Coffee And Libido

sladerunner69

Very interesting thread. Any more opinions on coffee or espressos overall effect on libido for men and women? I am interested in this topic. @sladerunner69 I have never heard of coffee lowering DHT. In fact I have read the opposite..check this link. 5 Easy Ways to Get More DHT from Your Diet

Caffiene raises progesterone which opposes DHT. Maybe it raises progesterone and DHT, so the effects could vary depending on your hormone levels.

I found out though that coffee was strenuous for me because I had low GABA and coffee lowers gaba considerably. Without gaba one gets anxious and jittery.

Caffiene raises progesterone which opposes DHT. Maybe it raises progesterone and DHT, so the effects could vary depending on your hormone levels.

I found out though that coffee was strenuous for me because I had low GABA and coffee lowers gaba considerably. Without gaba one gets anxious and jittery.

why wouldnt you add some b6 to coffee
or something that make gaba higher ?

TubZy

Coffee or caffeine in general without some sort of anti stress supplement and also away from food makes me feel like ***t and lowers libido. When I pair coffee with food, taurine or glycine I feel great both mentally and libido wise.

Coffee or caffeine in general without some sort of anti stress supplement and also away from food makes me feel like ***t and lowers libido. When I pair coffee with food, taurine or glycine I feel great both mentally and libido wise.

did you try the co with the caffeine (300mg )with taurine
with a cup of orange juice ?
i tried this morning

Jsaute21

I'm with you @TubZy. Essential to have the correct amount of nutrients to put up with the stress response. @sladerunner69 just curious, did you have neurotransmitters tested or do you just assume to have low gaba?

TubZy

I'm with you @TubZy. Essential to have the correct amount of nutrients to put up with the stress response. @sladerunner69 just curious, did you have neurotransmitters tested or do you just assume to have low gaba?

Yes I always have my coffee after eating a big meal with OJ. I will add a few grams of glycine and/or gelatin/taurine. Sometimes I even add some pure aspirin powder. It also helps digestion and metabolize the fats/foods better which you probably are aware of from peat's work.

My favorite anti stress combo is a big **** bowl of haagen dazs ice cream with a cup of coffee and gelatin. I usually do that late evening after dinner.

sladerunner69

Vet grade one on Amazon

TubZy have you ever drank coffee on the same day yo have taken all your fat solubles (I believe you said you do 75000iu vit a and 3g niacinimide and vit E and many mg of vit k) AND androseterone? How does that feel? It doesnt put you over the age and make you anxious or too intense?

Jsaute21

Just to confirm...androsterone is a pro hormone correct? What happens when you stop taking such a compound?

TubZy

TubZy have you ever drank coffee on the same day yo have taken all your fat solubles (I believe you said you do 75000iu vit a and 3g niacinimide and vit E and many mg of vit k) AND androseterone? How does that feel? It doesnt put you over the age and make you anxious or too intense?

Yeah everday I do that actually. If I don't eat enough food and sugar prior to taking the coffee and supplements yeah I do get anxious. I do a split so Energin, retinil, tocovit, D3, and androsterone (topical) in the morning and K2 30mg at dinner. All oral for the vitamins.

sladerunner69

Yeah everday I do that actually. If I don't eat enough food and sugar prior to taking the coffee and supplements yeah I do get anxious. I do a split so Energin, retinil, tocovit, D3, and androsterone (topical) in the morning and K2 30mg at dinner. All oral for the vitamins.

You really do 30mg of k2? That's a giant dose, does it make you feel weird? I have been taking k2 for a while now and I am worried it is changing my facial structure actually, someone else mentioned it made their face seem wider.

TubZy

You really do 30mg of k2? That's a giant dose, does it make you feel weird? I have been taking k2 for a while now and I am worried it is changing my facial structure actually, someone else mentioned it made their face seem wider.

No, not at all actually. It should change your facial structure in a more masculine way. I have a pretty defined jawline and chin, but maybe could be a little more defined towards the china area. So i guess time will tell. My estrogen is low so I'm barely holding any water, my face/body is pretty dry looking right now.

You ever see Vanilla Ice's jawline? it's structured as hell, has to be genetic- i'm sure his diet isn't rich in K2, D3 and calcium haha.
hp373X1.png

sladerunner69

No, not at all actually. It should change your facial structure in a more masculine way. I have a pretty defined jawline and chin, but maybe could be a little more defined towards the china area. So i guess time will tell. My estrogen is low so I'm barely holding any water, my face/body is pretty dry looking right now.

You ever see Vanilla Ice's jawline? it's structured as hell, has to be genetic- i'm sure his diet isn't rich in K2, D3 and calcium haha.
hp373X1.png

My estrogen should be very low as well, sometimes I get low estrogen symptoms like achy joints, low libido etc. However I still have slightly puffy nipples and some excess subcutaneous fat especially around my abdominals.

Yeah Vanilla probably can attribute his fame to that jawline, personally I never cared for his music.

I have been taking 5mg k2 every day for probably 6 months now, and I think it has made my cheekbones wider. The problem is I dont think my jaw is getting wider, just the center part of my head, so my face is getting wider and rounder which is weird. I might actually lower my 5mg k2 to once weekly because I dont want to look at myself in the mirror next year and realize my face got really wide or my head got any fatter (already have a huge fat head, dont need a bigger one)

TubZy

My estrogen should be very low as well, sometimes I get low estrogen symptoms like achy joints, low libido etc. However I still have slightly puffy nipples and some excess subcutaneous fat especially around my abdominals.

Yeah Vanilla probably can attribute his fame to that jawline, personally I never cared for his music.

I have been taking 5mg k2 every day for probably 6 months now, and I think it has made my cheekbones wider. The problem is I dont think my jaw is getting wider, just the center part of my head, so my face is getting wider and rounder which is weird. I might actually lower my 5mg k2 to once weekly because I dont want to look at myself in the mirror next year and realize my face got really wide or my head got any fatter (already have a huge fat head, dont need a bigger one)

What about your prolactin levels? If you estrogen is pretty low you shouldn't have signs of puffy nips.

I don't care for his music either, just pointing it out as he seems to have the most structured jawline I have ever really seen on a guy.

You can definitely pin it down to the K2 and not water weight i.e. from too much salt that is getting retained in your face?

Wagner83

Very interesting thread. Any more opinions on coffee or espressos overall effect on libido for men and women? I am interested in this topic. @sladerunner69 I have never heard of coffee lowering DHT. In fact I have read the opposite..check this link. 5 Easy Ways to Get More DHT from Your Diet

Thank you this is what I have read as well and it makes sense. Coffee has vaso constrictive effects at a high dose (flaccid size shrinks).
As for rice I'm only aware of a study which showed in vitro specific extract of sorghum increased dht while rice decreased it .
suppversity.blogspot.ch/2012/01/problems-with-high-or-low-dht-use-rice.html
peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=6079.0

Hard to say it is relevant to oral intake of rice, sorghum did make me shed a lot of hair and increased well being (confidence, inner calmness..).

Last edited:

sladerunner69

What about your prolactin levels? If you estrogen is pretty low you shouldn't have signs of puffy nips.

I don't care for his music either, just pointing it out as he seems to have the most structured jawline I have ever really seen on a guy.

You can definitely pin it down to the K2 and not water weight i.e. from too much salt that is getting retained in your face?

I know I shouldn't have them and I know I should have a lower bodyfat but I don't so something is clearly out of whack still. I don't know if it's prolactin because I would have to go back for another blood panel but last time I had one it was somewhat elevated however I do eat plenty of calcium and take some b6 everyday (although not the p5p form which I understand is significantly more potent)

Are you implying that you have seen a more impressive jawline on a gal?

Yes Im fairly certain it is the k2 although I would have to lose about 10-20 lbs to be certain. That's where I was down to a couple years ago and I would just measure my facial width:height ratio with the picture above.

Jsaute21

How many people on here think coffee positively contributes to libido versus negatively? I am interested to hear feedback from a wide variety of people.

PUTFOT

Doesn't coffee increase dht? Why was it recommended to be dropped here in order to increase dht?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals