after every round of antibiotics. But the prevailing thought of this forum against probiotics got into me. So the bloat was the consequence of this change of attitude towards probiotics. So I'm fixing it and going back to my errant ways lol.

managing

It helped as an antibiotic. I needed a probiotic though, as the last time I had antibiotics, I didn't finish it off with probiotics. Big mistake.

I used to use probiotics after every round of antibiotics. But the prevailing thought of this forum against probiotics got into me. So the bloat was the consequence of this change of attitude towards probiotics. So I'm fixing it and going back to my errant ways lol.
Its interesting. I eat Greek yogurt which of course has the lactic acid drained off, but live "probiotic" bacteria. Somebody posted a quote by RP (don't remember where) that a particular bacteria (Lactobacillus?) in the gut is anti-inflammatory. I was surprised by this.

Antibacterial copper: Interesting point. Not sure where in the gut copper is adsorbed, I would assume mainly colon? So it would indeed be antibacterial in the small intestine.

yerrag

That's great you feel better. I have been interested in copper lately as an antifungal. Do you think it could clear up a skin infection?
I think copper acetate would be more effective as a wide-spectrum agent against infection. Just like colloidal silver though it could be more potent as copper is aided by acetate which also has anti-infection abilities.

The solution I made turned out to be 1% copper acetate, or. 33% copper. You can buy copper acetate as a solid crystal. Then dissolve 1g in 100ml water to make a similar strength solution.

yerrag

Its interesting. I eat Greek yogurt which of course has the lactic acid drained off, but live "probiotic" bacteria. Somebody posted a quote by RP (don't remember where) that a particular bacteria (Lactobacillus?) in the gut is anti-inflammatory. I was surprised by this.

Antibacterial copper: Interesting point. Not sure where in the gut copper is adsorbed, I would assume mainly colon? So it would indeed be antibacterial in the small intestine.
I'm not sure where the copper acetate is working, whether it's in the small or the large intestine. But I have no SIBO history. Hardly have gut issues. No tummy aches. Free from bowel issues. I have regular morning dumps that were just a breeze each time. I've only vomited once, and that was after drinking dirty water on a vacation. So the gut bloat issue this past weekend was a new thing to me. I also don't have thyroid issues, so that makes my stomach a good disinfectant for incoming pathogens as it's not lacking in hydrochloric acid to kill pathogens. So I'm not likely to get SIBO. I feel the bloat is a delayed effect of a 3-month course of antibiotics I took (succession of doxy, augmentin, and azithromycin) that ended last May - 4 months after. I used to take probiotics after, or even during antibiotics. But that time I didn't, and so I could be dealing with some microbiome imbalance involving dominant anaerobic bacterial strains left in biofilms of the gut wall linings. So, the copper acetate was trying to kill eliminate these, as well as other bacteria in the microbiome. But I think alone, the copper acetate wouldn't be able to restore the balance so I had to get some probiotics. There was just a lot of fermenting activity from these anaerobes, and taking the probiotics could crowd out these anaerobes so they won't be producing as much gas as before.

The cascara sagrada was there to help induce bowel movement, which it did. Once bowel movement resumed, I stopped the once daily intake.

Now I'll still take AC if I felt my bowel was more loose than usual. Especially when it's too liquid. It meant too much bacteria in the gut stew that the gut lining wasn't allow the absorption of water thru the linings into the blood stream.

yerrag

As for dosage, my research has yielded that copper aspirinate does not absorb very well as a copper supplement and is more so used for the sod mimetic benefits, also the complex is able to reach to the mitochondrial level, and also is lipid soluble, it has a much smaller molecular weight than natural sod - so can move more rapidly in to cells. I'm presuming that since it behaves like a catalyst similarly to how sod does, that it gets excreted from the body on a pretty rapid basis like sod does, mostly through the kidneys. Therefore I think it is most likely safe to take in larger doses than one would take a copper vitamin, e.g. in doses of 150mg copper aspirinate breakfast / lunch / dinner - this would contain approx 20mg of copper (but largely not bio-available). This correlates to 1 teaspoon of well stirred solution of the above formula. From the sparse literature available that I could find, a similar dosage (scaling by copper content) of copper salicylate has been used on arthritis patients. This is all my own speculation from what I could find online, by all means you should do your own research, I am by no means an expert on this subject.

While it is likely that copper chelates undergo ligand exchange in vivo, it is this exchange that is required for cellular utilization and must account for the activation of inactive apoenzymes and the beneficial pharmacological effects of copper chelates. Also, it is well known that most administered drugs do not reach the site of disease pathology. Up to 99.999% of administered drugs may be removed by the liver and/or be distributed to tissues other than the disease affected tissue(s). Consequently, not all of an administered copper chelate is expected to reach the target tissue. The effective anti-inflammatory dose of Cu(II)2(aspirinate)4 is 1 umol/kg or 70 umol for an 'average' adult and represents 10^19 molecules/adult. If only 0.001% of this dose was distributed throughout the body, which is composed of an estimated 10^12 cells, there would be 100 molecules of drug for every cell in the adult body. Since there is always vasodilation at the site of disease-affected cells, as a component of the inflammatory response, and greater perfusion of the affected cells by plasma filtrate containing the drug, the concentration of drug in the environment of disease-affected cells would actually be far greater than 100 molecules/cell.

from p.118 Copper and Zinc in Inflammatory and Degenerative Diseases by JRJ Sorenson, 1998

70 umol of copper aspirinate is 60mg.

Last edited:

yerrag

However, reading on, on p. 19:

Copper(II)2(aspirinate)4 given as oral doses of 0.24 and 0.47 mmol/kg produced 16 or 72% inhibition, with altered tissue Cu, Zn and Fe contents. Acute inflammation in this model was also dramatically reduced with oral administration of 0.12, 0.24 or 0.47 mmol/kg Cu(II)2(aspirinate)4 producing 30, 38 or 54% inhibition of paw inflammation while larger doses of 0.56, 1.11. and 2.22 mmol/kg aspirin produced only 8, 31 or 54% inhibition. Acute carrageenan paw oedema (CPO) was also dramatically reduced following oral administration of Cu(II)2(aspirinate)4. A 0.1 mmol/kg dose produced 56% inhibition while a 0.6 mmol/kg dose of aspirin produced only 33% inhibition.

0.24 mmol/kg = 202mg/kg and for an average adult of 70kg, it would be 14,180

mg of copper aspirinate.

Hmm, this seems too large. Maybe there's a typo? Maybe it should be umol instead of mmol. If I correct it that way, it would be :

0.24 umol/kg = 0.20mg/kg; for 70kg adult, dosage would be 14.2mg of copper aspirinate

0.47 umol/kg = 0.39mg/kg; for 70kg adult, dosage would be 27.8 of copper aspirinate.

Bahh!

managing

Agree that seems too much. I've had noticeable affects with very, very small topical doses of cu acetate. Of course, this bypasses the liver.

Jam

@yerrag, your green copper complex solution was most likely copper salycilate.

Copper Complexes​

Copper Salicylate​

Copper is an essential trace mineral. All tissues of the body need it for normal metabolic functions. However, in organic form as chelates or complexes it is excellent for reducing inflammations, strengthening connective tissues, restoring hair color, promoting oxidative energy production, and kills all pathogens (bacteria and viruses).
Copper salicylate is a copper complex, which is an atom of copper connected or bound to another specific molecule. The most effective anti-inflammatory agents are copper complexes.
Amazing Healthy Formulas Copper Salicylate is a copper atom chemically bound to salicylic acid.

Copper Salicylate​

Copper Salicylate has a better anti-inflammatory effect than cortisone but without the side effects. Copper Salicylates have a similar action as superoxide dismutase (SOD1) to protect cells from free radicals, which is one of the most damaging causes of severe arthritis.
The first observation of copper’s role in the immune system was published in 1867 when it was reported that, during the cholera epidemics in Paris of 1832, 1849 and 1852, the copper workers were immune to the disease.
In 1939, the German physician, Werner Hangarter, noticed that the Finnish copper miners were unaffected by arthritis, as long as they worked in the copper mine industry. This was particularly striking since rheumatism was a widespread disease in Finland, and workers in other industries and other towns had more rheumatic diseases than did the copper miners. This led to the medical researchers and physicians to utilizing copper complexes to successfully treating patients suffering from rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis, neck and back problems, as well as sciatica.
Dr. Werner Hangarter, head of medicine at the University of Kiel, successfully used copper salicylate for over 20 years with more than 1100 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Of 620 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, 65% became symptom free and another 23% improved significantly, only 12% remained unchanged. With acute rheumatic fever 100% became symptom free. Also, neuromuscular problems such as sciatica, neuralgia, and cervical spine-shoulder problems responded very well. Even short- term treatment of rheumatoid arthritis resulted in long-term remissions or improvements. Copper salicylate can have a profound effect on not only rheumatoid arthritis but also osteoarthritis
Copper Salicylate is another highly effective natural remedy that the large pharmaceutical companies do not produce or sell because being naturally occurring it can’t be patented. Due to Copper Salicylate's ability to greatly reduce inflammation and effectively treat all forms of arthritis, they have gone to great lengths to keep this information well hidden.
Amazing Health Formulas’ Copper Salicylate is formulated to perfection resulting in a high yield product. It is not manufactured or sold by any other manufacturer due to the complexity of its production and the lack of information on how to produce it. Our Copper salicylate is often used in conjunction with our Colloidal Copper to maximize its effects in minimizing inflammation and all forms of arthritis.

Copper Aspirinate​

Amazing Healthy Formulas also offers another remarkable copper complex that is highly effective in reducing inflammation and arthritis pain. This complex is Copper Aspirinate. It is formulated using copper carbonate and acetylsalicylic acid and forms a brilliant blue color, whereas the copper salicylate is a brownish green color.

Both the copper salicylate and the copper aspirinate are copper complexes that medical research is looking at very hard because of the abundance of medical literature substantiating their ability to drastically reduce inflammation and arthritic pain better than prescription medications.

Copper Aspirinate
The general consensus of medical research believes that when aspirin is taken by itself it combines with copper in the body to form a copper complex and this is how aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties.
Our copper complexes of copper salicylate and copper aspirinate are approximately 8 times more powerful than aspirin but less toxic. The therapeutic potency and safety of the copper complexes of aspirin is much better than for aspirin itself or for inorganic copper. The therapeutic index (the margin between effectiveness and the toxic effects) has been stated as being significantly greater than for other anti-inflammatory drugs. While aspirin causes or aggravates peptic ulcers, the copper complexes have a better ulcer-healing effect than commonly used anti-inflammatory ulcer drugs. Harmful effects of aspirin, salicylic acid and similar drugs apparently arise because they bind copper in the body and cause a localized copper deficiency in the tissues.
Amazing Healthy Formulas' Copper Aspirinate complex is an atom of copper chemically bound to acetylsalicylic acid ( the active ingredient of aspirin).
The daily dosage for both of these copper complexes is the same. First, as with all medications or supplements, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not take.
These copper complexes are powerful in small doses, so, "more is not better."
The recommended daily dosage for both the copper salicylate and the copper aspirinate is initially only 30 mg.(milligrams) per day for the first three days. If no side effects are experienced then the 30 mg. is to be increased to twice a day for three days. The following three days a dosage of 60 mg. twice per day is to be taken and this specific dosage should remain the same for the next 30 days. If no side effects are experienced then the daily dosage can increase to 60 mg. three times per day. The copper complexes should be taken with a liquid drink with a meal.
These copper complexes have a bitter taste, like aspirin, so it is better to take these with a drink that can hide the taste. The drink should not contain vitamin C because vitamin C can bind with the copper and render it inert.
Also, while using copper complexes, it is best to supplement with the mineral zinc otherwise an imbalance between these very important minerals can occur.

At any given time during treatment with either of these copper complexes all symptoms of inflammation or arthritic pain subside, then maintain that particular dosage as there is no need to take more, "more is not better".
These copper complexes (Copper Salicylate and Copper Aspirinate) are not available in stores or online. They are very special, very safe, and they specifically target inflammation and arthritis better than prescription medications. The reason that we produce two different copper complexes is because everyone's physiology is different and one may work better than the other for varying inflammatory conditions and different severities.

yerrag

@yerrag, your green copper complex solution was most likely copper salycilate.

Copper Complexes​

Copper Salicylate​

Copper is an essential trace mineral. All tissues of the body need it for normal metabolic functions. However, in organic form as chelates or complexes it is excellent for reducing inflammations, strengthening connective tissues, restoring hair color, promoting oxidative energy production, and kills all pathogens (bacteria and viruses).
Copper salicylate is a copper complex, which is an atom of copper connected or bound to another specific molecule. The most effective anti-inflammatory agents are copper complexes.
Amazing Healthy Formulas Copper Salicylate is a copper atom chemically bound to salicylic acid.

Copper Salicylate​

Copper Salicylate has a better anti-inflammatory effect than cortisone but without the side effects. Copper Salicylates have a similar action as superoxide dismutase (SOD1) to protect cells from free radicals, which is one of the most damaging causes of severe arthritis.
The first observation of copper’s role in the immune system was published in 1867 when it was reported that, during the cholera epidemics in Paris of 1832, 1849 and 1852, the copper workers were immune to the disease.
In 1939, the German physician, Werner Hangarter, noticed that the Finnish copper miners were unaffected by arthritis, as long as they worked in the copper mine industry. This was particularly striking since rheumatism was a widespread disease in Finland, and workers in other industries and other towns had more rheumatic diseases than did the copper miners. This led to the medical researchers and physicians to utilizing copper complexes to successfully treating patients suffering from rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis, neck and back problems, as well as sciatica.
Dr. Werner Hangarter, head of medicine at the University of Kiel, successfully used copper salicylate for over 20 years with more than 1100 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Of 620 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, 65% became symptom free and another 23% improved significantly, only 12% remained unchanged. With acute rheumatic fever 100% became symptom free. Also, neuromuscular problems such as sciatica, neuralgia, and cervical spine-shoulder problems responded very well. Even short- term treatment of rheumatoid arthritis resulted in long-term remissions or improvements. Copper salicylate can have a profound effect on not only rheumatoid arthritis but also osteoarthritis
Copper Salicylate is another highly effective natural remedy that the large pharmaceutical companies do not produce or sell because being naturally occurring it can’t be patented. Due to Copper Salicylate's ability to greatly reduce inflammation and effectively treat all forms of arthritis, they have gone to great lengths to keep this information well hidden.
Amazing Health Formulas’ Copper Salicylate is formulated to perfection resulting in a high yield product. It is not manufactured or sold by any other manufacturer due to the complexity of its production and the lack of information on how to produce it. Our Copper salicylate is often used in conjunction with our Colloidal Copper to maximize its effects in minimizing inflammation and all forms of arthritis.

Copper Aspirinate​

Amazing Healthy Formulas also offers another remarkable copper complex that is highly effective in reducing inflammation and arthritis pain. This complex is Copper Aspirinate. It is formulated using copper carbonate and acetylsalicylic acid and forms a brilliant blue color, whereas the copper salicylate is a brownish green color.

Both the copper salicylate and the copper aspirinate are copper complexes that medical research is looking at very hard because of the abundance of medical literature substantiating their ability to drastically reduce inflammation and arthritic pain better than prescription medications.

Copper Aspirinate
The general consensus of medical research believes that when aspirin is taken by itself it combines with copper in the body to form a copper complex and this is how aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties.
Our copper complexes of copper salicylate and copper aspirinate are approximately 8 times more powerful than aspirin but less toxic. The therapeutic potency and safety of the copper complexes of aspirin is much better than for aspirin itself or for inorganic copper. The therapeutic index (the margin between effectiveness and the toxic effects) has been stated as being significantly greater than for other anti-inflammatory drugs. While aspirin causes or aggravates peptic ulcers, the copper complexes have a better ulcer-healing effect than commonly used anti-inflammatory ulcer drugs. Harmful effects of aspirin, salicylic acid and similar drugs apparently arise because they bind copper in the body and cause a localized copper deficiency in the tissues.
Amazing Healthy Formulas' Copper Aspirinate complex is an atom of copper chemically bound to acetylsalicylic acid ( the active ingredient of aspirin).
The daily dosage for both of these copper complexes is the same. First, as with all medications or supplements, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, do not take.
These copper complexes are powerful in small doses, so, "more is not better."
The recommended daily dosage for both the copper salicylate and the copper aspirinate is initially only 30 mg.(milligrams) per day for the first three days. If no side effects are experienced then the 30 mg. is to be increased to twice a day for three days. The following three days a dosage of 60 mg. twice per day is to be taken and this specific dosage should remain the same for the next 30 days. If no side effects are experienced then the daily dosage can increase to 60 mg. three times per day. The copper complexes should be taken with a liquid drink with a meal.
These copper complexes have a bitter taste, like aspirin, so it is better to take these with a drink that can hide the taste. The drink should not contain vitamin C because vitamin C can bind with the copper and render it inert.
Also, while using copper complexes, it is best to supplement with the mineral zinc otherwise an imbalance between these very important minerals can occur.

At any given time during treatment with either of these copper complexes all symptoms of inflammation or arthritic pain subside, then maintain that particular dosage as there is no need to take more, "more is not better".
These copper complexes (Copper Salicylate and Copper Aspirinate) are not available in stores or online. They are very special, very safe, and they specifically target inflammation and arthritis better than prescription medications. The reason that we produce two different copper complexes is because everyone's physiology is different and one may work better than the other for varying inflammatory conditions and different severities.
Good timing for me that you post this, Jam.

It gives dosage advice which to me is what we lack mostly when we go the non-pharma route.

As I am thinking of the antimicrobial options of chlorine dioxide/MMS and iodine/Lugol's/SSKI and copper/acetate as I find them necessary in overcoming my high bp condition. The more I find success in cleaning the blood vessels, the more I see foam increasing in my urine and the more my bp would increase.

This leads me to conclude that microbes are coming off biofilms and that antimicrobials are needed to assist the immune system in killing off these microbes. The less work the immune system does, the less phagocytosis needed. As there would be less spillover ROS, and less foamy urine resulting from serum albumin being oxidized as an antioxidant to counter the oxidative stress from spillover ROS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals