Super Oxide Dismutase Supplement Is Rocking My World

GorillaHead

Melatonin stimulates skin cells to produce SOD. In acne, which is very similar to hair loss, the cell starts producing superoxide anions against the p acne bacteria and (if present) SOD scavenges the anion
Probably a reason why someone in your hairloss thread was cured by melatonin
Which thread?

ursidae

Which thread?
My bad, it was someone else’s hair thread

Though the person outlines a different mechanism than what I assumed, I think the SOD/keratinocytes/melatonin connection is worth looking into and might be an answer to why homeless people have a full head of hair

Last edited:

facesavant

I put this one off for years, because the story was always that it could not be absorbed as stomach acids would render it useless. I read so many good things though that I decided hey why not, it was not very expensive and I have blown more money on way more questionable supplements over the years. The one I take is liver derived, and enteric coated, and also has the other major antioxidants, catalase and glutathione. Been taking at same time as NAC on empty stomach first thing in morning now for this past week. The logic is NAC boosts intracellular SOD, while the supplement boosts extracellular. I am experiencing almost total lack of neck pain, shoulder pain, joint pain, foot and wrist pain etc, areas which have been bothering me generally for the last decade. Whats more amazing is there was serious calcification or something like that in my neck that I could feel and hear when I massaged around my neck bones, a gritty sand like quality, well that is completely gone within just the past week of being on this. It is a dream come true! The same gritty quality at the bottom of my feet is now clearing up too. I know that antioxidants are just a part of health, but wow, this is really something else!! I’m going to go ahead and say it is the most under-rated supplement ever. I am amazed to see how few reviews for sod products are out there, considering these kind of products have been available for decades now, strange it has so little hype. Well here I am hyping it!
Are you still using this protocol? If so, have there been any more changes or side effects? I'm kind of afraid to try it, will most likely give me a headache from over stimulation. Any thoughts and comments are helpful. Thanks

vetiver

Does anyone know how to downregualte SOD. I’m having the worst time of my life after taking extramel - my body has shut down/is in shock/totally calcifying. It feels like it’s getting progressively worse.
“Unexpectedly, overexpression of superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) in rd1 mice increased oxidative damage and accelerated cone cell death. “

“Since the three enzymes of the antioxidant system are susceptible to at least one of the oxidative reactive molecules, in the case of high oxidative stresses such an inhibition could take place, leading to an irreversible autocatalytical process in which the production rate of the oxidants will continuously increase, leading to cell death.”

“In the present investigation, it was found that the formation of hydroxyl radicals was enhanced by SOD in the standard reaction mixture under UVA irradiation. Since hydroxyl radicals are known to be very reactive towards proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids, the hydroxyl radicals observed here might have been a trigger for cell damage and might have had highly deleterious effects on cells.

This finding is quite surprising, since SOD is generally considered to be an antioxidant. It might have deleterious effects rather than protective ones with respect to the cytotoxicity of active oxygen species under conditions like those prevailing in the present system. Some investigators have reported that SOD enhances cytotoxicity due to active oxygen species.23–27)”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals