high liver enzymes, estrogen,

Good news on my blood test and some questions.

I'm male, in my 50s, maybe 10 pounds overweight, on no prescription medication at all. I was on a high fat diet for a long time, and paleo, low carb, etc. I've had cracked heels and these awful headaches for several years pretty bad although they started 15 years ago when I was doing low carb/paleo (hmmm, do you think this resulted in this problem?)

So lab results:
My CRP .53. I'd like it to be zero but that isn't terrible.

Triglycerides were 184. Much higher than I expected. Is is all this sugar maybe?

Estrone 84 --- I will start progesterone. This shouldn't be this high.
T is 883.
Seems like there may be aromatizing going on here...

Now for thyroid:
TSH was 1.9
Free T4 1.1
Free T3 3.3

I am consistently getting temps in the morning in the low 97 range and feeling VERY cold. So and I'm starting on T3. I have cracked heels and was getting frequent headaches until starting Peating, and now my headaches went away. They were VERY VERY BAD and this is a miracle. Today after I started the T3, I got a headache. I am not sure why.

Now my liver enzymes:
AST (SGOT) 45 high, reference level0-40 IU/L
ALT (SGPT) 89, reference level 0-44

Questions:
1. I"ve been taking D3 and K2 (MK7), about 200mcg/D. Should I increase this?
2. I've recently begun increasing caffeine intake. Should I aim to increase it and high levels of K2 to raise liver function?
3. What about taking silymarin for liver help?

Thanks for any insights

sweetpeat

ecstatichamster said:
bump -- anyone -- Buehler?
:lol:

I'm also in my 50's and my levels were higher than yours, but they are all mostly in the normal range now. Here is my post on what I did: https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=6598&p=79595&hilit=liver#p79595

I never used silymarin, so I can't comment on that. Some people say it's estrogenic. Since estrogen is an issue for you, you might want to focus on other things that help the liver instead.

Since you're already taking K2 and caffeine, I'd say it's up to you on whether to increase them. Increasing them might bring the enzymes down faster, but they're really not that far out of range. If you're increasing both thyroid and caffeine at the same time, that could def cause headaches or other stress if you're not careful to keep up with your nutrition.

Your thyroid labs aren't really that bad at this point, in my opinion. The high estrogen could be what's limiting your own thyroid. In addition to the progesterone, many people find the carrot salad to be helpful for flushing out estrogen.

I think your triglycerides will come down as you work on liver, thyroid, and estrogen. Mine did, anyway. Maybe re-evaluate everything in a few months?

OP
ecstatichamster
sweetpeat said:
post 114609
ecstatichamster said:
bump -- anyone -- Buehler?
:lol:

I'm also in my 50's and my levels were higher than yours, but they are all mostly in the normal range now. Here is my post on what I did: https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=6598&p=79595&hilit=liver#p79595

I never used silymarin, so I can't comment on that. Some people say it's estrogenic. Since estrogen is an issue for you, you might want to focus on other things that help the liver instead.

Since you're already taking K2 and caffeine, I'd say it's up to you on whether to increase them. Increasing them might bring the enzymes down faster, but they're really not that far out of range. If you're increasing both thyroid and caffeine at the same time, that could def cause headaches or other stress if you're not careful to keep up with your nutrition.

Your thyroid labs aren't really that bad at this point, in my opinion. The high estrogen could be what's limiting your own thyroid. In addition to the progesterone, many people find the carrot salad to be helpful for flushing out estrogen.

I think your triglycerides will come down as you work on liver, thyroid, and estrogen. Mine did, anyway. Maybe re-evaluate everything in a few months?

Thanks, that thread is very helpful. Interestingly, my other liver test:
GGT 16 0-65

so, it isn't high at all. It is possible that since I've been taking 650mg of aspirin each day, it could have affected the other enzymes.

But I do have some abdominal fat and feel challenged somehow, just not great, and have aches and feel weird and so I will stick to this regimen.

I was taking MK7 200mcg of K2, which comes from natto and is long acting, but switching back to MK4 and will take 15 - 30mg per day for awhile when it arrives. Not sure the MK7 was doing me any good in those dosages.

I think my kidneys are struggling a little too.

I just feel really crummy now. I stopped supplements today, just took aspirin (to feel better really), and the collagen (seems to be okay with me), and started carrot salad daily, and taking NDT. Hopefully I will begin feeling better. I felt great for the first few weeks of Peating but now don't feel good.

Last edited by a moderator:

RealNeat

Did you ever get your liver enzymes and such lower?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals