What would you do if you had a fatty liver?

Connor888

I started taking D3+K2 since my D3 was low. I was diagnosed with fatty liver by ULTRASOUND at the very start of this year. Previous blood work showed only 1 raised liver enzyme (I think it was ALT) but I'll try and see if I still have those liver tests somewhere in case I am wrong. But I know only one enzyme was raised for sure.
My triglycerides were slightly high. I think the limit was 30 and I had 32. I've added some other bloodwork but they arent liver specific

Besides supplementing D3, and avoiding vegetable oils, i'm really not sure what else might help. What do you guys think?
Unfortunately i'm not in a place where i can get extensive tests done right now otherwise i would

Oh, i should probably add. I eat around 15% fat everyday, i think. I was eating a SAD for awhile leading up to the test because of a VERY long stay in hospital, and even before hospital i ate pretty bad due to some depression, which i feel is better now 😊
Edit: it's non alcoholic fatty liver, felt like i should clarify. I have never really drank before.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 102

Jennifer

Hypothyroidism can cause fatty liver and you have a high TSH

This.

I had liver “sludge” diagnosed via an ultrasound while following a low-protein, fruit-based diet and it resolved within a few months of greatly increasing my protein intake and supplementing thyroid.

Limon9

Your TSH is high, and it doesn't hurt to have considerable choline intake (2-4 eggs for example) to support VLDL synthesis and subsequent fat export from the liver.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

This.

I had liver “sludge” diagnosed via an ultrasound while following a low-protein, fruit-based diet and it resolved within a few months of greatly increasing my protein intake and supplementing thyroid.
How much fat & protein were you eating when you resolved it? I've tried making ultra low fat work recently with moderate protein but i just feel hungry all the time despite eating close to 3k calories some days.

Jennifer

How much fat & protein were you eating when you resolved it? I've tried making ultra low fat work recently with moderate protein but i just feel hungry all the time despite eating close to 3k calories some days.

I started out averaging under 10% fat and 25% protein until my gallbladder attacks resolved and then I increased my fat to around 20% because like you, I’m not satiated on an ultra low fat diet, even when averaging upwards of 3k calories.

D

Doer

First step would definitely be to stop any type of Vit D supplementation

FitnessMike

lower your calories, lower your fat intake, eat few eggs daily for the choline, and most of all learn how to boost your metabolism

burtlancast

Avoid glyphosate: that's the cause of your NAFLD

Nik665

I started taking D3+K2 since my D3 was low. I was diagnosed with fatty liver by ULTRASOUND at the very start of this year. Previous blood work showed only 1 raised liver enzyme (I think it was ALT) but I'll try and see if I still have those liver tests somewhere in case I am wrong. But I know only one enzyme was raised for sure.
My triglycerides were slightly high. I think the limit was 30 and I had 32. I've added some other bloodwork but they arent liver specific

Besides supplementing D3, and avoiding vegetable oils, i'm really not sure what else might help. What do you guys think?
Unfortunately i'm not in a place where i can get extensive tests done right now otherwise i would

Oh, i should probably add. I eat around 15% fat everyday, i think. I was eating a SAD for awhile leading up to the test because of a VERY long stay in hospital, and even before hospital i ate pretty bad due to some depression, which i feel is better now 😊
Edit: it's non alcoholic fatty liver, felt like i should clarify. I have never really drank before.

Ray peat says fiber and a lot of fruit. YouTube ray peat clips ray peat on liver health and how to improve

Nik665

Ray peat clips YouTube fatty liver and preventing it by vitamin d and calcium he says

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Not right now, thank you for the link though. I might have to start drinking it again!

Ray peat clips YouTube fatty liver and preventing it by vitamin d and calcium he says
Ray peat says fiber and a lot of fruit. YouTube ray peat clips ray peat on liver health and how to improve
Thanks for the tips! I think I get enough calcium already and I eat lots of fiber too. I hope the D3 helps.

aniciete

If you have a fatty liver caused by your hypothyroidism (very high tsh), oral vitamin d won’t raise your levels. You need to get your liver moving so you can process fat soluble vitamins again. I wouldn’t be surprised if your blood retinol was elevated too.

youngsinatra

Above all, thyroid. Hypothyroidism impairs bile flow, which needs to be running smoothly to fix fatty liver. (and in fact most other liver issues)

Aby_2021

I believe TUDCA should be quite useful.

@Hans and @Lokzo have written about TUDCA quite extensively, so perhaps go through some of their posts. Also check out this study.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals