Copper Acetylsalicylate

OP
Captain_Coconut
That is very helpful—thank you.

Could you share, when you reacted aspirin with your copper solution, on a per dose basis, did you simply just mix it in, or heat as well?

Mix and add a pinch of baking soda.

Mossy

This stuff really works! Just one day and the arthritic knee pain is gone. I've had this pain since 2000.

I'm not sure why this works so quickly, for me as well as for the OP. For me, I'm thinking that because this was the final icing on the cake, so to speak. Since Peating and constantly learning and applying new stuff from this forum, I've increased my body temperature to normal, have been getting better sleep, don't get sleepy anymore during the day, and have also become much much less senstitive to my allergy to pollen and to MSG. But my knee pain (as well as my high blood pressure) has not gone away, although it has improved. But using copper acetylsalicylate was the final nail on the coffin.

Just so you know, using copper acetate and aspirin to make copper acetylsalicylate works! So for those who want a shortcut to making this, you can just buy copper acetate crystals from Amazon and mix it with aspirin.
I’m curious if you still take copper aspirinate for your knee. I see you were taking a 35mg dose, if I read that correctly, which is quite large amount, as compared to the 2mg dose of copper I see from supplement companies.

I’d like to know if it’s helped your chronic knee long-term, as well as your overall feeling while using copper, with such a high dose. Thanks for anything you can share.

yerrag

I’m curious if you still take copper aspirinate for your knee. I see you were taking a 35mg dose, if I read that correctly, which is quite large amount, as compared to the 2mg dose of copper I see from supplement companies.

I’d like to know if it’s helped your chronic knee long-term, as well as your overall feeling while using copper, with such a high dose. Thanks for anything you can share.
I stopped taking it, as it tasted dank, and I also wanted to try reformulating it to where I had to incorporate baking soda in it. The knee pain came back, so I think this solution is something where I have to be using this regularly, like a maintenance drug. I seem to notice though that when I was paying close attention to maintaining a urine pH around 6.4 to 6.8, the pain would ease. Now that I've ran out of my urine pH test strip, the knee pain seems to have returned.

I have yet to try using boron, but I imagine it would also be a maintenance kind of thing.

Mossy

I stopped taking it, as it tasted dank, and I also wanted to try reformulating it to where I had to incorporate baking soda in it. The knee pain came back, so I think this solution is something where I have to be using this regularly, like a maintenance drug. I seem to notice though that when I was paying close attention to maintaining a urine pH around 6.4 to 6.8, the pain would ease. Now that I've ran out of my urine pH test strip, the knee pain seems to have returned.

I have yet to try using boron, but I imagine it would also be a maintenance kind of thing.
Ok, so it seems a person would need to take this continuously. Thanks for the reply. If I find out anything that I think would be of interest, I’ll report back.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Ok, so it seems a person would need to take this continuously. Thanks for the reply. If I find out anything that I think would be of interest, I’ll report back.

I noticed some great pain reduction, that did not come back after. But I also used it with dmso a few times topically, so that may be why.

Mossy

I noticed some great pain reduction, that did not come back after. But I also used it with dmso a few times topically, so that may be why.
Ok, intersting. I do have DMSO. Did you use it at the site of the trouble, such as the hurting knee, or just anywhere, and it worked systemically?

OP
Captain_Coconut
Ok, intersting. I do have DMSO. Did you use it at the site of the trouble, such as the hurting knee, or just anywhere, and it worked systemically?

At the site, several times.

OP
Captain_Coconut
I did a test of sorts today. On one arm: copper aspirinate with dmso, the other copper acetate with dmso. Interestingly the aspirinate form absorbed nearly immediately as indicated by the lack of blue stain on my skin. The acetate form somehow seems to leave more copper behind on the skin.

Mossy

I did a test of sorts today. On one arm: copper aspirinate with dmso, the other copper acetate with dmso. Interestingly the aspirinate form absorbed nearly immediately as indicated by the lack of blue stain on my skin. The acetate form somehow seems to leave more copper behind on the skin.
It will be interesting if you notice a difference in effectiveness on the arms, with regard to arthritis/stiffness, or whatever other obvious changes occur. Did you use baking soda in both versions or only the aspirinate?

Currently, I am only using this topically, as I don’t have a good grasp of the potency of my solution. Many instrust to use a TDS meter for this, but I’ve also read that that would not be accurate for colloids. I can note that using this 3 days in a row topically, and a single 1/2 tsp dose orally, made me a bit too active minded. I’m taking a break, and then will try every other day or so topical applications. I don’t know if I even need the dmso at this point, considering how sensitive I am to most supplements.

Last edited:

yerrag

@Mossy @Captain_Coconut I'm thinking of using copper aspirinate (as well as borax) to deactivate endotoxins. I'm thinking of this only because they are effective on arthritis, and I'm playing with the idea that maybe these substances are effective against arthritis because arthritis could be caused by endotoxins.

Since making the aspirinate entails some added work, I'm using borax at the moment.

What are your thoughts on the possibility that arthritis could be caused by endotoxins?

Last edited:

Jam

I'm about to start with copper aspirinate as well, for an arthritic shoulder and wrist that I've developed over the course of 5 or so years. I also believe it to be endotoxin-related, due not to intestinal issues (I have rock-solid digestion, nothing phases me), but to periodontal disease, similarly to @yerrag IIRC. Just waiting for my order to arrive to start experimenting...

Mossy

@Mossy @Captain_Coconut I'm thinking of using copper aspirinate (as well as borax) to deactivate endotoxins. I'm thinking of this only because they are effective on arthritis, and I'm playing with the idea that maybe these substances are effective against arthritis because arthritis could be caused by endotoxins.

Since making the aspirinate entails some added work, I'm using borax at the moment.

What are your thoughts on the possibility that arthritis could be caused by endotoxins?
From a pure layman’s view point, I see value in that. I know Peat speaks of endotoxin as bad, so fighting endotoxin and bacteria are pro-Peat and worth trying. I can share that my homemade copper was too much for me—too powerful. I would get restless and then get flu-like symptoms. It would give me energy. As time and finances allow, I’ll have to get more precise and fine-tune it.

yerrag

From a pure layman’s view point, I see value in that. I know Peat speaks of endotoxin as bad, so fighting endotoxin and bacteria are pro-Peat and worth trying. I can share that my homemade copper was too much for me—too powerful. I would get restless and then get flu-like symptoms. It would give me energy. As time and finances allow, I’ll have to get more precise and fine-tune it.

I felt the same way when I started taking a small dose of boron just the other day. I don't know if it was just that, or if it was because I was taking a large dose of progesterone also. I felt myself getting hungry in between meals, as if I was using up more energy. Strange thing though is that my heart rate was lowered a lot, but I think it was a separate effect from the inotropic action of progesterone at a dosage enough to make that effect. Could be progesterone, could be boron, could be both. Or maybe it's something I should come to expect whenever I take something that can counter endotoxins. Will have plenty of opportunities to find this out in the near future.

I'll make my own copper aspirinate and then see what effect it has on me. Thanks!

yerrag

I'm about to start with copper aspirinate as well, for an arthritic shoulder and wrist that I've developed over the course of 5 or so years. I also believe it to be endotoxin-related, due not to intestinal issues (I have rock-solid digestion, nothing phases me), but to periodontal disease, similarly to @yerrag IIRC. Just waiting for my order to arrive to start experimenting...

Good to have you share a common source of a problem with me. What is your order for? The copper carbonate and acetylsalicylic acid? Could you share your CBC results, if you have a recent one?

Jam

Good to have you share a common source of a problem with me. What is your order for? The copper carbonate and acetylsalicylic acid? Could you share your CBC results, if you have a recent one?

Sorry, don't have any recent test results.

Attempts to synthesize copper aspirinate/salicylate have ultimately failed, due to the fact that pure h2o2 (without stabilizers) is impossible to find here without spending a fortune. My one attempt resulted in a lot of nice blue copper acetate and white phosphonate impurities from the stabilizer used in the H2o2. Ugh.

So, I wound up dumping that, and took 1.5mg copper gluconate early this morning together with 1/4 alka-seltzer, and amazingly, the pain in my right wrist is almost completely gone. Normally, not even 2 aspirins do much at all. So, seems that taking copper then aspirin at the same time, instead of the copper-(acetyl)salycilate compounds, actually works!

yerrag

Sorry, don't have any recent test results.

Attempts to synthesize copper aspirinate/salicylate have ultimately failed, due to the fact that pure h2o2 (without stabilizers) is impossible to find here without spending a fortune. My one attempt resulted in a lot of nice blue copper acetate and white phosphonate impurities from the stabilizer used in the H2o2. Ugh.

So, I wound up dumping that, and took 1.5mg copper gluconate early this morning together with 1/4 alka-seltzer, and amazingly, the pain in my right wrist is almost completely gone. Normally, not even 2 aspirins do much at all. So, seems that taking copper then aspirin at the same time, instead of the copper-(acetyl)salycilate compounds, actually works!
Excellent! How did you figure out this would work? You have copper gluconate, asirin, and sodium bicarbonatem, and citric acid.

Jam

Excellent! How did you figure out this would work? You have copper gluconate, asirin, and sodium bicarbonatem, and citric acid.

I have been taking copper aspirinate for approx 11 months after receiving a diagnosis of severe avascular necrosis in a hip.
I made it the long way for the first 3 months but have found that taking a 2mg copper glycinate with 650mg aspirin is almost as effective and a whole lot easier.

I've read that copper salts/chelates hydrolize in the stomach, and that the copper then binds to salicylic acid if present (which is itself a result of hydrolization of aspirin by hcl). I tried pure aspirin powder dissolved in water instead of the alka-seltzer today and the effect seems greater, perhaps due to less interference by other molecules.

yerrag

I've read that copper salts/chelates hydrolize in the stomach, and that the copper then binds to salicylic acid if present (which is itself a result of hydrolization of aspirin by hcl). I tried pure aspirin powder dissolved in water instead of the alka-seltzer today and the effect seems greater, perhaps due to less interference by other molecules.
I think that the proof may just be in the pudding. If it worked on you, there's something to it.

I didn't understand why you couldn't find hydrogen peroxide though. It's a staple disinfectant used for cleaning wounds, and the diluted preparations sold in drug stores can be used for our purposes. I made my copper acetate that way based on easy instructions in Youtube. That said, it was troublesome to make copper carbonate as well as acetylsalicylic acid, the two ingredients needed to make copper aspirinate. So, if we don't have to go thru that trouble, all the better.

Just the same, I was able to mix copper acetate and aspirin and use whatever came out of that mix, and taking that I also experienced relief from my left knee arthritic pain. The thing with taking it was that it just tastes terrible, especially the aftertaste. Comparing taking colloidal silver and copper acetate (or its aspirin-based derivative), I would rather take silver a hundred times over copper.

Jam

I didn't understand why you couldn't find hydrogen peroxide though. It's a staple disinfectant used for cleaning wounds, and the diluted preparations sold in drug stores can be used for our purposes.

The h2o2 they sell here is full of phosphonates used as stabilizers. The little food-grade h2o2 available costs an arm and a leg. I followed the copper-wire in distilled water with acetic acid and h2o2 recipe, but the resulting copper acetate was loaded with phosphonate residue. Don't really fancy ingesting that ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals