Peat interpretation, Cancer, Bodybuilding, diet

phobologe

Hello,

I'm 28 years old and live in Germany. So please excuse my English.

Here's a short record of my life until now:

Born in 1987 I grew up as a fat and later obese child/ young man. When 19 years old I was diagnosed with cutaneous t-cell lymphoma (CTCL). That's a type of cancer of the lymphatic glands, which starts at mutated cells in the skin. As soon as the cancer has infiltrated the bone marrow and lymph nodes themselves, theres no cure except an allogene bone marrow transplantation. But that does more damage to the body than the cancer itself. After an odyssey of differend treatment attempts, now I am without cancer medication. As the CTCL alsmost stands still in it's progress, the absence of medication is no problem. Doesn't matter anyway - there are worse things in life than that.
After that 'diagnose-shock' I lost about 40kg (88lb) within 3 months with the aim of being healthy. Unfortunately with eating crap.
Since then I always hat a variation of my body weight within the range of 85kg (187lb) to 105kg (231lb).
Then, in 2010, I started some light weight lifting in a gym with the aim of losing body weight. Weight lifting soon started to be my big love and gave me satisfaction. Concomitant to that I gained knowledge in the domaind of nutrition. From there I went through a journey of zero-carb, low-carb, high carb, and so on ... Always combined with bulking and dieting periods. The last 2 years I lived without gluten, fructose and dairy.

Both my weight training experience and my knowledge in nutrition have improved since 2010 and now I'm giving the ideas of ray peat a try. Unfortunately I'm not able to digest casein proberly. That means there won't be dairy in my nutrition. Because of that the topic is called 'peat interpretation' als it is not fully peaty. :D

At September I started a weight loss diet, that was partly peaty (too much starch and wrong mirconutrient-balance) and went from 107,5kg (237lb) to 92,5kg (204lb) last week. This saturdy I decided to eat as much fruit, OJ and honey as my hunger commanded me and went up to 99,1kg (218lb) until thursday. So I gained about 7kg (15lb) in 5 days and looked like the michelin man. Because of that I went back to my diet calories with a slightly improved fat loss plan.

That's my current plan of supplements and diet (I will try to add all quantitiy specifications in US-units, als far as I know them):

700ml (25oz) orange juice throughout the day, mixed with: 5g (1tsp) NaCL/ salt, 10g (2tsp) NaHCO3/ baking soda, 1200mg magnesium citrate, 3000mg calcium carbonate, 5g taurin,~2g aspirin, vitamin b100 complex (everythin around 100mg or mcg - depends on magnitude), multivitamin matching 4000kcal, small piece of ginger

~2-4 cans of normal coffee throughout the day

breakfast:
5g BCAAs
3g creatine ethyl esther
2 cups of coffee
300ml (11oz) orange juice
1 raw carrot

lunch:
~405g of grilled turkey breast or other grilled lean meat with plenty of NaCl/ salt
~100g beef liver with plenty of NaCl/ salt
~473kcal of fruit with 4g of NaCl/ salt and a small piece of ginger (more often than not half of the calories provided by fresh oranges and the other half by frozen tropical fruit mix --> fruit sorbet)
27g collagen hydrolisat peptide
600mg alphatocopherolacetate
200mcg vitamin k2
600mg calciumcarbonat

evening meal:
same als lunch

workout nutrition (3 times/ weak):
intra: 10g BCAAs, 10g l-glutamine, 5g creatine ethyl esther, 371ml orange juice, 2g NaCl/ salt, 3g NaHCO3/ baking soda
post: 3g BCAAs, 50g whey isolate, 6g collagen hydrolisate peptide, 39g honey, 2g NaCl/ salt

Consumed macronutrients according to cronometer:
daily nutrition: 2907 kcal - 357g carbs (262g sugar), 319g protein, 27g fats (6,8 saturated, 1,4g n3, 4,4 n6) - ~18g salt + 10g baking soda
workout: 572 kcal - 62g carbs, 1g fats, 75,1g protein - 4g salt + 3g baking soda
Phosphorus, magnesium and calcium should be in balance. Calcium supplementiation is quite heavy because of the high meat conspumption and the missing milk.

Other supplementation:
1g aspirin after getting up
50mcg t3 liothyronine divided into 4 parts (12,5mcg every 6 hours) per day
1000mg sustanon (testosterone mix) per week
400mg deca duraboline (nandrolone decanoate) per week
12,5mg aromasin (exemestane) every day

Training routine:
monday: chest, shoulder, triceps
thursday: back, biceps
saturday: legs, biceps (=weak spot)
each 70-90 minutes - depending on current plan (periodization over the year)

~95kg (209lb), 182cm (5,97ft), body fat: I don't know - It is ok, but I am decreasing it at the moment,

My current aim ist to lose more body fat. At the moment with those mean 3152 kcal I am loosing about 433g of fat per week. I'm not convinced of reducing calories when a plateau in fat loss occurs because in long term everything gets worse (more cortisol/ catabolism and decreasing metabolic rate), but I prefer to take a short diet break in form of a reload, refeed or eating isocaloric for a few days.

So, this is my story and how I found my interpretation of Ray Peat's ideas. I would be very thankful for any kind of help and recommendation concerning the things written in my post. :D

YuraCZ

400g of meat + 100g of beef liver every day in one meal? 1g of test and deca really? I'm also ex gym rat and steroid user. But this is forum about health and this is FAR from healthy regime...

Agent207

YuraCZ said:
post 110483 400g of meat + 100g of beef liver every day in one meal? 1g of test and deca really? I'm also ex gym rat and steroid user. But this is forum about health and this is FAR from healthy regime...

I think its 1kg. meat/day, since he stated that for evening eats the same as for lunch.

It would be important to know BF. That diet I understand is temporary and I know with that amount of AAS you will assimilate better that amount of protein. But thats not sustainable and being "on-off" on the long term its a ticket to more health issues.

The mayor issues on your approach with respect Peats philosophy is the idea to loose a big amount of fat that fast, which is very anti-metabolic; and the outrageous amount of methonine and cysteine from meat. This is not peat at all and I dont think you are actually looking much for Peat advise, as for bodybuilding criteria advise. And for that goal I guess theres forums much better educated than this one, aka more helpful for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

phobologe

Thankyou for your answers.

I understand, that the main problem of my diet is the balance of the amino acids. As I have severe trouble with digesting casein (morphin-like-symptoms) I don't know how to balance out the amino acids.

Do you know how to fix this?

Do you think 433g of fat loss per week is too much? I reduced the caloric deficit after I had lost 950g in the first weeks.

Thankyou

YuraCZ

phobologe said:
post 110491 Thankyou for your answers.

I understand, that the main problem of my diet is the balance of the amino acids. As I have severe trouble with digesting casein (morphin-like-symptoms) I don't know how to balance out the amino acids.

Do you know how to fix this?

Do you think 433g of fat loss per week is too much? I reduced the caloric deficit after I had lost 950g in the first weeks.

Thankyou
No... As a bodybuilder you need constant amino acids in the bloodstream. So small and frequent meals... So meal every 3 hours. For one meal around 40g of protein. which is 200g of meat. Also too much meat is not good. You have eggs, whey protein.. 200g of beef liver once a week is more than enough. 100g every day is crazy. It is too much copper... Also why you take so much sustanon? I was 105+kg of muscle on much less than that.. I don't get it. Cancer survivor and you take drugs for what? You never will be high level bodybuilder. So why you hurting yourself.. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

phobologe

Thankyou for your constructive answer, YuraCZ. After the every-3-hours-rule I stopped to read. :lol:

Does anyone have helpful advices for me? For example things I could improve?

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals