Setting Up My PUFA Depletion Diet

jack3d

How low in PUFAs should I go?

About me: I am 16 years old and finishing up a cut- I am into bodybuilding so I prefer to eat a high carb, high protein, low fat diet- which is what brought me here

I am interested in Peat's claims that his diet improves metabolism and I would like to try it to myself

What are the "safe" foods to eat?

So far I have
- White Rice
- Chicken
- Egg Whites
- Broccoli
- Greek Yogurt

any more I can eat? Normally I also eat sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and eggs- are these fine? Eggs have around 1g PUFAs per egg, I'm already at 2g per day...but they also have saturated fat, so I was wondering if that cancels out

Herbie

Might not have much pufa accumulation at your age due to youthful metabolism and time.

Low pufa for life.

X3CyO

Yeah. Fruit, milk, gelatin.
Natural sugar sources.

Id reccomend against processed sugar.

postman

Cook that brocolli for at least 40 minutes to destroy the goitrogens, the same goes for other green vegetables. Only eat breast fillets of the chicken, the other parts have too much PUFA. Turkey breast is even lower in PUFA. Red meat is lower in PUFA. Regular potatoes are fine. Sweet potatoes have way too much beta carotene to be healthy according to Ray. Eggs are quite high in PUFAs, I wouldn't eat more than 1 a day, maximum. Cook with coconut oil and pour some on your food if you are craving fats.

I'd recommend for processed sugar, at least if you don't have access to fresh tree-ripened fruit.

Travis

I agree about avoiding egg yolks, as these are a bit high in linoleic acid. You can also buy whole coconuts, which are kinda fun to crack open and eat. Shredded coconut, as well as cheese, both go great on steamed broccoli.

Cooked egg white is digested and absorbed more quickly than practically any other protein, meaning that you might want to mix those with something (I know I would). Egg whites are very versatile so mixing shouldn't be a problem, and tougher would be putting the yolks down the drain where they belong.

American eggs have between 20–25% linoleic acid, yet analysis of Greek and Tokelauan eggs (settlers had left chickens and pigs on that island) indicate that chickens can produce them having concentrations as low as 4–6%. The lipid concentrations of chickens and their eggs is very diet-dependent, and most American chickens are fed soybeans.

If you are serious about going PUFA-free, avoiding eggs could be the largest letdown. These really versatile and fun to eat, and if you can avoid those than everything else should be easy. No other high-PUFA food, besides almonds in my opinion, is really very good besides.

johnwester130

Shellfish is low fat and a much better option.

Coconut oil,
vitamin e,
niacinamide,
aspirin,

block the effects of PUFA anyway, even if eaten.

MrSmart

Fruits, juices, and Haribos.

Chicken is relatively high in PUFA, especially dark meat.

cyclops

I agree about avoiding egg yolks, as these are a bit high in linoleic acid.

Do you think there is anything in egg yolk that cannot be gotten somewhere else? If egg yolk was a regular part of someone's diet, and now they were going to discontinue eating them, is there any other food you think they should eat, or eat more of, in order to replace?

olive

Do you think there is anything in egg yolk that cannot be gotten somewhere else? If egg yolk was a regular part of someone's diet, and now they were going to discontinue eating them, is there any other food you think they should eat, or eat more of, in order to replace?
Seconding this question.

kayumochi

At your age, the most important thing is what you do not eat - the Standard Amerian Diet.

nwo2012

Liver once a fortnight should provide enough choline and fat soluble vitamins you would be missing from the yolks.

cyclops

Liver once a fortnight should provide enough choline and fat soluble vitamins you would be missing from the yolks.

I wonder why Ray would recommend the eggs at all then since he already recommends that schedule of liver for most people. Or maybe its an either or?

cyclops

What do you think is more problematic in terms of PUFA: Egg Yolk or Oysters? I ask, because along with liver, these are the foods most commonly recommended for nutrients. I think oysters would have a good amount of PUFA in them as well being a seafood and I notice there is usually a good amount of fat in the cans of oysters I get even when they are packed in water. I wouldn't want to avoid egg yolks, in order to avoid PUFA, and then go eat and eat oysters which have even more of it. That wouldn't make much sense lol.

I guess if oysters are quite high in PUFA then you'd need to see if you can find a low PUFA replacement for them as well.

Travis

I don't think so. There are only a few molecules completely unique to certain genera of plants, but all animals foods have mammalian metabolites. Of course there are totally unique proteins in the egg, and dNA specific to the chicken, yet these ought to be completely hydrolyzed in the stomach/intestine into individual amino acids and nucleotides anyway. I think beef and goat cheese are safer, and they should contain everything of significance that can be found in the egg.

johnwester130

Sourdough bread ?? It's a 0 fat food, when cooked in coconut oil it is tasty too.

So

dairy
eggs
shellfish

fruit
gelatin

coconut oil/salt/sugar/coffee can form the basis of the diet. the oil will dilute the pufa out the body too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals