There must be something we’re missing

Makrosky

The problem is not Ray's theories. The problem is taking him as the ultimate health authority. Then take X number of variables from his writings or somewhere else like this forum (for example : thyroid, aspirin, progesterone, calories and inflammation) and produce kind of an algorithm that can solve all health problems just by balancing those variables. Then once all the possible combinations of these variables do not yield possitive results people start adding new variables (for example : ripeness of fruits, type of milk a1/2, DHEA levels, LPS, etc.) and rerun the algorithm with more complexity. When it doesn't work again, go to apply some kind of kabbalistic interpretation of his quotes and articles in the quest for the missing variable that will make the algorithm work. But it doesn't.

It doesn't work. It was ALWAYS supposed to be simple. A bit of thyroid or progesterone in case you really were deficient on them, good nutrition and rest, sun/vitD, favoring certain foods instead of others (FAVORING. Not banning) and that's it. That's really it. The level of complexity we gave to his theories is kind of crazy.

Last edited:

Chophouse360

Been reflecting a lot lately about the entire philosophy of Ray surrounding nutrition and physiology. And while his ideas are elegant and fit together, I can’t seem to think that maybe he is missing something.
He had thyroid issues, so he focused a lot on thyroid and metabolism.
I’m listening to Morley Robbins and he said that the thyroid gland does not run the body.

Why does one have high estrogen? High cortisol? Why do other men thrive in supposedly estrogenic/ toxic environments and still have high Testosterone?
Focusing on lowering or raising X hormones seems fundamentally wrong to me and it’s not getting us to the root causes. There must be a homeostasis in the body.

We see guys/ bodybuilders who crash their E2 and have pronounced negative effects. This should tell you that the whole idea of forcibly lowering or crashing a hormone is stupid.
We should look deeper than hormones and let the hormone levels fall where they may fall.
I guess I’m trying to find whether there is a researcher out there who is levels above Peat and has figured out what Peat hasn’t.
So a guy should just leave his low t at 30? Lol

Nomane Euger

IMO, there is something inherently inflammatory about eating imported fruits that aren’t native or grown in the area you live.
ok,how would you differentiate something that is among your area,and something that is not,approximatively,not precisely?i have eaten fruits from other country in the winter that made me feel in heaven

BearWithMe

The problem is not Ray's theories. The problem is taking him as the ultimate health authority. Then take X number of variables from his writings or somewhere else like this forum (for example : thyroid, aspirin, progesterone, calories and inflammation) and produce kind of an algorithm that can solve all health problems just by balancing those variables. Then once all the possible combinations of these variables do not yield possitive results people start adding new variables (for example : ripeness of fruits, type of milk a1/2, DHEA levels, LPS, etc.) and rerun the algorithm with more complexity. When it doesn't work again, go to apply some kind of kabbalistic interpretation of his quotes and articles in the quest for the missing variable that will make the algorithm work. But it doesn't.

It doesn't work. It was ALWAYS supposed to be simple. A bit of thyroid or progesterone in case you really were deficient on them, good nutrition and rest, sun/vitD, favoring certain foods instead of others (FAVORING. Not banning) and that's it. That's really it. The level of complexity we brought his theories is kind of crazy.
Dude, synchronicity.

The "missing factor" might be actually implied in the simplicity of Ray's teachings.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It’s obvious some of you have found the path to good health and enjoyed benefits from adopting a few or more Peat principles.
For others, we still struggle.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that refined, white sugar is a net negative on health this is one example.
Regular consumption of Coke, Red Bull and even coffee worsened my dental health and recently I had my first ever molar extracted.

I would suspect that anything above 300g of carbohydrates has minimal additional benefits with regard to stress reduction, cortisol lowering and glucose metabolism.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

It’s obvious some of you have found the path to good health and enjoyed benefits from adopting a few or more Peat principles.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that refined, white sugar is a net negative on health this is one example.
Regular consumption of Coke, Red Bull and even coffee worsened my dental health and recently I had my first ever molar extracted.

I would suspect that anything above 300g of carbohydrates has minimal additional benefits with regard to stress reduction, cortisol lowering and glucose metabolism.
there have been peoples at least me that suggested you on your log multiples times that you probably have a suboptimal ratio sugar/minerals vitamins,to much sugar relative to others foods.as long as you consume enough nutrient rich foods that give you energy,you can even eat 1000 grammes of sugar and feel goood,if you dont eat enough of these nutrients rich foods that give you energy,even 40 grammes of sugar can make you feel terrible,from my experience and the peoples i observe,a a lot of sugar is not sustainable for optimal health with out alkaline minerals rich foods,it will worsen your health

Blossom

Forum Supporter

It doesn't work. It was ALWAYS supposed to be simple. A bit of thyroid or progesterone in case you really were deficient on them, good nutrition and rest, sun/vitD, favoring certain foods instead of others (FAVORING. Not banning) and that's it. That's really it. The level of complexity we gave to his theories is kind of crazy.
Completely agree.

Ritchie

Agreed. The dogmatism applied to his theories, and quotes, is extreme. You've been around for a while so you've probably seen what i've seen - people are so convinced and loud about it, until they are not. Then it's on to the next thing and eventually they seem to give up and disappear. Sooo many have come and gone, including alot of really interesting ex members of the forum. Then the new members go through the same process.. And the variables keep coming when the old ones don't work, the ones you mentioned and then.. Endotoxin, cutting out starch, cutting out exercise, the obsession with cutting out all PUFA, low fibre, no vegetables, excessive amounts of gelatin, excessive white table sugar, drinking excessive amounts of milk and on and on.

As you say, it all needs to be simplified and less complexity given to his theories. Also remembering that Peat is not a guru and gets things wrong/changes his mind. So whatever his position is on things now, could change in the future. With all that in mind, applying his principles in general will be beneficial. And it's not rocket science, most of it is common sense.. Essentially, for the most part, consume unprocessed foods as much as possible with a focus on a carbohydrate rich diet from a variety of sources including sweet fruits, juice, sugar, rice, potatoes, oats, other starches and so forth. Energy is energy. Keep fat intake reasonable (not ultra low or high) and skew more toward the saturated side of the spectrum. Avoid consumption of processed vegetable oils and the like, especially cooked, as such extreme PUFA oxidation (boiling oil) isn't good. Eat good quality protein and keep it on the lower side of the spectrum so as not to overdo the amino acids and the burden on processing it (among other issues with protein heavy eating).. Get a decent amount of fibre in the diet so as to keep things moving through.. Don't shy away from coffee as it can help to increase metabolism and has other medicinal type qualities and, as you mention, sun, rest, activity, perspective.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Been reflecting a lot lately about the entire philosophy of Ray surrounding nutrition and physiology. And while his ideas are elegant and fit together, I can’t seem to think that maybe he is missing something.
He had thyroid issues, so he focused a lot on thyroid and metabolism.
I’m listening to Morley Robbins and he said that the thyroid gland does not run the body.

Why does one have high estrogen? High cortisol? Why do other men thrive in supposedly estrogenic/ toxic environments and still have high Testosterone?
Focusing on lowering or raising X hormones seems fundamentally wrong to me and it’s not getting us to the root causes. There must be a homeostasis in the body.

We see guys/ bodybuilders who crash their E2 and have pronounced negative effects. This should tell you that the whole idea of forcibly lowering or crashing a hormone is stupid.
We should look deeper than hormones and let the hormone levels fall where they may fall.
I guess I’m trying to find whether there is a researcher out there who is levels above Peat and has figured out what Peat hasn’t.

To be honest, I don't think you fully understand Ray's views. They are a lot more subtle and nuanced than the way you describe them.

mrchibbs

hi,you can feel great in a cold climate applying "peat principles"with out popping any pill,just foods

Absolutely. I live in a cold place, and applying "peat principles" has just led me to reemphasize historically relevant, nutritious, pro-metabolic and easy to digest foods in my area.

Butter, gelatinous cuts of beef, broth, potatoes, root vegetables, milk, honey, maple syrup, liver, oysters, cod, berries/jam etc.

I am thriving with good, local food choices.

noodlecat

I remember Matt Blackburn saying recently how cod liver oil has improved his tolerance of cold weather and found that interesting.
The question that arises if it's smart to optimize your organism for the supposedly ideal warm climate/ environment, with sun all year round and fresh tropical fruits, even though you don't really live in such a climate.
matt blackburn is silly. maybe what you need is a vacation

Last edited:

Razvan

Not needing more than 300 grams of carbs for a grown man shows that the person is running of fat. I need atleast 450 to feel warm and have all the benefits.
I see you have a tendency to listen to dogmas "like sugar is bad" "fish oil is a must".

Razvan

I remember Matt Blackburn saying recently how cod liver oil has improved his tolerance of cold weather and found that interesting.
The question that arises if it's smart to optimize your organism for the supposedly ideal warm climate/ environment, with sun all year round and fresh tropical fruits, even though you don't really live in such a climate.
I didn't know Matt Blackburn before this comment but i opened the first video with him and i noticed right away that he's low testosterone and or low DHT ,just by listening to his voice and looking at his eyes.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I didn't know Matt Blackburn before this comment but i opened the first video with him and i noticed right away that he's low testosterone and or low DHT ,just by listening to his voice and looking at his eyes.
Really, I though his voice is deep enough.

Sefton10

Essentially, for the most part, consume unprocessed foods as much as possible with a focus on a carbohydrate rich diet from a variety of sources including sweet fruits, juice, sugar, rice, potatoes, oats, other starches and so forth. Energy is energy. Keep fat intake reasonable (not ultra low or high) and skew more toward the saturated side of the spectrum. Avoid consumption of processed vegetable oils and the like, especially cooked, as such extreme PUFA oxidation (boiling oil) isn't good. Eat good quality protein and keep it on the lower side of the spectrum so as not to overdo the amino acids and the burden on processing it (among other issues with protein heavy eating).. Get a decent amount of fibre in the diet so as to keep things moving through.. Don't shy away from coffee as it can help to increase metabolism and has other medicinal type qualities and, as you mention, sun, rest, activity, perspective.
?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals