Beans To Get Rid Of Sludgy Bile

Tourist

Have you tried this? The theory behind it is that the fiber absorbs the bile and helps expel it:

KarenHurd.com

After doing the carrots for 6 months can't say I feel a difference with estrogen and am curious about the impact beans could make. However, I stopped eating beans a year ago so I'm Leary of adding them in again as I do get gut pain from them.

raypeatclips

I have seen several things saying fiber lowers estrogen and they weren't talking about the Peat recommended fiber's.

I would say don't eat anything that gives you gut pain though just because someone in the internet says so.

Wagner83

White button mushrooms are powerful to lower estrogens, drinking the liquid extract works.

Xisca

However, I stopped eating beans a year ago so I'm Leary of adding them in again as I do get gut pain from them.
I might add some informations...
The article mentions soluble fiber, not the stuff that is AROUND beans. This is harsh fiber, full of anti-nutrients and makes the farting.
If you try the red lentil or the green split pea, this has no such envelop, as it has been removed.
Then soak overnight, wash, and cook in clean water, not the soaking one.
And eat little at a time.
Red lentil is the easiest to digest in legumes, and is commonly used in ayurveda with rice. They lightly fry some cardamom seeds so that they release some eseential oil for digestion, then cook the rest in, with water.
Hope it can help.

OP
Tourist

Tourist

Great info and thank you. I'm going to the store to get my red lentils today

I might add some informations...
The article mentions soluble fiber, not the stuff that is AROUND beans. This is harsh fiber, full of anti-nutrients and makes the farting.
If you try the red lentil or the green split pea, this has no such envelop, as it has been removed.
Then soak overnight, wash, and cook in clean water, not the soaking one.
And eat little at a time.
Red lentil is the easiest to digest in legumes, and is commonly used in ayurveda with rice. They lightly fry some cardamom seeds so that they release some eseential oil for digestion, then cook the rest in, with water.
Hope it can help.

Active charcoal does that too. UDCA also is good for bile flow.

Jesilyn

I am looking into this Karen Hurd bean diet because what I’m doing is not working. Came into my awareness very serendipitously, and my instinct tells me there’s something here for me. She is very anti saturated fat, and so the diet has a lot of MUFA and PUFA. It apparently has a very high success rate and I am so curious how it’s working. Is the body able to mitigate the damage from PUFA more easily because the high bean intake improves elimination so much, so that the liver function is improved enough that the trade off makes it worthwhile?

mrchibbs

I am looking into this Karen Hurd bean diet because what I’m doing is not working. Came into my awareness very serendipitously, and my instinct tells me there’s something here for me. She is very anti saturated fat, and so the diet has a lot of MUFA and PUFA. It apparently has a very high success rate and I am so curious how it’s working. Is the body able to mitigate the damage from PUFA more easily because the high bean intake improves elimination so much, so that the liver function is improved enough that the trade off makes it worthwhile?

PUFAs don't cause problems short term, so the success rate might be from initial relief from some symptoms with the change of diet.

Regarding the liver, I think it's ludicrous to argue that beans will improve its health, considering they are the #1 food in terms of anti-nutrients (that the liver needs to deactivate)

Tarmander

I recently did an interview with her. She has a great story, but just remember she is also trying to sell her classes. The beans should make you feel better after an extended amount of time of experimentation.

Ep. 71 Interview Karen Hurd: The Bean Protocol for Total Body Wellness - Quax Podcast

I am not sure about her PUFA views...stuff makes me feel awful

Jesilyn

I recently did an interview with her. She has a great story, but just remember she is also trying to sell her classes. The beans should make you feel better after an extended amount of time of experimentation.

Ep. 71 Interview Karen Hurd: The Bean Protocol for Total Body Wellness - Quax Podcast

I am not sure about her PUFA views...stuff makes me feel awful
Thanks for the link! Have you chosen to implement anything from her protocol? Have you experimented with the beans?

Tarmander

Thanks for the link! Have you chosen to implement anything from her protocol? Have you experimented with the beans?
I have been doing around 3/4th of a can of beans per day now for maybe 6 months, so after chatting with her it was more just confirmation on why it is working for me.

I have not implemented anything else from her. I think her views on PUFA are incorrect

Her whole outlook is great for natural health ala 1970s-1990s, but young people face different issues that won't be resolved with high fiber, greens, and pufa.

gaze

So basically she recommends beans and legumes, pufa nuts and oils, lean muscle meats, large amounts of water, no sugar, no dairy. In other words her recommendations are just about the exact dogma that Ray has committed his research to disproving. Why exactly is she even worth mentioning? Just cause she says soluble fiber bind toxic bile? nothing about her recommendations are different then the average dogmatic health recommendations given today. Just about as anti metabolic as it gets.

Anyone have experience or accounts of using FAVA beans for Dopamine enhancement ? I’ve seen a study that yielded increased L-Dopa levels after FAVA consumption.

Now, these are extremely difficult to find in their whole food state. You can find them frozen, or canned by Progresso. In Brooklyn NY, I could find them freshly picked, pods in tact. Preparation required peeling off the outer layer, so the thin flat pale green bean could be used. They are absolutely delicious. Sauté them in olive oil, and pair with eggs, sunnyside up.

@Frankdee20 Are you still eating Fava beans??

Jesilyn

I have been doing around 3/4th of a can of beans per day now for maybe 6 months, so after chatting with her it was more just confirmation on why it is working for me.

I have not implemented anything else from her. I think her views on PUFA are incorrect

Her whole outlook is great for natural health ala 1970s-1990s, but young people face different issues that won't be resolved with high fiber, greens, and pufa.
Good to know you are receiving benefit without implementing the whole protocol. I’m gonna try adding some beans in and see if it helps. How much and which fats do you eat? Do you keep the beans away from fat per her suggestion?

somuch4food

Isn't it a fact, that beans predispose to gallbladder stones?
https://www.gastrojournal.org/artic...FjARegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2kpyMZ5lNL-M7MFvp3OOY1

I thought that beans are a no go for gallbladder problems.

She recommends very low fat for gallbladder problems and very frequent small amounts of beans. The idea is that soluble fiber will get rid of some bile forcing new bile to be made which will dilute the stuck and eventually the stone will dissolve IIRC.

Good to know you are receiving benefit without implementing the whole protocol. I’m gonna try adding some beans in and see if it helps. How much and which fats do you eat? Do you keep the beans away from fat per her suggestion?

I'm currently mostly eating her way except I have some fruits. I was having issues with all Peat staples, it was time for a new angle. Fat can be separated from beans but it depends on your health issues.

Pompadour

She recommends very low fat for gallbladder problems and very frequent small amounts of beans. The idea is that soluble fiber will get rid of some bile forcing new bile to be made which will dilute the stuck and eventually the stone will dissolve IIRC.
In the study, that i mentioned, they found, that legumes make bile supersaturated (thiker ?) and this predispose to gallstones and all problems. Confused...

Tarmander

I don't keep it away. Mostly animal fat from either cow meat or butter

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals