Blood laps done - would like some analysis

theoogabear

Hey guys,

I got lab work done and I don't really know what any of it means in much detail at all. I will post the things the test flagged and follow up with some context:

Anion gap: 7 mEq/L
Creatinine 1.27 mg/dL
AST 43 U/L
ALT 91 U/L
Billirubin Total 1.1 mg/dL
eGFR (CKD-EPI) 78 mL/min
Cholesterol 216 mg/dL
Triglyceride 181 mg/dL
HDL 28 mg/dL
LDL-CAL 152 mg/DL
Free T3 - 2.92 pg/mL (added for context)
TSH 1.055 uIU/mL (added for context)
Prolactin 11.03 ng/mL (added for context)
Absolute Lymphocytes 3.63 K/uL

For the creatinine, I take a daily dose of 5mg of creatine, which I believe inflated the number of creatinine. With regards to the Free-T3 and TSH, I supplement cynomel. I stopped using it a week before I got labs done, I don't know if it were long enough to not affect the results. I added the prolactin in, because, though it didn't flag the lab as low or high, isn't that considered pretty high in these circles?

For more context: I got diagnosed with NAFLD back in September, which I sort of figured all ready. I've been feeling funny for years with regards to my health, specifically my liver. While on a deployment to AFRICOM in 2018 I began to feel my liver throb, which was alarming--and I got it checked and my labs came back normal. The following year, in 2019, I got jaundice and checked into an ER, but my bilirubin didn't flag the labs. I have a testosterone panel coming, and I truly don't know what it will say. I can put on muscle mass no problem, I love lifting weight in the gym, my mood is pretty stable, I like my life, and I have children.

Now, what do these scores point to? I checked online and learned the way my cholesterol and fats read, I probably have hypothyroidism. Which makes a bit of sense, my eyes are always dark, I've lost a lot of hair, and losing weight isn't the easiest thing in the world for me.

What do you guys think?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

I got lab work done and I don't really know what any of it means in much detail at all. I will post the things the test flagged and follow up with some context:

Anion gap: 7 mEq/L
Creatinine 1.27 mg/dL
AST 43 U/L
ALT 91 U/L
Billirubin Total 1.1 mg/dL
eGFR (CKD-EPI) 78 mL/min
Cholesterol 216 mg/dL
Triglyceride 181 mg/dL
HDL 28 mg/dL
LDL-CAL 152 mg/DL
Free T3 - 2.92 pg/mL (added for context)
TSH 1.055 uIU/mL (added for context)
Prolactin 11.03 ng/mL (added for context)
Absolute Lymphocytes 3.63 K/uL

For the creatinine, I take a daily dose of 5mg of creatine, which I believe inflated the number of creatinine. With regards to the Free-T3 and TSH, I supplement cynomel. I stopped using it a week before I got labs done, I don't know if it were long enough to not affect the results. I added the prolactin in, because, though it didn't flag the lab as low or high, isn't that considered pretty high in these circles?

For more context: I got diagnosed with NAFLD back in September, which I sort of figured all ready. I've been feeling funny for years with regards to my health, specifically my liver. While on a deployment to AFRICOM in 2018 I began to feel my liver throb, which was alarming--and I got it checked and my labs came back normal. The following year, in 2019, I got jaundice and checked into an ER, but my bilirubin didn't flag the labs. I have a testosterone panel coming, and I truly don't know what it will say. I can put on muscle mass no problem, I love lifting weight in the gym, my mood is pretty stable, I like my life, and I have children.

Now, what do these scores point to? I checked online and learned the way my cholesterol and fats read, I probably have hypothyroidism. Which makes a bit of sense, my eyes are always dark, I've lost a lot of hair, and losing weight isn't the easiest thing in the world for me.

What do you guys think?
A lot of markers are a bit off, but not too alarming. ALT definitely elevated. Based on your symptoms, I'd say you might be lacking various vitamins and minerals and you might have low grade inflammation going on. Very often elevated liver enzymes, dark circles around the eyes, hair loss, struggling to lose weight, etc, are due to gut issues and subsequent nutrition deficiencies.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

A lot of markers are a bit off, but not too alarming. ALT definitely elevated. Based on your symptoms, I'd say you might be lacking various vitamins and minerals and you might have low grade inflammation going on. Very often elevated liver enzymes, dark circles around the eyes, hair loss, struggling to lose weight, etc, are due to gut issues and subsequent nutrition deficiencies.
Hey, thanks Hans. I appreciate the input.

How do I narrow down what the gut issue might be? My tongue is pink, I don’t have much bloat—depending on what I eat.

For vitamins and minerals, how do I figure out which? I eat oysters weekly, sometimes twice a week, and try to stick to a solid diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals