When Dietary Fat Intake Falls Below 10% Of Total Daily Calories, You’ll Still Gain Fat

baccheion

This is the problem with raypeatforum. You lose the forest for a spec of dirt.
The people with the best insulin sensitivity are those who are lean, muscular and physically active.
Not the people who are obsessing about b5 to b1 ratios.
Many things go into it. That's one. There's also magnesium, melatonin, vitamin D, chromium, DHEA, etc.

PaRa

And how would more glycogen be in any way a bad thing?

I didn’t say it’s bad
I said that it’s just glycogen retention that appear as lean mass and not « you put more on muscle muscle (ie muscle growth) without training with aas compared to training natty»

opson123

Short answer: Yes because you don't really have other options anymore.

Long answer:
Study's proof dat high fat intake make insulin sensitivity worse so decreasing this slowly would be my first approach, whether i was fat or lean.
Of someone is already lean than burning more body-fat to on healthy body fat levels makes no sense.
So yess if someone still eating a high fat diet but is already lean, then slowly replace fats for carbs and eat at maintenance calories. (or a little more if you want a good recovery from sports, heavy labor work or from other stressful situations)

Exercising or doing something physical every day is also great thing to improve it.
I guess if a person is lean but still have a bad insulin sensitivity than big change his activity level is low and he is sitting all day behind a desk or something.

Just try and see what happens.
Thanks. Yeah, the bolded part describes me pretty well.

tankasnowgod

I didn’t say it’s bad
I said that it’s just glycogen retention that appear as lean mass and not « you put more on muscle muscle (ie muscle growth) without training with aas compared to training natty»

Again, this study suggests otherwise-

The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on muscle size and strength in normal men - PubMed

If you have a study that proves hormonal environment does nothing for muscle growth without training, or that steroids can't produce more muscle without training, please post it. Otherwise, I assume you're basing your opinion on nothing.

Jessie

The best way to improve insulin sensitivity is to loose excess fat and gain muscle.
I don't disagree, I just thought this was inferred by default. The more bodyfat one has the higher their estrogen and cortisol is. The easiest and most efficent way to antagonize estrogen is to simply lose bodyfat. However I do stress the point of bodyfat. Just simply "losing weight" is no guarantee that it's mostly bodyfat you're losing. And in the case with low carb diets, this is
even more questionable.

A high carb, moderate protein, low fat diet may be slower at reducing weight, but it's protein sparring and won't trigger excessive lypolisis. Most of the weight you lose is by T3 burning fat inside the adipocytes to create heat, and there is still also a minimal amount of lypolisis due to the heart and muscles burning fat for fuel. Unless your metabolism is really really fast, this method of weight loss is naturally going to be slower than the excessive lypolisis of ketosis. But at least you'd be preserving your muscles, organs, and glands from all that stress.

Ketosis can very easily end up resulting in "skinny fat" if a person is not careful. If you like the idea of ramping up FAO for quick weight loss, then go for it, but you should ideally kill the stress cycle ASAP. But personally, coming from a standpoint of overall health, I wouldn't recommend it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals