There must be something we’re missing

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Essentially, for the most part, consume unprocessed foods as much as possible with a focus on a carbohydrate rich diet from a variety of sources including sweet fruits, juice, sugar, rice, potatoes, oats, other starches and so forth. Energy is energy. Keep fat intake reasonable (not ultra low or high) and skew more toward the saturated side of the spectrum. Avoid consumption of processed vegetable oils and the like, especially cooked, as such extreme PUFA oxidation (boiling oil) isn't good. Eat good quality protein and keep it on the lower side of the spectrum so as not to overdo the amino acids and the burden on processing it (among other issues with protein heavy eating).. Get a decent amount of fibre in the diet so as to keep things moving through.. Don't shy away from coffee as it can help to increase metabolism and has other medicinal type qualities and, as you mention, sun, rest, activity, perspective.
That’s an elegant way to put it.

Transition onto the Vertical Diet, by Stan Efferding. It captures some of the key principles from Ray Peat and is for more suited for active individuals.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

To be honest, I don't think you fully understand Ray's views. They are a lot more subtle and nuanced than the way you describe them.
That may also be true.
I started doubting his scientific knowledge when I read his article about starch being fattening because of insulin. It’s just laughable. Gary Taubes level.
Yes, insulin inhibit lipolysis. But fat burning does not equal fat loss.

Net fat balance = Fat burned - Fat stored.

On a low carb diet, you are burning more fat, but you are also storing more fat.
On a high carb diet, you are burning less fat, but you are also storing less fat.
It’s really that basic.

Nomane Euger

That may also be true.
I started doubting his scientific knowledge when I read his article about starch being fattening because of insulin. It’s just laughable. Gary Taubes level.

On a low carb diet, you are burning more fat, but you are also storing more fat.
On a high carb diet, you are burning less fat, but you are also storing less fat.
It’s really that basic.
do you know from what ray is basing his claim "starch being fattening because of insulin"?
did ray implyed anything that contradict that"Net fat balance = Fat burned - Fat stored."?

Nomane Euger

If I'm going to take advice only from "masculine" men, I'd be listening to Shawn Baker, Layne Norton, Stan Efferding, Huberman.
Matt looks more androgenic than Roddy.
it can be relevant to listen to peoples that do possess the characteristics you wish to have,Matt in the first video i linked that come on his youtube channel,from a year ago,the only one i seen from him,he is the antithesis of masculinity,Layne Norton and Stan efferding even while having a huge muscle mass are not masculine at all on other characteristics,Shawn baker and huberman do manifest some degree of masculinity.all these man you mentionned mostly lack joyfullness and enthusiasm when they do speak,they sound numb.

Danny Roddy on the other hand do sound enthusiastic,joyfull and playfull which are very valuable,he does not sound masculine he sound childish,if danny roddy would increase certains activity such as hard work out wich i assume he do not do and some other stressors,his masculinity potential is probably way higher than most of these other men because he has energy.
Matt blackburn from the video i linked and the lonely one i seen,has neither childish characteristics,neither masculine ones,he sound and look like he is collapsing,and he does not feel good neither has high resilience to stressors.ideally if you would want to feel joyfull,enthusiastic,playfull,feel good,and accessory masculine if you wish to be,none of these men you mention have both,some of them have none of these two,and danny feel better than any of them

Last edited:

Runenight201

Oh who is the God among men? The pinnacle model of ultimate masculinity! The one who can show all us writhing men how to rid ourselves of our weakness and show us the way! He who commands a voice most powerful. He with muscle mass beyond reproach. He with bone structure of chiseled rock. He with wisdom above our lower brutish minds. He who walks with truth, who guides the way, who leads the sheep, who protects the light, who carries the light, who picks up the fallen and shows them the path to true health, to fulfillment, to joy, to purpose, to peace!

Nomane Euger

Oh who is the God among men? The pinnacle model of ultimate masculinity! The one who can show all us writhing men how to rid ourselves of our weakness and show us the way! He who commands a voice most powerful. He with muscle mass beyond reproach. He with bone structure of chiseled rock. He with wisdom above our lower brutish minds. He who walks with truth, who guides the way, who leads the sheep, who protects the light, who carries the light, who picks up the fallen and shows them the path to true health, to fulfillment, to joy, to purpose, to peace!
hi,i do understand all the sentances of your comment,i do not understand the overall message that you are trying to convey if there is any,can you explicit?

Runenight201

hi,i do understand all the sentances of your comment,i do not understand the overall message that you are trying to convey if there is any,can you explicit?

It's a bit tongue in cheek in regards to our need to have someone who is the healthiest looking male with all the traits we deem to desirable to give us health advice on how to get there.

But I'm all for positive role models. I definitely need that. They help us direct our energies towards a positive end that makes us better and prevent us from falling to the myriad of traps and ways of being that are just incongruent with healthy livin'.

Nomane Euger

It's a bit tongue in cheek in regards to our need to have someone who is the healthiest looking male with all the traits we deem to desirable to give us health advice on how to get there.

But I'm all for positive role models. I definitely need that. They help us direct our energies towards a positive end that makes us better and prevent us from falling to the myriad of traps and ways of being that are just incongruent with healthy livin'.
ok,if my comment to greek demi god made you thought that i implyed that,i did not imply that only peoples that do possess the characteristics you wish to have can give you relevant advices,even people that do not have the characteristics that you wish to have can give you relevant advices,simply that if a person experience a phenomenon her self,such as certains masculine characteristics,as its happening in her body,if the person is attentive, she is more likely to eliminate as much cofounding factors and therefore make relevant associations,as the person can feel these fluctuations in her body real time.my sister is feminine and knows more about masculinity than most men i talked to

Runenight201

ok,if my comment to greek demi god made you thought that i implyed that,i did not imply that only peoples that do possess the characteristics you wish to have can give you relevant advices,even people that do not have the characteristics that you wish to have can give you relevant advices,simply that if a person experience a phenomenon her self,such as certains masculine characteristics,as its happening in her body,if the person is attentive, she is more likely to eliminate as much cofounding factors and therefore make relevant associations,as the person can feel these fluctuations in her body real time.my sister is feminine and knows more about masculinity than most men i talked to

Yea knowledge and experience are very powerful. I’m more likely to listen to someone who has both vs someone with only knowledge, and the more I can relate with the person the more likely I am to pay attention. The worst is when someone talks a talk but does not walk the walk. Makes my skin crawl. My boss one time tries to give me advice on how to be a leader and I damn near rolled onto the floor as he is the antithesis of what I’d expect from a leader. Some things you can’t instigate with words, you gotta show through action.

Jerkboy

That is because I think lifestyle is more important in the end. You can try to "outdiet" your lifestyle. But having a good lifestyle will automatically make you less busy with finding the missing puzzle piece. You just do stuff. Lifestyle will prevent toxicities, etc. With that I mean an active-ish lifestyle. Physically and socially.

Inaction, sitting inside, reading other peoples work instead of figuring things out yourself, etc. will all lead to a miserable life.

That is not to say diet is not important. Find foods that work for you. Move the body. Eat when hungry. Etc.

It is insane to me people put Ray Peat on the throne like he is a God. He is just a guy who figured things out for himself. Not for you personally.

Which means you have to actually live life to find the answers. People are trying to "meta" real life.

Nomane Euger

That is because I think lifestyle is more important in the end. You can try to "outdiet" your lifestyle. But having a good lifestyle will automatically make you less busy with finding the missing puzzle piece. You just do stuff. Lifestyle will prevent toxicities, etc. With that I mean an active-ish lifestyle. Physically and socially.

Inaction, sitting inside, reading other peoples work instead of figuring things out yourself, etc. will all lead to a miserable life.

That is not to say diet is not important. Find foods that work for you. Move the body. Eat when hungry. Etc.

It is insane to me people put Ray Peat on the throne like he is a God. He is just a guy who figured things out for himself. Not for you personally.

Which means you have to actually live life to find the answers. People are trying to "meta" real life.
hi,which life style?babies at some moments of their life do not moove much and are in better health than most active adults,why is that if lifestyle is more important than diet is more in the end?

Nomane Euger

Yea knowledge and experience are very powerful. I’m more likely to listen to someone who has both vs someone with only knowledge, and the more I can relate with the person the more likely I am to pay attention. The worst is when someone talks a talk but does not walk the walk. Makes my skin crawl. My boss one time tries to give me advice on how to be a leader and I damn near rolled onto the floor as he is the antithesis of what I’d expect from a leader. Some things you can’t instigate with words, you gotta show through action.
yea a person that do not have the characteristics that she claim to have ,but try to gaslight people and make them believe that she does have them,just for others recognition,when it sound inauthentic,its ridiculous,i dont think the intention is to hurt other in most cases,so i dont tell the person in a demeaning way how ridiculous that is, to ensure i dont hurt her sensitivity unless the person used these proclaimed characteristics and knowledge to hurt or demean other illegitimately

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

If anyone is on Instagram I found this guy/ researcher who is quite aligned/ aware of bioenergetic principles, and also looks androgenic with a deep voice. He credits Ray Peat too. He eats both fruits and tubers and lifts weights.

Quelsatron

It’s obvious some of you have found the path to good health and enjoyed benefits from adopting a few or more Peat principles.
For others, we still struggle.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that refined, white sugar is a net negative on health this is one example.
Regular consumption of Coke, Red Bull and even coffee worsened my dental health and recently I had my first ever molar extracted.

I would suspect that anything above 300g of carbohydrates has minimal additional benefits with regard to stress reduction, cortisol lowering and glucose metabolism.
dude you eat like 5+ different supplements, quit that stuff and you won't have 5 different things throwing your physiological state around like pinball flippers and then you can go from there

That may also be true.

It’s really that basic.
...how much Ray have you read? If this is your view of what he believes, what exactly have you consumed? Have you read generative energgy? Mind and tissue? His newsletter? You're aware this isn't a Ray Peat approved forum, correct? If you're taking advice from RPF and thinking it's Peat's, I've got some bad news....

VitoScaletta

Why do other men thrive in supposedly estrogenic/ toxic environments and still have high Testosterone?
They had better prenatal development/higher prenatal androgen exposure.
Helps being born to a young (19-25 ideally) masculine mother. I know because I suffer from being born to an old mother, and so I have to struggle very hard against causality.

Also, bare in mind most of this diet, therapy or whatever in my view is just to get to a point where you can eat mainly potatoes and be fine. The reason I think like this is because my parents and grandparents ate mostly potatoes in the USSR (at the very, very least that's what they ate); along with the rest of 90% of the population there. The rest of society on Earth mainly eats cheap Starch aswell. And also from the peat perspective potatoes are a complete food more or less... So why can't I thrive on it?
So this diet in my view is for me to get to a point where I can thrive on what other people eat (minus the PUFA soybean oil and all the other crazy bull****) and ate.

It takes time but I am increasing my health and changing my life, mainly by facing the things I fear and taking responsibility.

Its all about change. Your potential as a person is unbelievably high. You are not ok as you are.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals