Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

Birdie

I have been taking 4/325mg aspirin tabs a day. My Hgb/Hct today was 10.2. Yesterday, I vomited old blood twice. BTW I take 2 Super Ks a day.

Um, I ate liver for dinner with fruit and no coffee.

I stopped the aspirin for now.
I'm feeling weak, breathless. My BP todqy was 108/64, HR 100, Temp 98.1..

I have not had much appetite for about a week. Was kidding today that this way of shrinking the stomach is cheaper than a tummy tuck.

This is not a very complete history since I am not up to more just now. But, maybe, some people need to be careful with aspirin... I should have recognized the problem but did not until I vomited.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Holy moly Birdie my thoughts are with you!

For what its worth. Anytime I stay heavy on the aspirin for a couple weeks in a row, I start getting sick to my stomach and not wanting to eat as much to. So I stop for a few days and it goes away. I have done this cycle a few times and now I know for sure its the aspirin. I am now resigned to taking really small doses every couple days.

J

j.

i took aspirin two or three times. i didn't feel any symptoms, but when i thought about having another pill my mind rejected it, so i stopped.

Birdie

Charlie said:

For what its worth. Anytime I stay heavy on the aspirin for a couple weeks in a row, I start getting sick to my stomach and not wanting to eat as much to. So I stop for a few days and it goes away. I have done this cycle a few times and now I know for sure its the aspirin. I am now resigned to taking really small doses every couple days.

Charlie,
That's really helpful. I've had nausea for weeks.. Too bad I didn't know it before. When I stabilize, I plan to take just 1/2 every other day and work up to 1/2 a day. I don't want to face this again.

I did put ~ 1600mg in my bath tonite. That'll skip the tummy!!
Thanks for your thoughts.

nwo2012

Maybe your bodies are just not ready for the aspirin due to a salicylate intolerance? Possibly when enough healing has occurred you will no longer react in this manner. I feel absolutely great on aspirin. Like a sort of warm, calming glow inside. It's funny because most of my life I have suffered from having dry blood in my nose in the morning. This has lessened now even with aspirin use(but I think it's due to correcting thyroid rather than taking aspirin).

nwo2012

Birdie said:
Charlie said:

Charlie,
That's really helpful. I've had nausea for weeks.. Too bad I didn't know it before. When I stabilize, I plan to take just 1/2 every other day and work up to 1/2 a day. I don't want to face this again.

I did put ~ 1600mg in my bath tonite. That'll skip the tummy!!
Thanks for your thoughts.

If you want to skip the tummy, try an aspirin enema. Im serious btw. :cool:

peatarian

nwo2012 said:

I don't think that's the best idea as long as she is bleeding. Obviously her mucous membrane is very thin or inflamed. I think over the skin is the better idea right now.
I have asked around about feeling sick on aspirin but so far everybody has been fine. But there is always the possibility that you are allergic, birdie.
Are you sure you threw up 'old blood'? It wasn't the liver? Because it looks very much like old blood when ... well, when it comes out again.
Feeling sick is connected to estrogen.
When you're feeling better, would you tell us if there was something apart from the aspirin you changed?

Birdie

A little more:

I felt good on the aspirin and am in no way saying more than that I had a possible problem with it.

There are various causes for black/brown vomit. I was being delicate saying old blood. Haha. How can you think ur being delicate about vomit.

I was taking 4 and occasionally 6 aspirin a day. Also, at times, I was taking betaine hydrochloride which would make things worse.

Birdie

peatarian,
I just read yours about the liver, but I ate the liver the day after the throwing up. I had thought you were referring to possible bile.

I'm foggy.

nwo2012

peatarian said:
nwo2012 said:

I don't think that's the best idea as long as she is bleeding. Obviously her mucous membrane is very thin or inflamed. I think over the skin is the better idea right now.
I have asked around about feeling sick on aspirin but so far everybody has been fine. But there is always the possibility that you are allergic, birdie.
Are you sure you threw up 'old blood'? It wasn't the liver? Because it looks very much like old blood when ... well, when it comes out again.
Feeling sick is connected to estrogen.
When you're feeling better, would you tell us if there was something apart from the aspirin you changed?

Taking things rectally, since it avoids the stomach, and ansorbing them via the colon can be beneficial. There are PR versions of NSAIDs that can be given to people that are fasting (due to various reasons such as bowel obstruction etc) and are very effective and of course dont cause gastric irritation. I would hazard that any bleeding is coming from the stomach. Of course bathing would be beneficial. Im not disagreeing with you. ;)

Birdie, I did pose the question of issues with aspirin to RP.

RP
Dissolving the aspirin completely in warm water and taking it with food should prevent the irritation. Any concentrated chemical can injure the stomach.

I guess from this we can deduce that you need to be careful with dosing.

Birdie

That's very interesting, peatarian, about estrogen causing the sick feeling. I increased progesterone today figuring it would help in a general way, but I probably am too high estrogen. Thanks for that connection.

Attachments

• mod.JPG
    mod.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 89

kettlebell

I am struggling to find a decent supply of aspirin in the UK. Does anyone know of a brand over here that is not too expensive and does not have talc in it?

I am not worried about starch etc but have real issues with taking aspirin riddled with aluminium.

Any advise much aprreciated.

peatarian

Birdie said:
That's very interesting, peatarian, about estrogen causing the sick feeling. I increased progesterone today figuring it would help in a general way, but I probably am too high estrogen. Thanks for that connection.

Birdie, I once had problems with bleedings from the mucous membranes (nose and mouth, probably stomach), Ray Peat recommended Wobenzym then. It's manufactured by a company in the Netherlands today. Ray Peat recommended Wobenzym N but they changed the formula and called it Wobenzym P. There is something in there (lectin) which can cause allergies. Ray Peat cautioned me to stay away from that. But now there is again a new formula called Interzym. It doesn't contain lectin from lentils. Maybe you want to check this out? It really helped me. As an alternative you can get the containing substances alone. Rutin powder would be a good idea. It works like vitamin K to stop bleedings but is stronger. You can buy bromelain, powered at lifeextension.org (Ray Peat recommended it).
Bromelain is an enzyme from broccoli. It will repair your mucous membranes and increase your immune system.

peatarian

nwo2012 said:
[
Taking things rectally, since it avoids the stomach, and ansorbing them via the colon can be beneficial. There are PR versions of NSAIDs that can be given to people that are fasting (due to various reasons such as bowel obstruction etc) and are very effective and of course dont cause gastric irritation. I would hazard that any bleeding is coming from the stomach. Of course bathing would be beneficial. Im not disagreeing with you. ;)

Birdie, I did pose the question of issues with aspirin to RP.

RP
Dissolving the aspirin completely in warm water and taking it with food should prevent the irritation. Any concentrated chemical can injure the stomach.

I guess from this we can deduce that you need to be careful with dosing.

That's the advice I got from him, too. About the dissolving in warm water (I found out it has to be hot).

I know that enema are beneficial in some cases (I have heard about coffee enema) but I think that the mucous membranes of the body are connected. The cells forming mucous membranes are dividing more rapidly than others. So if there is anything wrong with your metabolism or with your hormones, the mucous membranes will be the first to show signs of weakness. When your nose bleeds a lot or your gums, it's likely that your stomach and intestines are not in the best condition either. The mucous membranes of the intestines are very delicate. As long as she is bleeding, I would not use anything anticoagulant on them.

peatarian

Interzym:
Pancreatin (Amylase - Lipase) 100 mg
Papaine 60 mg
Rutine 50 mg
Bromelaine 45 mg
Trypsine 24 mg
Chymotrypsine 1 mg

Wobenzym P:
Bromelain - 90 mg
Bromelain - 450 FIP-E
Papain - 60 mg
Rutosid 3-Wasser - 100 mg
Papain - 300 FIP-E

Ray Peat: "Wobenzym, a German enzyme product containing bromelain, and other enzymes would protect the mucous cells."

Ray Peat hasn't seen the Trypsine and the Chymotrypsine. They are new ingredients and I don't know about them.

Birdie

peatarian said:
Birdie said:

Birdie, I once had problems with bleedings from the mucous membranes (nose and mouth, probably stomach), Ray Peat recommended Wobenzym then. It's manufactured by a company in the Netherlands today. Ray Peat recommended Wobenzym N but they changed the formula and called it Wobenzym P. There is something in there (lectin) which can cause allergies. Ray Peat cautioned me to stay away from that. But now there is again a new formula called Interzym. It doesn't contain lectin from lentils. Maybe you want to check this out? It really helped me. As an alternative you can get the containing substances alone. Rutin powder would be a good idea. It works like vitamin K to stop bleedings but is stronger. You can buy bromelain, powered at lifeextension.org (Ray Peat recommended it).
Bromelain is an enzyme from broccoli. It will repair your mucous membranes and increase your immune system.
Thanks, p.
I've got bromelain. Didn't know RP's thoughts on it. Glad to hear that.
And also that rutin powder is good. Will get it.

I don't know that I'll be able to get the Interzym if it is Rxd. Will do your suggested alternative plan above.

I got a bladder infection yesterday morning but took mucho D-mannose and today gone. hurrah.
Also strained a SI area muscle yesterday rushing to toilet where diarrhea happened. I'm a mess. Able to do quite a few easy stretches though.

So, for anyone interested in my progress, my stools have gotten paler. Looks like the bleeding is healing. I think it's the stomach like nmo hazards. I'm not worried there. No more vomiting to test for colour but the stool (I think) is a good indicator.

I feel weak. I've eaten small servings of liver starting about 4 hours after the black vomit day before yesterday. More liver yesterday. Thanks for all your interest and help. Valuable.
If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Birdie

p, I'll look at your latest post a little later. TY.

peatarian

Please keep an eye on your blood pressure and pulse. If it slows, eat the rutin and vitamin k. You should not quit vitamin k now! If you can't swallow it, use it on your skin. Don't forget to take a big dosage of vitamin E.
Do you have charcoal at home? This might be a very good time for it. Use at least 4 table spoons in water and drink it.
If you don't have ondansetron, fry scrambled potato juice in a pan with coconut fat until it's golden brown. (Use a centrifugal juicer.) It will lower the serotonin.
Great about the D-Mannose! I'd heard it would work.
Eat as much sugar as you can.

Do you still feel sick?

Birdie

peatarian said:
Please keep an eye on your blood pressure and pulse. If it slows, eat the rutin and vitamin k. You should not quit vitamin k now! If you can't swallow it, use it on your skin. Don't forget to take a big dosage of vitamin E.
Do you have charcoal at home? This might be a very good time for it. Use at least 4 table spoons in water and drink it.
If you don't have ondansetron, fry scrambled potato juice in a pan with coconut fat until it's golden brown. (Use a centrifugal juicer.) It will lower the serotonin.

Do you still feel sick?
Yes, I feel sick just now. It comes and goes.

My BP is usually lowish. On Friday, it was lower, 108/64. Pulse usually 90 - 100 and was 100 on Friday.
I can't take my BP just now as dh doesn't know how to do it. Am not doing pulse but will try.

Found I am out of bromelain. Yes, I am continuing Super Ks. Yes, am taking vit E. Am nightshade sensitive. Don't have ondansetron and haven't heard of it until now.

Yes on charcoal. Took some with a very small carrot salad yesterday. Will keep remembering it now. 4 T a very large amount compared to what I've been doing. Glad to know that.

My husband is having mucous membrane problems too. Spitting blood. Told him progesterone in nose. He's very anti humidifiers and it is dry here with the central heat on.

peatarian

Birdie said:
peatarian said:

Do you still feel sick?
Yes, I feel sick just now. It comes and goes.

Sometimes it helps to lick salt or drink salt water. Backbreathing helps, too. And carrot salad.

My BP is usually lowish. On Friday, it was lower, 108/64. Pulse usually 90 - 100 and was 100 on Friday.
I can't take my BP just now as dh doesn't know how to do it. Am not doing pulse but will try.

You can measure your pulse with your fingers. Press them to your neck or wrist and let your dh measure 20 seconds and tell you when they are over. You count the heartbeat. Then multiply with the number with 3. Make sure to rest a few minutes before you do this. Do you feel dizzy or have trouble seeing? I am just trying to make sure you are not losing blood anymore. But it's not that dangerous really. The stomach cannot digest blood so you will inevitably throw up if it gets too much. Blood when thrown up always looks like much more. The color is so intense that it will make the other liquids red, too. The rutin and vitamin K will stop the bleeding

Found I am out of bromelain. Yes, I am continuing Super Ks. Yes, am taking vit E. Am nightshade sensitive. Don't have ondansetron and haven't heard of it until now.

Ondansetron is a good emergency drug for feeling sick and throwing up. You'll find more in the serotonin thread. It doesn't matter now if you don't have it - the potato juice would do the same.

Yes on charcoal. Took some with a very small carrot salad yesterday. Will keep remembering it now. 4 T a very large amount compared to what I've been doing. Glad to know that.

Don't use the charcoal with carrots. Charcoal is more potent and will first of all bind everything you ingest with it. You lose the vitamins in the carrot and the fibers get stuck with charcoal. Try to have at least an hour between meals/supplements and charcoal.

My husband is having mucous membrane problems too. Spitting blood. Told him progesterone in nose. He's very anti humidifiers and it is dry here with the central heat on.
How old is your husband? Sometimes vitamin E is all that's needed. You can use it topically, open the capsule and swallow it or rub it into your nostrils. Placing a wet towel on the radiator at night helps a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals