Anyone Had Health Improvements From Reducing Caffeine Intake?

It could be. I find it diminishes lateral thought and gives you this tunnel-vision that makes you happy to just perform repetitive tasks...

This is exactly how I came to feel about weed after 5 years of on/off smoking.

Why are you guys trying to generalize coffee? It is clearly good for some and bad for others and situation dependent

If your parasympathetic nervous system is underactive its good for you if your metabolism can sustain it.

Balanced approach. Never thought about the parasympathetic nervous system with regard to coffee. Are you saying you think it increases the activity of the parasympathetic or the sympathetic nervous system?

However if your liver is good, then I would probably keep drinking coffee, because it can actually help keep the liver lean.

I agree that it's a liver thing... But yet liver things are adrenal things. Once a person fixes up these two organs, coffee should be a benefit provided that adequate nutrition is on board to account for the increased metabolic effect of coffee.

I think there's a working threshold for all foods which determine whether we gather benefit from them or not. If the digestive system isn't at that threshold, it will cause a stress response.

For instance raw leafy vegetables or raw nuts can seemingly provide a lot of good for people with great digestive health... But on the reverse, those things are a disaster for compromised individuals.

Yes, under-eating + caffeine can be a dangerous game. And all too easy to fall into that trap while trying to eat like RP.

True. The only way I've found to consistently and reliably avoid this is to drink a lot of 2% milk.

It takes roughly a 10 day wash off period.
Reminds me of Ben Greenfield talking about this, doing ten days on, twenty days off in order to allow the adenosine receptors to reset in the brain.

But based on the same research he was citing, he went on to say that only 100mg of caffeine (i.e. one cup of coffee) is beneficial in preventing neurological decline.

Based on real-world experience though, I find these points to be preposterous considered how many 80-90 year old people I've come across who drink 10-12 cups a day and are still very much mentally with it and able to work usual jobs.

T

TheBeard

This is exactly how I came to feel about weed after 5 years of on/off smoking.

Balanced approach. Never thought about the parasympathetic nervous system with regard to coffee. Are you saying you think it increases the activity of the parasympathetic or the sympathetic nervous system?

I agree that it's a liver thing... But yet liver things are adrenal things. Once a person fixes up these two organs, coffee should be a benefit provided that adequate nutrition is on board to account for the increased metabolic effect of coffee.

I think there's a working threshold for all foods which determine whether we gather benefit from them or not. If the digestive system isn't at that threshold, it will cause a stress response.

For instance raw leafy vegetables or raw nuts can seemingly provide a lot of good for people with great digestive health... But on the reverse, those things are a disaster for compromised individuals.

True. The only way I've found to consistently and reliably avoid this is to drink a lot of 2% milk.

Reminds me of Ben Greenfield talking about this, doing ten days on, twenty days off in order to allow the adenosine receptors to reset in the brain.

But based on the same research he was citing, he went on to say that only 100mg of caffeine (i.e. one cup of coffee) is beneficial in preventing neurological decline.

Based on real-world experience though, I find these points to be preposterous considered how many 80-90 year old people I've come across who drink 10-12 cups a day and are still very much mentally with it and able to work usual jobs.

I am having a hard time believing I could make it to 90 considering how exhausted 5 cups of coffee make me the next morning.

Collden

Resisentizing yourself to caffeine is not an intra day process.
It takes roughly a 10 day wash off period.
I don't think you have to be 100% resensitised, as long as you wake up feeling refreshed and get a noticeable buzz from the first cup of the day you're good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals