Causes of high Estrogen

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
I’m simply realizing that overall many of the mental, metabolic and sexual issues I have seem to point to estrogen being the primary culprit. I was on a ssri as a teenager and haven’t been the same since. What are the root causes that set off the stress cascade? I know cortisol, serotonin, estrogen and prolactin are all related but what the hell is setting it all off? I’ve tried tackling the serotonin angle. Cyproheptadine has help with pssd and adhedonia but hasn’t fully solved my issues. I gain lots of weight from sugar and caffeine. My liver seems suboptimally functioning and I keep feeling that estrogen is at the root. Estrogen methylators like betaine hcl have helped quite a bit. I try not to go low carb, I try getting lots of nutrients and avoid pufa but that doesn’t seem to be it. What in the world are the root causes of high estrogen?

milk_lover

Usually estrogen runs unopposed if you are not producing enough of the protective hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone. The best way to optimize those is better metabolism and thyroid function. You can always experiment with low doses of these but taking care of metabolism resolves all these issues. How is your diet? Usually avoiding high pufa and gut irritating food can resolve a lot of problems. Do you have a lot of stress in your life? How is your vitamin D level and milk consumption and magnesium? PTH hormone due to the lack of any of these can reduce the sugar oxygen metabolism. Remember thyroid is an organ filled with cells. So a lot of things need to corrected so those cells function properly. In the meanwhile, you can take little thyroid to give you some push while you are working on diet and lifestyle. Also, you need a good liver function so you can convert T4 to the active form T3. Vitamin K2 and coffee are good anti-inflammatory substances for the liver. Also seafood or selenium supplement helps with the conversion.

youngsinatra

Improving bile flow to properly eliminate estrogen via the liver. High estrogen is typically caused by a sluggish liver.

Low-dose thiamine pyrophosphate and methylfolate are my go-to favorites and work like a charm always.

Snarf

Improving bile flow to properly eliminate estrogen via the liver. High estrogen is typically caused by a sluggish liver.

Low-dose thiamine pyrophosphate and methylfolate are my go-to favorites and work like a charm always.

I have some thiamine hcl, do you think that will have the same effect? What dose do you reccomend?

youngsinatra

I have some thiamine hcl, do you think that will have the same effect? What dose do you reccomend?
I use 5-10 mg of thiamine pyrophosphate sublingually.
Thiamine HCL has a bit lower bioavailability (3-5%) so I think 250 mg taken orally should do the trick.

japanesedude

I think having a normal bowel movement atleast once a day is the key to keep serotonin and estrogen in check.
coffee does that to me.

mostlylurking

Can you elaborate why?
According to Dr. Costantini taking thiamine hcl with juice will cancel out the effect of the thiamine. This was also my experience. I did not experience improvement from thiamine until I started taking it with water only. Tastes terrible but you get used to it.

"Oral thiamine should not be taken with juices or any sour beverage, water only."

Coffee and tea block thiamine.

sphenoid

According to Dr. Costantini taking thiamine hcl with juice will cancel out the effect of the thiamine. This was also my experience. I did not experience improvement from thiamine until I started taking it with water only. Tastes terrible but you get used to it.

"Oral thiamine should not be taken with juices or any sour beverage, water only."

Coffee and tea block thiamine.

Does this apply to other forms of thiamine of just HCl?

mostlylurking

Does this apply to other forms of thiamine of just HCl?
I don't know. I assume yes though. Having both sugar and thiamine in your stomach at the same time would probably have a negative effect on how well the thiamine works in your cells for oxidative metabolism. I just make it a habit to space sweet things 30 minutes away from taking thiamine.

GreekDemiGod

That does seem to be the case.
I remember listening to a Jay Feldman podcast(Energy balance) where the other host mentioned that he got mild gyno when he didn’t tolerate a certain food well and had intestinal irritation, which indirectly puts more stress on the liver.
I also got a case of mild gyno and had a fatty liver diagnosed. Now liver enzymes have normalised, but I am certain that my liver is still slightly or over-burdened from endotoxin, becauseI have low caffeine and alcohol tolerance.

youngsinatra

That does seem to be the case.
I remember listening to a Jay Feldman podcast(Energy balance) where the other host mentioned that he got mild gyno when he didn’t tolerate a certain food well and had intestinal irritation, which indirectly puts more stress on the liver.
I also got a case of mild gyno and had a fatty liver diagnosed. Now liver enzymes have normalised, but I am certain that my liver is still slightly or over-burdened from endotoxin, becauseI have low caffeine and alcohol tolerance.
Yeah I have mild cholestasis + had elevated liver enzymes in the 150+ range, too. I have normal serum estradiol, but my body composition looks like I have an excess of estrogen nonetheless.

I notice that my physique looks better (less water retention, less mid section fat, more defined face/jawline) when my liver is working well, bile flow is running smoothly and have regular bowel movements. I can look much worse (puffy face, lots of water weight, more hip dips) in a matter of a week when my bile flow is bad and consequently get constipated.

golder

Yeah I have mild cholestasis + had elevated liver enzymes in the 150+ range, too. I have normal serum estradiol, but my body composition looks like I have an excess of estrogen nonetheless.

I notice that my physique looks better (less water retention, less mid section fat, more defined face/jawline) when my liver is working well, bile flow is running smoothly and have regular bowel movements. I can look much worse (puffy face, lots of water weight, more hip dips) in a matter of a week when my bile flow is bad and consequently get constipated.
What have you noticed has improved your liver health and bile flow the most?

youngsinatra

What have you noticed has improved your liver health and bile flow the most?
Sublingual low-dose thiamine pyrophosphate. I use the brand „Metabolics“ which have a liquid version that just contains TPP and distilled water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals