My Blood Test Seems Ok, Except One Thing

Ficini

Hey!
After 7 years of veganism (mostly raw) and 6 months of experimenting with animal foods, I went on a Ray Peat inspired diet for 5 months (fruits, milk, cheese, oxtail, eggs, coffee, liver, oysters, raw carrot, antibiotics, thyroid, pregnenolone, progesterone).
My resting pulse went from 44 to 64 and temperature from 35.4C to 36.5C.
Today I did my blood tests.
Here are some numbers:

Prolactin 7.87 ng/mL
Total Cholesterol 123 ng/dL
Reactive C Protein 0.4 mg/dL
Triglycerides 87 mg/dL
TSH 0.1386 µUI/mL
Albumin 4.3 g/dL
CO2 29 mmol/L
PO4 3.5 mg/dL
Calcium 9.7 mg/dL
Alkaline Phosphatase 80 U/L
Serum Iron 62 µg/dL

What I don't like are the Eusinophils 13.6% of leucocytes, 1220/mm3.
This means there is some sort of inflammation or foreign substance in my body. Maybe a reaction to milk, or to antibiotics?

Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

I am 44 years old, 12% bodyfat

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Hey!
After 7 years of veganism (mostly raw) and 6 months of experimenting with animal foods, I went on a Ray Peat inspired diet for 5 months (fruits, milk, cheese, oxtail, eggs, coffee, liver, oysters, raw carrot, antibiotics, thyroid, pregnenolone, progesterone).
Here are some numbers:

Prolactin 7.87 ng/mL
Triglycerides 87 mg/dL
TSH 0.1386 µUI/mL
Albumin 4.3 g/dL
CO2 29 mmol/L
PO4 3.5 mg/dL
Calcium 9.7 mg/dL
Serum Iron 62 µg/dL

This means there is some sort of inflammation or foreign substance in my body. Maybe a reaction to milk, or to antibiotics?

I wish I could help you but I have the same issue. Everything is great, cholesterol, thyroid, sugar, but my eosinophils have been slightly elevated for a year...

LUH 3417

I recently emailed RP about it and he told me hypothyroid people have elevated eosinophils.

Hey!
Here are some numbers:

Prolactin 7.87 ng/mL
Triglycerides 87 mg/dL
TSH 0.1386 µUI/mL
Albumin 4.3 g/dL
CO2 29 mmol/L
PO4 3.5 mg/dL
Calcium 9.7 mg/dL
Serum Iron 62 µg/dL

I think it was this was one of the metrics that were showing sky- high in my blood tests when I was a child. I was very hypothyroid back then.

Do you have lots of allergies? Runny nose? Rashes? Maybe it's the milk, I get a rash when I eat any type of dairy( that I've tried).

OP
Ficini

Ficini

@raysputin thank you for the info.
I suspect it's a reaction to the many supplements I take. I will take it easy on the supplements, see if eosinophils go down, then experiment from there.

@Rafael Lao Wai Thank you.
I have runny nose sometimes and an ear eczema which comes and goes. It might be dairy, though I can drink milk now with no problems, after antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom