Consuming Sugar / Carbs Without Protein Or Fiber

GreekDemiGod

Sorry if this has been talked about.
I read about the suggestion to always eat your protein with some fruit / sugar.

But what about the other way around? Is it wise to just drink, let's say, OJ by itself in-between meals, on a RP diet? What's the consensus of this community. Wouldn't pure sugar / carbs without fiber lead to the so-called 'sugar crash'?
Also, wouldn't the lack of protein (satiety effect) lead to increased hunger in a short time?

somuch4food

Wouldn't pure sugar / carbs without fiber lead to the so-called 'sugar crash'?
Also, wouldn't the lack of protein (satiety effect) lead to increased hunger in a short time?

I've seen some mention "sipping orange juice" between meals. This would prevent a crash.

Personnally, I don't do too well with this approach. I need proteins in my snack for them to be satisfying.

tanya48

There is a big difference between eating something with sugar by itself, without fat or protein, or a piece of fruit by itself. Fruit will not trigger an insulin spike and therefore can be eaten alone. Straight glucose, however, WILL trigger a spike and is best taken with at least a bit of fat, if at all. It's interesting to me that if I add any sugar to my meal of red meat at night (unless it's just a tiny bit of fruit), then I will always feel hungry a few hours later or in the middle of the night. If I eat only the meat, I'm fine till the morning. I've found that it's best for me not to sip on OJ or any other fruit juice between meals. Carbs stimulate the appetite, while fat and protein do not, and I am trying to keep my blood sugar balanced.

Hgreen56

There is a big difference between eating something with sugar by itself, without fat or protein, or a piece of fruit by itself. Fruit will not trigger an insulin spike and therefore can be eaten alone. Straight glucose, however, WILL trigger a spike and is best taken with at least a bit of fat, if at all. It's interesting to me that if I add any sugar to my meal of red meat at night (unless it's just a tiny bit of fruit), then I will always feel hungry a few hours later or in the middle of the night. If I eat only the meat, I'm fine till the morning. I've found that it's best for me not to sip on OJ or any other fruit juice between meals. Carbs stimulate the appetite, while fat and protein do not, and I am trying to keep my blood sugar balanced.

so how do your meals (carbs, protein, fats timing) looks like?

gaze

You can drink orange juice by itself. the potassium and very small amounts of protein is enough to keep blood sugar stable. A Coke However should be Eaten with a little bit of cheese

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals