Clint Eastwood

encerent

It looks pretty Peaty :cigar:
He eats low fat, high protein, high carb.
In case you’re wondering he’s 89 years old!
Clint Eastwood – the Ambassador of Fitness (Scott Hays, 1991)

That's quite a stretch to say his diet is peaty:

Eastwood maintains a low-fat, high protein diet. He also pays close attention to his cholesterol levels (his father, a meat and potatoes man, died at an early age of cardiovascular disease). He consults with a nutritionist, but generally sticks to the following diet:

• Fish (his main source of protein)
  • Pasta
  • Fruits and vegetable
  • No dairy products (he hasn’t had an egg in years)
  • No red meat (except for the occasional Dirty Harry burger at his restaurant, the Hog’s Breath Inn in Carmel.
  • Protein supplements
  • Aminos acids
  • Vitamin supplements and antioxidants

tankasnowgod

OP
Alex Jaramillo
That's quite a stretch to say his diet is peaty:

Eastwood maintains a low-fat, high protein diet. He also pays close attention to his cholesterol levels (his father, a meat and potatoes man, died at an early age of cardiovascular disease). He consults with a nutritionist, but generally sticks to the following diet:

• Fish (his main source of protein)
  • Pasta
  • Fruits and vegetable
  • No dairy products (he hasn’t had an egg in years)
  • No red meat (except for the occasional Dirty Harry burger at his restaurant, the Hog’s Breath Inn in Carmel.
  • Protein supplements
  • Aminos acids
  • Vitamin supplements and antioxidants
It’s tough to conclude exactly what he eats but as an actor and director most of his work I have enjoyed. Dirty Harry, 15:17 to Paris, The good the bad and the ugly, fistful of dollars, Gran Torino, million dollar baby, American sniper, in the line of fire, American sniper and I’m sure there’s a bunch more that I haven’t seen.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
It's a shame that that website took it's name from Bernarr MacFadden's magazine "Physical Culture," published for over 40 years in the early 20th Century, and can't even be bothered to mention his name. Especially a name like BERNARR MACFADDEN.
I didn’t even notice that! 10/10 awareness levels my friend

Lilac

Back in the 1980s, Merv Griffin (talk-show host) gave a lot of publicity to Durk Pearson (Ph.D.) and his Life Extension ideas. Clint, a friend of Merv's, took up those ideas. In the book Life Extension, Eastwood was written about as an anonymous celebrity using the principals. His identity was revealed some time later.

From a Peat perspective, Pearson was right on some things, wrong on others. But Life Extension was where I started my journey of alternative health. I assume Clint Eastwood also kept evolving.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Back in the 1980s, Merv Griffin (talk-show host) gave a lot of publicity to Durk Pearson (Ph.D.) and his Life Extension ideas. Clint, a friend of Merv's, took up those ideas. In the book Life Extension, Eastwood was written about as an anonymous celebrity using the principals. His identity was revealed some time later.

From a Peat perspective, Pearson was right on some things, wrong on others. But Life Extension was where I started my journey of alternative health. I assume Clint Eastwood also kept evolving.
I mean he looks pretty old now but he is 89 years old and still doing what he loves directing/acting which is pretty damn good if you ask me. I think many people born in his time Clint Eastwood in 1930 and Raymond Peat 1936 naturally just grew up eating a healthier diet and lived a more active lifestyle so that could play a role. Not to mention he kept his mind/body active which seems to be over complicated in today’s day and age. My grandpa Luis Jaramillo who is not my blood because I was adopted from foster care has almost entirely jet black hair still is mostly conscious and very flirtatious and he is of Colombian descent so you have an example of 2 caucasians Clint and Ray such as my self and 1 Hispanic man (my grandpa). I think they are/were much healthier then the men of today. Just my opinion of course not to say that we can’t change our health but they did grow up in a much different time. Not to say there was no negative health consequences of living through that era but I would say they generally tend to be healthier then say millennials in a broad sense.

Last edited:

nbznj

Beside the protein supplementing scam, which I can’t blame him for being a prey of, his diet is pretty much on point.

Anyone here heard of Betty White?

Look her up -- she is nearly 100: possibly one of the oldest Hollywood-tier mega celebrities to date. She eats hot dogs, French fries and drinks a lot -- but that is vague and every little thing and quality of food she eats is not known.

She has never had any heart issues or other major illnesses people her age are bound to (cancer, diabetes, etc.).

She is low stress though clearly, but I wouldn't rule out a solely "bad" diet just because she mentions eating some junk.

Either way she is pretty healthy and going on 100 -- in fact I am sure she'll likely exceed 100.

Age wise she is on the next caliber beyond folks like Eastwood or Peat and still sharp despite not being likely aware of diet principles to the extent we study here, whether she eats very well or not.

Nice to see these very much older people still living well with no physical restraints, disabilities, handicaps or etc. -- gives hope and insight of the time when aging and decay will be a thing of the past, other than chronologically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals