Supplements

Connor888

Hey
So I recently started supplementing TUDCA and NAC for my liver, since I found out I had fatty liver - and from what I heard the latter can deplete the body of either Zinc, copper, or both. So I figured it might be worth looking into those too... But I feel like their absorption might be enhanced if taken alongside other nutrients instead of in insolation, but I'm just not sure where to draw the line, since I cannot afford several hundred or more testing this stuff.

Besides the NAC & TUDCA, I take D3/K2 since I'm deficient. And also a B-Complex. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if a multinutrient would be worth it, in the context of someone who is trying to GET & stay healthy.

I'm not trying to replace food in any capacity. I should probably mention that. All I'm trying to do is replete the nutrients lost due to taking the NAC, and chronic symptoms/stress.

But it's tough to know where to draw the line. Like for example, after buying D3/K2. I heard we need to take vitamin A too at the same time. And if you take a B complex it should also be taken with C and other nutrients. Also Glycine with the copper if you take NAC. And I know something else I take apparently depletes you of magnesium so I ought to look into that too lol.

Anyone have some experience with this stuff? I've never really dabbled that much into supplements, and I feel like I'm in way over my head right now.

GTW

Excess D depletes Mg.
Nutriisa.com NAC ethyl ester form, much higher effectiveness, includes cofactors you mention.

Make it easy on yourself, eat liver + oysters + sunlight. Don't think NAC can stop these powerhouses from working.

Liver pate is the easy way.
Canned oysters (olive oil or water) is the easy way.

Sun light is hard, use weekends free time to stock up (multiple 30 min sessions, rather than a single long session, if you burn easily)

Plug liver + oysters into chronometer and look at micronutrients.

Magnesium = CALM product on Amazon has mag citrate which is most absorbable form, add it to water and sip on it all day, you'll get a drip feed of mag that is better than a huge dose at once imho. (Bowel issues)

This is where I'd draw the line. This hits so many bases with so few 'things' to manage/juggle. It's the most efficient way I've found after testing supps for 10 years.

Last edited:

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Hey
So I recently started supplementing TUDCA and NAC for my liver, since I found out I had fatty liver - and from what I heard the latter can deplete the body of either Zinc, copper, or both. So I figured it might be worth looking into those too... But I feel like their absorption might be enhanced if taken alongside other nutrients instead of in insolation, but I'm just not sure where to draw the line, since I cannot afford several hundred or more testing this stuff.

Besides the NAC & TUDCA, I take D3/K2 since I'm deficient. And also a B-Complex. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if a multinutrient would be worth it, in the context of someone who is trying to GET & stay healthy.

I'm not trying to replace food in any capacity. I should probably mention that. All I'm trying to do is replete the nutrients lost due to taking the NAC, and chronic symptoms/stress.

But it's tough to know where to draw the line. Like for example, after buying D3/K2. I heard we need to take vitamin A too at the same time. And if you take a B complex it should also be taken with C and other nutrients. Also Glycine with the copper if you take NAC. And I know something else I take apparently depletes you of magnesium so I ought to look into that too lol.

Anyone have some experience with this stuff? I've never really dabbled that much into supplements, and I feel like I'm in way over my head right now.
I've been taking NAC almost daily for ~5 years (with the occasional week or two break), sometimes up to 4g per day. Also glycine, a lot of zinc, and a bunch of other stuff. I've done a lot of hair testing and such and cannot report any serious issues or imbalances having occurred. Definitely I am healthier, more detoxed, and my cognitive function is great. I took 60mg of zinc for long periods, up to a year at a time, and it didn't cause copper imbalance (not that I recommend doing this, of course). But I did add a copper supplement at times, mostly intuitively, when dietary copper was low.

Diet wise, plenty of liver, eggs, and meat. So I think if you have your food intake dialed in, the body is good at regulating things. It will excrete or reject some nutrients that are not needed. In my case, I always knew when I needed to take break from the NAC, because when I pooped I would get the sulphury smell.. That was an indication the body was rejecting the NAC at the first point of entry - the gut lumen. I have reduced my NAC intake recently now that I've had my mercury amalgams removed and since discovering the ideas on this forum, but most likely will not completely eliminate it from my program.

If you haven't done much research and experimentation into supplements though, it is best to err on the side of caution. Less can indeed be more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals