Mixing Aspirin + Baking soda

thetaflow

Hi everyone.

I just watched a DR video where he recommends fizzing an aspirin tablet with some baking soda in water, drinking the clear water, and discarding the sediment formed at the bottom.

I've a few questions about this approach:

1) Ingredients of my aspirin is corn starch + aspirin. The white stuff at the bottom must be the corn starch then?

2) How much baking soda to add per each 1 325mg of aspirin tablet?

3) Does the chemical fizzing reaction cause the aspirin to form into something else/lose its efficacy? Has Ray recommended doing this? Wouldn't a chemical reaction have an impact?

4) Is it recommended to take aspirin with food or on empty stomach? Morning, throughout the day, or before bed? Does it have sedative or stimulating effects

5) How much is everyone taking here? What's the minimum dose to notice a difference? I saw studies citing around 6 grams, but started with 1 gram as my first dose.

Thank you!

yerrag

I use 1/4 tsp of baking soda to a liter of water, which is a very safe "alkaline' water that is better than the fake alkaline water from "alkaline water" makers.

This water can be used with the aspirin. It will make the aspirin quickly dissolve. I don't know if the sediment is starch or aspirin though, so I drink the entire thing. I've never used aspirin powder before (though I recently bought some but haven't used it yet) so I haven't verified if the sediment is indeed starch. Perhaps someone else here has done it, so he can comment on that.

I take aspirin after meals, and I've taken it without, and both works out okay for me. But when I took copper aspirinate with an empty stomach, I had diarrhea.

Aspirin dosage and tolerance varies by individuals. I would take the 325mg tablet once a day as an anti-inflammatory but I don't notice anything so I stopped taking it, but keep it handy. Others may use it for headaches. And most here I think consider it helpful for inhibiting lipolysis, to keep fatty acids from interfering with gluose metabolism.

There are many other uses for it, and many kinds of reactions to it, so you'll have to figure out what works best for you. Some have to take 1/4 of the tablet only or feel some effects. With higher dosages, you have to be sure you know the gotcha's, and if you already know, it's still better to slowly work your way up.

Oleg

I use aspirin powder. It’s better to dissolve it in hot water fist and then add baking soda. The reaction produces sodium ascorbate and CO2 as a gas. To completely buffer aspirin you need about double volume of baking soda to one volume of aspirin. I usually use less soda. It’s not that important, unless you want to neutralize acidity completely. Sodium ascorbate almost as potent as regular aspirin. I usually take about 300mg of aspirin, one time a day.

yerrag

I use aspirin powder. It’s better to dissolve it in hot water fist and then add baking soda. The reaction produces sodium ascorbate and CO2 as a gas. To completely buffer aspirin you need about double volume of baking soda to one volume of aspirin. I usually use less soda. It’s not that important, unless you want to neutralize acidity completely. Sodium ascorbate almost as potent as regular aspirin. I usually take about 300mg of aspirin, one time a day.
You got mixed up Oleg haha. Where did the ascorbate come from when there is no ascorbic acid involved.

LA

@thetaflow

I usually take 2 Bayer Aspirin tablets at night along with 1 cup of Organic Homogenized Ultra Pasteurized Whole Milk, which has D3 as the only other ingredient. I also take Magnesium of some kind and 1mg capsule or tablet of Melatonin. I have been doing this routine since 1998. It is great for my sleep and I feel good.

Everyone is different and many people have stated that they add baking soda to their drinks, etc.
Take notes on your experiments and decide what is best for you!

Baking soda severely irritates the roof of my mouth if I add it to water or anything else and drink it.
About once or twice a week I brush my teeth with a little baking soda and food grade peroxide and then use a toothpaste. I dont use BS except to clean the bathroom sink as baking soda doesnt harm my hands. I dont have time for Clorox type cleanser on a daily basis

Oleg

You got mixed up Oleg haha. Where did the ascorbate come from when there is no ascorbic acid involved.
Sorry, I did mixed up. I meant to say salicylic acid and sodium salicylate

yerrag

Sorry, I did mixed up. I meant to say salicylic acid and sodium salicylate
So sodium salicylate can be made this way and it still works like aspirin. @FitnessMike would be happy to know this.

Oleg

So sodium salicylate can be made this way and it still works like aspirin. @FitnessMike would be happy to know this.
Yes, absolutely. Still works as aspirin. I saw a study on sodium salicylate and it showed that it is nearly as potent as regular aspirin. Also, I can tell it by my own experience

yerrag

Yes, absolutely. Still works as aspirin. I saw a study on sodium salicylate and it showed that it is nearly as potent as regular aspirin. Also, I can tell it by my own experience
Thanks. That helps those who are concerned about the acidity of aspirin.

Dave Clark

Thanks. That helps those who are concerned about the acidity of aspirin.
Isn't that basically what Alka Seltzer is? They have been making that for about a century, so I guess it must work. Just ask all the hung-over people that used it like candy, lol !

yerrag

Isn't that basically what Alka Seltzer is? They have been making that for about a century, so I guess it must work. Just ask all the hung-over people that used it like candy, lol !
I have never used Alka Seltzer. I just know it fizzles and makes a nice show when I was little, but I don't see it being sold anymore. So you have to forgive me, but is this item still being sold in the US?

yerrag

Yes, the name is as common as Coca Cola, and goes back as far: Alka-Seltzer - Wikipedia
Man, I'm missing out on the fun. I only started using aspirin in RPF, but have never used any NSAIDs. We didn't have them in the home growing up, but my parents never said they're bad either. Just never occurred that we needed them, I guess. But my dad was a big fan of antibiotics. But who wasn't then?

Oleg

That’s tru. Although, it also has citric acid for more vigorous effervescence. An ingredient we can live without

yerrag

That’s tru. Although, it also has citric acid for more vigorous effervescence. An ingredient we can live without
True about the citric acid content.

Runenight201

Am I understanding this correctly, that aspirin + baking soda makes vitamin C?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals