Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

chris

peatarian - Was the " Sometimes vitamin E is all that's needed." comment aimed at the mucous membranes statement? I've noticed I've been getting a bit of mucous really, I suspect its from milk but not too sure. I don't take any vitamin e and I'm sure my diet is pretty low in it. Would the vitamin e have any effect?

Birdie

peatarian said:
Birdie said:
peatarian said:
Please keep an eye on your blood pressure and pulse. If it slows, eat the rutin and vitamin k. You should not quit vitamin k now! If you can't swallow it, use it on your skin. Don't forget to take a big dosage of vitamin E.
Do you have charcoal at home? This might be a very good time for it. Use at least 4 table spoons in water and drink it.
If you don't have ondansetron, fry scrambled potato juice in a pan with coconut fat until it's golden brown. (Use a centrifugal juicer.) It will lower the serotonin.
Great about the D-Mannose! I'd heard it would work.
Eat as much sugar as you can.

Do you still feel sick?
Yes, I feel sick just now. It comes and goes.

Sometimes it helps to lick salt or drink salt water. Backbreathing helps, too. And carrot salad.

My BP is usually lowish. On Friday, it was lower, 108/64. Pulse usually 90 - 100 and was 100 on Friday.
I can't take my BP just now as dh doesn't know how to do it. Am not doing pulse but will try.

You can measure your pulse with your fingers. Press them to your neck or wrist and let your dh measure 20 seconds and tell you when they are over. You count the heartbeat. Then multiply with the number with 3. Make sure to rest a few minutes before you do this. Do you feel dizzy or have trouble seeing? I am just trying to make sure you are not losing blood anymore. But it's not that dangerous really. The stomach cannot digest blood so you will inevitably throw up if it gets too much. Blood when thrown up always looks like much more. The color is so intense that it will make the other liquids red, too. The rutin and vitamin K will stop the bleeding

Found I am out of bromelain. Yes, I am continuing Super Ks. Yes, am taking vit E. Am nightshade sensitive. Don't have ondansetron and haven't heard of it until now.

Ondansetron is a good emergency drug for feeling sick and throwing up. You'll find more in the serotonin thread. It doesn't matter now if you don't have it - the potato juice would do the same.

Yes on charcoal. Took some with a very small carrot salad yesterday. Will keep remembering it now. 4 T a very large amount compared to what I've been doing. Glad to know that.

Don't use the charcoal with carrots. Charcoal is more potent and will first of all bind everything you ingest with it. You lose the vitamins in the carrot and the fibers get stuck with charcoal. Try to have at least an hour between meals/supplements and charcoal.

My husband is having mucous membrane problems too. Spitting blood. Told him progesterone in nose. He's very anti humidifiers and it is dry here with the central heat on.
How old is your husband? Sometimes vitamin E is all that's needed. You can use it topically, open the capsule and swallow it or rub it into your nostrils. Placing a wet towel on the radiator at night helps a lot.
Thanks, peatarian.
I do take pinches of salt. Will increase as you recommended.
I know how to take my pulse.

Big problem now is my hip injury. Limiting sleep and movement. Know how to do self help with physiotherapy but would like advice from you, p, or nmo2012, on resuming aspirin. I've dissolved some in water. Not able to do enema or sure I'd want to anyway. Convinced of weak mucous membranes being everywhere not just in tummy theory.

I am in pain and want to resume Aspirin for that and the other reasons. Yesterday, took bath with it and epsom and bak powder. Today, plan to put some in juice and have with meals... But, considering that I was taking it with food before, and got the stomach bleeding.... But I should prob try again being Very careful about food with it. And never use Betaine HCl.

Okay, have started extra E as advised..

peatarian and nmo2012, any support for resuming Aspirin greatly appreciated. I think you are saying to take it in diluted doses with food, but want to be sure. Hope you see this. Thanks.

Sorry, rambling..

nwo2012

Yes Peatarian is correct, although the bleeding does not necessarily mean all mucous membranes are affected, better to assume they are just in case.
Yes take a lower dose of aspirin but more often would be safer. Well diluted in warm to hot water and drink with a meal.
You could also occasionally take a little baking soda, in the glass with the aspirin, to buffer the aspirin's acidity but I wouldnt do this all the time as it can affect digestion of the meal. And definitely use all the tips Peatarian suggested and go slow and Im sure you will be fine.

Birdie

Thank you nwo. I am just feeling timid after the blood vomit. But, I'm more energetic and thinking more clearly today. !!
I want to use aspirin especially for my SI/hip injury. So, will proceed with caution using diluted/dissolved aspirin only with meals.

Birdie

chris said:
peatarian - Was the " Sometimes vitamin E is all that's needed." comment aimed at the mucous membranes statement? I've noticed I've been getting a bit of mucous really, I suspect its from milk but not too sure. I don't take any vitamin e and I'm sure my diet is pretty low in it. Would the vitamin e have any effect?

I think the advice was regarding thin mucous membranes. Mucous accumulation would be different. There is probably a thread on vit E doses. If you are low in E, you do want to correct that. Maybe you should try just using cheese and see if that helps your mucous.

nwo2012

Birdie said:
Thank you nwo. I am just feeling timid after the blood vomit. But, I'm more energetic and thinking more clearly today. !!
I want to use aspirin especially for my SI/hip injury. So, will proceed with caution using diluted/dissolved aspirin only with meals.

No problem. Just start really slow. I would start with 1-2 aspirin per day for a few days and see how you go before upping it.

peatarian

Birdie said:
chris said:

I think the advice was regarding thin mucous membranes. Mucous accumulation would be different. There is probably a thread on vit E doses. If you are low in E, you do want to correct that. Maybe you should try just using cheese and see if that helps your mucous.

Yes, vitamin E oil was aimed at your dh's nose.
But it's really the only supplement Ray Peat always recommends and I suggest using it every day. 400 I.U. is the dosage I usually use but sometimes I increase it when I don't feel well. Vitamin E is protective for all cells - especially brain and heart.

Yes, milk will increase mucous production as it normalizes cell respiration.

peatarian

Birdie said:

You have rutin powder and bromelain now? I would use them for a few days before starting aspirin again. Just to be sure.

chris

Birdie said:
chris said:

Thanks.

peatarian said:
Birdie said:
chris said:

Yes, vitamin E oil was aimed at your dh's nose.
But it's really the only supplement Ray Peat always recommends and I suggest using it every day. 400.000 I.U. is the dosage I usually use but sometimes I increase it when I don't feel well. Vitamin E is protective for all cells - especially brain and heart.

Yes, milk will increase mucous production as it normalizes cell respiration.

Thank you. Will the mucous production from drinking milk lower over time if I continue to drink milk?
I will get some vitamin e, when you say 400.000 I.U. do you mean 400 I.U.? The same as 1 capsule unique e?

peatarian

Yes, it is 400 I.U. I re-read my posts because sometimes I confuse . with , any my computer corrects what I write in strange ways.
- you can check at the supplement section if you're not sure where to find it. I order vitamin E capsules at life extension. One capsule contains 400 I.U. Be careful not to use isolated alpha-Tocoperpherol. It will decrease the other vitamin E components and lead to a vitamin E deficiency.

The milk (or better: the calcium in it) will optimize your cell respiration. So the cells can breath, produce energy, die and differentiate at the best rate. Since mucous membrane cells are among the once with the fastest cell-division you will notice the improvement there first. It doesn't mean you'll drown in mucous one day. The cells don't grow uncontrollably. There is no too much of calcium that I'm aware of.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
peatarian said:
The milk (or better: the calcium in it) will optimize your cell respiration. So the cells can breath, produce energy, die and differentiate at the best rate. Since mucous membrane cells are among the once with the fastest cell-division you will notice the improvement there first. It doesn't mean you'll drown in mucous one day. The cells don't grow uncontrollably. There is no too much of calcium that I'm aware of.

Incredible, I did not know this. Thank you, Peatarian!

kiran

peatarian said:
No, I mean 400.000 I.U. - you can check at the supplement section if you're not sure where to find it. I order vitamin E capsules at life extension. One capsule contains 400.000 I.U. Be careful not to use isolated alpha-Tocoperpherol. It will decrease the other vitamin E components and lead to a vitamin E deficiency.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. 1 IU vitamin E is approximately 1mg. so 400,000 IU would be 400g, that's not right.

chris

Thanks again for the reply Peatarian. Are you saying that on this Peat diet I am going to have constant mucous for potentially the indefinite future? I'm not sure I could keep that up. I'm having to clear my throat every minute or so at the worst points.

Edit: Does anyone else have this mucous problem?

Birdie

Thanks, peatarian, I am using bromelain. 360mg tabs. Taking between or with meals as I remember it.

The rutin is in the mail.

I took one aspirin dissolved in water with food, yesterday. The same today. I haven't noticed any adverse reaction, so hopefully there was none. Will aspirin tub dose tonight along with epsom salts/baking soda.

I think I'll just wait on the oral aspirin for a few days then.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
chris said:
Thanks again for the reply Peatarian. Are you saying that on this Peat diet I am going to have constant mucous for potentially the indefinite future? I'm not sure I could keep that up. I'm having to clear my throat every minute or so at the worst points.

Yes, me. I had to actually stop drinking milk because it was causing inflammation everywhere, and badly. However, about 10 days ago I started milk back up, slight mucus in the beginning, now, NOTHING!!! I am so freaking excited about this you just dont even know. No inflammation that I can tell, no nothing, just a increase in basal temp.

:woo

peatarian

kiran said:
peatarian said:
No, I mean 400.000 I.U. - you can check at the supplement section if you're not sure where to find it. I order vitamin E capsules at life extension. One capsule contains 400.000 I.U. Be careful not to use isolated alpha-Tocoperpherol. It will decrease the other vitamin E components and lead to a vitamin E deficiency.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. 1 IU vitamin E is approximately 1mg. so 400,000 IU would be 400g, that's not right.

YES! It is 400 International Units. I went back and changed it because I didn't want anybody to ingest 400 thousand.
Thank you.

peatarian

Btw - I am sorry about the '.' in place of a ',' when it comes to large numbers. In Europe that's the opposite.

chris

Charlie said:
chris said:

Yes, me. I had to actually stop drinking milk because it was causing inflammation everywhere, and badly. However, about 10 days ago I started milk back up, slight mucus in the beginning, now, NOTHING!!! I am so freaking excited about this you just dont even know. No inflammation that I can tell, no nothing, just a increase in basal temp.

Other than mucous I have no issues with milk as far as I am aware. Did you do anything during your time away from milk you suspect has solved the inflammation issue?

J

j.

Charlie said:
chris said:

Good for you. I felt better when I upped my milk consumption, but you already ate tons of cheese.

nwo2012

chris said:
Charlie said:
chris said:

Other than mucous I have no issues with milk as far as I am aware. Did you do anything during your time away from milk you suspect has solved the inflammation issue?

I used to have those mucous issues but mostly I just have a little first thing in the morning now but some days none at all. However I also used to have a flatulence and even loose stools years ago with pasteurized milk. It was not as bad on raw milk. Since using tiny amounts of Cascara sagrada that has improved greatly and I have been able to safely increase milk without any such issues. Might be worth a try for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals