Anybody Add Baking Soda To Coffee?

Inaut

I've been adding baking soda (quarter teaspoon per 2.5 cups) to coffee for the last couple of days. Typically I can't tolerate it but with baking soda it seems to be much better on my gut. I find it sweetens the taste a little as well. Does anybody else do this? Just curious

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Do tell - what do you mean by you can't tolerate it?

Does it fizz when you mix it in? It's not sounding too appetizing for me. Baking soda tastes horrendous.

ww3not4me

Most people that want to use Bicarb add it to water and take it before bed. Usually used to slow the progress of kidney disease. Sodium Bicarb is well known to cause diarrhea at 1/2 a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon. Old people that take a lot of drugs that cause constipation find relief with it. It lowers the acidity of your stomach acid so taking it in the daytime when you will also be eating is usually not a good thing as it can and will alter digestion of food.

I can not imagine how disgusting coffee would taste with sodium bicarb in it. If it is working for you do what you like! I doubt 1/4 teaspoon will cause you any harm but do not get crazy with it. Keep it to one cup.

I some times put 1/4 teaspoon in a gallon of water along with sodium chloride, potassium chloride, magnesium citrate, magnesium sulphate, and chelated zinc especialy if I am fasting. If I find I am constipated I will put 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of warm water at bed time and when I wake up the next day I am going normaly with out any toxins or plant stimulants or the like.

Last edited:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I once was curious how acidic coffee would be. I had the pH paper and then added baking soda to the coffee until the acid was neutralized. I was surprised how much of baking soda it took! But the coffee tasted awful after that.

Once in a while I saw adds on Facebook about acid-free roasted coffee beans or ground coffee, not sure if that is even possible.

FacelessMan

I’ve been adding baking soda to OJ the last few days. Interesting. Cuts the tart taste, easier on the teeth, and I find I don’t have to pee often even drinking more throughout the day. Probably doing some good for metabolism.

-Luke-

Do tell - what do you mean by you can't tolerate it?

Does it fizz when you mix it in? It's not sounding too appetizing for me. Baking soda tastes horrendous.
It's a fine line. I sometimes used a little bit of baking soda in black coffee, just enough to neutralize the acidity a little bit (maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon). It tasted better to me than without. But too much and it starts to taste awful.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

It's a fine line. I sometimes used a little bit of baking soda in black coffee, just enough to neutralize the acidity a little bit (maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon). It tasted better to me than without. But too much and it starts to taste awful.
This

Explorer

Found this topic searching about this combo due to having bought baking soda recently but realized that since I have coffee too, instead of putting baking soda in warm water as I did before, I could combine them so wondering if it's a good combo in terms of the metabolic effects as both baking soda and coffee upregulate oxidative/metabolism and CO2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals