Coffee And Libido

TubZy

I found caffeine pills to work better than coffee from my experience. The effect is cleaner and I feel better from it. I also take it with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Plus don't have to worry about browning your teeth.

BibleBeliever

Caffiene is chemically similar to progesterone, which antagonizes DHT and testosterone. This can mran lower libido for men. Peat has written about progesterone's effects, and how it can make the penis hang small and limp. I would cut back on the caffiene and see if libido improves, as well as taking steps to increase androgens. Do you eat rice or soy? Lowers libido. What kinds of vitamins do you take? Be sure to eat oysters regularly as well.
Progesterone antagonizes DHT and testosterone? Where did do you find this? I was under the impression it increases both and is the precusor to them. Any links on this and its effects on the genitals?

Wagner83

I'm pretty sure higher doses of coffee have a feminizing and maybe increasing libido effect. Lower doses (at least not much at once) seem to be positive without the feminizing effect.

Progesterone antagonizes DHT and testosterone? Where did do you find this? I was under the impression it increases both and is the precusor to them. Any links on this and its effects on the genitals?

Progesterone in higher amounts shrinks the penis and feminizes men.

BibleBeliever

Progesterone in higher amounts shrinks the penis and feminizes men.
Is that just in supplement of progesterone?
Doesn't salt increase progesterone as well as caffeine? I was under the impression only melatonin had this effect, which cherry juice is the worst culprit of.
Basically if you want more testosterone and better muscle gains than lower coffee and anything else that increases progesterone?

I am skeptical, it is probably from supplementation of progesterone that causes that and only with an overload of estrogen. Any sources to read more? I can't find any yet.

Is that just in supplement of progesterone?
Doesn't salt increase progesterone as well as caffeine? I was under the impression only melatonin had this effect, which cherry juice is the worst culprit of.
Basically if you want more testosterone and better muscle gains than lower coffee and anything else that increases progesterone?

I am skeptical, it is probably from supplementation of progesterone that causes that and only with an overload of estrogen. Any sources to read more? I can't find any yet.

Yes supplementation. Coffee and other such things are supportive of testosterone. And it's good for the body to produce enough progesterone. On,y supplementing progesterone in high doses has a feminist group effect.

I drank coffee every morning for months as part of the Steve Richfield temperature reset.

During this time I started developing issues with penile sensitivity, where it became a lot harder to orgasm and a lot less satisfying. My libido was somewhat lower as well.
It got so bad that I was considering TRT, thinking I had post-finasteride syndrome and things like that... Performance with girls started to cause me serious anxiety and I couldn't
even use a condom anymore and even then I could barely do the job and it felt like crap. Well, lo and behold, I decided to drop coffee - 2 days later, those issues are gone.

Finally got sensitivity back down there and orgasming feels almost as good as ever. I still think my libido could be higher but I put that on still sub-optimal thyroid function.

Anyway I think that coffee does this by promoting the excretion of adrenaline and noradrenaline. I believe those are important for erections and stuff working down there because the med clonidine (which nukes catecholamines) has a side effect of erectile dysfunction.

On the negative side I am a bit more anxious and my heart palpitations are stronger.

The 'progesterone' effect is also to be considered as a possible mechanism.

So in the end I would say that, despite the constant positive press covfefe can negatively affect libido and **** performance in some people.

japanesedude

Yes. coffee kills both penis sensitivity and orgasm intensity. but slightly increase libido.
This is probably from increased Progesterone from caffeine.
also If you take supplemental Progesterone or Pregnenolone,the effects are even stronger.

The_xXx

when i first time of life drank coffe i hate crazy errection like hell. My Libido was over the rouf was ****** amazing . Coffe is highly androgenic if you have high T levels it will lower T levels in favours to DHT, which is the king hormones for male. You will get leaner aggresivier fast intelligenter calmer. So stop saying coffe will feminize you thats biggest bullshi.t i ve red.

Frankdee20

YOU EAT OVER 1K CALORIES A DAY IN RICE?? BINGO.

Did you read what I said about rice?
It lower libido. There are studies showing 1-2 servings of rice daily can lower DHT 33%. DHT is THE MOST important hormone when it comes to male sexuality. Eating that much white rice could lower DHT by over 50%, I would reckon. It has natural 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. I never touch the stuff.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 4611002762

What you said about the japanese is funny. Yes they eat rice, but maybe not as much as you'd think. They might have it at 1 or two meals a day. Their primary starches are wheat and potatoes, just cooked differently.

AND japan is known for having a nationwide libido problem. The male population there just isnt interested in sex, comparitively speaking. And it's causing a huge decrease in birthrate, and a female population that is left unsatisfied. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... ef=topnews

good luck!

Wow, I need to move to Japan

serling78

After reading through this entire thread I have come to the following two conclusions.

1. Coffee increases testosterone and can help libido or at the very least has no negative effect on libido.
2. Coffee makes you a woman and shrinks your penis and lowers libido.

Awesome :hungover:

David90

I Think (In my Personal Experience) it increases Libido. But i also drink it at least with 2g of Salt and a good Amonut of Honey/Agave Syrup.

serling78

I Think (In my Personal Experience) it increases Libido. But i also drink it at least with 2g of Salt and a good Amonut of Honey/Agave Syrup.

2 grams of salt per cup of coffee? That sounds extreme. How does it taste?