There must be something we’re missing

VitoScaletta

Agreed. The dogmatism applied to his theories, and quotes, is extreme. You've been around for a while so you've probably seen what i've seen - people are so convinced and loud about it, until they are not. Then it's on to the next thing and eventually they seem to give up and disappear. Sooo many have come and gone, including alot of really interesting ex members of the forum. Then the new members go through the same process.. And the variables keep coming when the old ones don't work, the ones you mentioned and then.. Endotoxin, cutting out starch, cutting out exercise, the obsession with cutting out all PUFA, low fibre, no vegetables, excessive amounts of gelatin, excessive white table sugar, drinking excessive amounts of milk and on and on.

As you say, it all needs to be simplified and less complexity given to his theories. Also remembering that Peat is not a guru and gets things wrong/changes his mind. So whatever his position is on things now, could change in the future. With all that in mind, applying his principles in general will be beneficial. And it's not rocket science, most of it is common sense.. Essentially, for the most part, consume unprocessed foods as much as possible with a focus on a carbohydrate rich diet from a variety of sources including sweet fruits, juice, sugar, rice, potatoes, oats, other starches and so forth. Energy is energy. Keep fat intake reasonable (not ultra low or high) and skew more toward the saturated side of the spectrum. Avoid consumption of processed vegetable oils and the like, especially cooked, as such extreme PUFA oxidation (boiling oil) isn't good. Eat good quality protein and keep it on the lower side of the spectrum so as not to overdo the amino acids and the burden on processing it (among other issues with protein heavy eating).. Get a decent amount of fibre in the diet so as to keep things moving through.. Don't shy away from coffee as it can help to increase metabolism and has other medicinal type qualities and, as you mention, sun, rest, activity, perspective.
I definitely agree with what u said about dogma within this community. I guess some people don't really think for themselves

VitoScaletta

With all that in mind, applying his principles in general will be beneficial.
This particular quote is very good... It's all about general things. I can't stress the "in general" part enough

The things that work for Peat will most likely not work for most of the people here or the general population.

Brandin

I didn't know Matt Blackburn before this comment but i opened the first video with him and i noticed right away that he's low testosterone and or low DHT ,just by listening to his voice and looking at his eyes.
Not accurate. I sound simillar and my dht is skyhigh lol

Nomane Euger

Not accurate. I sound simillar and my dht is skyhigh lol
hi,he said "low testosterone and or DHT",do you sound similar to him in the video"mitolife academy / join the community"the presentation video of his youtube channel?when you claim that your DHT is shyhigh,do you refer to bloodtest or something else?

Sefton10

One thing I find interesting that I don't think I've heard Ray discuss is that testosterone levels fall significantly in males when they are in a monogamous relationship. They fall even further when they have kids. Lots of blokes are chasing higher T and TRT is booming in many circles now, but the influence of culture on biology here is huge and rarely discussed.

SamYo123

One thing I find interesting that I don't think I've heard Ray discuss is that testosterone levels fall significantly in males when they are in a monogamous relationship. They fall even further when they have kids. Lots of blokes are chasing higher T and TRT is booming in many circles now, but the influence of culture on biology here is huge and rarely discussed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1B3PoKCUI

artist

The biggest problem with Peat imo is that his work borders on Utopianism and it attracts people based on that. I think of all of the “health philosophers” if you will, Peat is the most optimistic by far, and this is a great thing. It’s an important influence and I have definitely been helped by exposure to his work, which I’ve been following for over 8 years. But the downside is you wind up having a lot of oversimplification, and imo denial of the general fallibility and variability of the human body, denial of the possibility of hard limits.

The fact that people are debating what is “the solution” or “the thing” we are missing is in itself a problem. Your solution is not my solution, your thing is not my thing. It’s simple but like…I’m not 5’9” as a woman becuase I grew up on a certain diet, it’s because both my parents are tall. This is a controversial statement around here. If I had worse nutrition would I be a bit shorter? No doubt, but genetics are real. I struggled with my skin because everyone in my family does. Etc. Simple things like this are contested becuase of people’s longing to manifest their perfect body, and many want to believe that it’s only because of a bad actor (ie. the government denying them their God-given rights to ripe oranges their whole childhood) that they don’t have it. It’s utopian.

People will say that Ray never says things like “estrogen is bad”, but he doesn’t not-say it either. His articles are more of a form of activism than science imo. An article he writes is not meant to be a balanced take on the complexities of estrogens effects in the body that accounts for the possibilities of too little, the wrong or right forms, etc. It’s meant to correct against what he views as a fundamental bias in the times in which he is writing. Once you are already “converted” you can then get yourself in trouble, because you’re looking for a complete understanding of estrogen in your guru, and there is actually none to be found. Thus you can wind up monomaniacally trying to crush your estrogen, crush your serotonin, eat zero PUFA, etc. Of course, whether your fall into those kinds of traps depends on your personality, but again I think utopian personalities tend to be the ones who are receptive to Peat in the first place.

ampersand

The biggest problem with Peat imo is that his work borders on Utopianism and it attracts people based on that. I think of all of the “health philosophers” if you will, Peat is the most optimistic by far, and this is a great thing. It’s an important influence and I have definitely been helped by exposure to his work, which I’ve been following for over 8 years. But the downside is you wind up having a lot of oversimplification, and imo denial of the general fallibility and variability of the human body, denial of the possibility of hard limits.

The fact that people are debating what is “the solution” or “the thing” we are missing is in itself a problem. Your solution is not my solution, your thing is not my thing. It’s simple but like…I’m not 5’9” as a woman becuase I grew up on a certain diet, it’s because both my parents are tall. This is a controversial statement around here. If I had worse nutrition would I be a bit shorter? No doubt, but genetics are real. I struggled with my skin because everyone in my family does. Etc. Simple things like this are contested becuase of people’s longing to manifest their perfect body, and many want to believe that it’s only because of a bad actor (ie. the government denying them their God-given rights to ripe oranges their whole childhood) that they don’t have it. It’s utopian.

People will say that Ray never says things like “estrogen is bad”, but he doesn’t not-say it either. His articles are more of a form of activism than science imo. An article he writes is not meant to be a balanced take on the complexities of estrogens effects in the body that accounts for the possibilities of too little, the wrong or right forms, etc. It’s meant to correct against what he views as a fundamental bias in the times in which he is writing. Once you are already “converted” you can then get yourself in trouble, because you’re looking for a complete understanding of estrogen in your guru, and there is actually none to be found. Thus you can wind up monomaniacally trying to crush your estrogen, crush your serotonin, eat zero PUFA, etc. Of course, whether your fall into those kinds of traps depends on your personality, but again I think utopian personalities tend to be the ones who are receptive to Peat in the first place.
This is an interesting insight, thank you. It rings true to me. Doesn't make me admire or respect Peat any less of course, and it helps to explain a lot of what goes wrong with how people interpret him.

stoic

I believe this only happens in modern marriages, where the man is not admired nor respected, has no sexual agency whatsoever, is often deprived of the company of men and even worse, forced to take on feminine roles for the sake of "equality"(another word for enforced androgyny).

Give a man a masculine role and see his previous androgen levels rapidly return ;)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I believe this only happens in modern marriages, where the man is not admired nor respected, has no sexual agency whatsoever, is often deprived of the company of men and even worse, forced to take on feminine roles for the sake of "equality"(another word for enforced androgyny).

Give a man a masculine role and see his previous androgen levels rapidly return ;)
💯 agree. This whole obsession with "being high T" has become a meme in the right-wing/ red-pill. What are you going to do with your high T levels? Satisfy your ego and call yourself alpha because you take TRT?
TRT is cheating.
There comes a point when not worrying about your T levels might be a sign you have healthy T levels and don't need to have your masculinity validated by a number on a blood test.
Not being monogamous because it will lower your T levels? That's just retarded thinking.

Last edited:

crazypatriot

💯 agree. This whole obsession with "being high T" has become a meme in the right-wing/ red-pill. What are you going to do with your high T levels? Satisfy your ego and call yourself alpha because you take TRT?
TRT is cheating.
There comes a point when not worrying about your T levels might be a sign you have healthy T levels and don't need to have your masculinity validated by a number on a blood test.
Not being monogamous because it will lower your T levels? That's just retarded thinking.

Not to mention having sex with random sluts is degenerate behavior glorified by jewish media. Low testosterone was not a problem for our monogamous grandparents.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals