Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

milushq

What symptoms have you had Charlie, when you took too much thyroid? For me, I feel, it doesn't matter so much how much to take 2 grains or 4, it feels the same, or maybe I just don't know what to look for:):

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:threadjack :imsorry

When I first got the thyroid supplement pills I decided to take 2 pills even though everyone says to start off slow at around 1/2 a pill. Well, more is better right? :mrgreen: NO! I either had an adrenaline response, or went into hyperthyroid. My heart was racing, I was feeling really nervous, could not sleep for 2 days, I was a mess. So, I went with the standard advice and dropped down to 1/2 a pill, taking 1/4 pill in the morning and a 1/4 pill at lunch. I am doing much better now, my basal temp is slowly rising. My basal temp was around 97 when I started, its up to 97.5, so only .3 to go until I am considered normal.

These are the pills I am taking and they are definitely working. Starting off slowly is the best way to go, then raise a half grain or so every couple weeks until you get your temps where you want them, then stop increases there.

Pure Grade, Thyroid-S, 1000 Pack, 1 Grain, by Sriprasit Pharma Co., Ltd.

Make sure you check your basal temp right when you wake up before you get up out of bed. I use to wait till after I ate breakfast, and thats not the right way. That morning temp right before you get out of bed is really important. I didnt start checking it till I started thyroid supplement. I should have been checking it all along because it gives a much better picture then checking it after breakfast. Since I was checking it after breakfast, it made it look like I was doing better then I actually was. My basal temp was barely reaching 97 and thats not good at all.

Neuroleptic

Aspirin makes me feel great for about 30 minutes. Then it makes me feel like crap. I get sort of cranky and foggy headed. I tried taking a 81mg tablet, and I didn't make me feel great like the 325mg tablets do and I still felt like crap afterwards.

milushq

I'm on Thyroid-S too for about three month now. Before that I've tried American Biologics Thyroid Glandular, recommended by Lita Lee. I didn't have any of side effects you described on either of them. I've tried to measure my temps, but they always seemed to be near perfect. Dr. Peat says temps are not always reliable, because many factors can raise body temperature, like stress hormones(so your first morning temp. may be a result of high cortisol levels), very hot humid climate(that's what we have here in Israel). In cases like this pulse rate is more meaningful than body temps. Charlie, have you tested your TSH levels before and after some time on thyroid supplement? I've read just today Ray's old newsletter from 2003, where he discuss Thyroid health issues and he thinks TSH should be near zero, about 0.2 to 0.4. My last reading was 2.1, before I started to supplement. I'm going to make a new test soon to see, how this affected my TSH.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I had it tested a couple months before I started thyroid-s and my TSH was 1.03.

Shrimp

Anyone ever get hives from aspirin? I usually get a single large hive on my face in the same spot an hour or so after taking a small amount of pure aspirin (just starch filler) or other NSAIDS (ibuprofuen). It's not itchy or anything but it is quite visible, and goes away in about an hour. I don't have any other negative reactions to the aspirin, but I'm wondering if this is a sign that I shouldn't use it.

nwo2012

Ive been using 2-3g of aspirin daily with 10mg K2 successfully for past 5 days or so. I feel great, no bleeding problems so far. In fact it gives me this really mellow feeling all day long.

Yves

Anyone have issues with stomach pain (like ukcer like)? I'm taking 1-2 325mg tabs a day of the aspirin+starch formulation and also take vitamin K.

peatarian

I have been using 3g (6 times 500mg) of Bayer Aspirin for 2,5 years now. I use 1 'Super K' pill (contains K1 and K2) by LifeExtension a day.
Ray Peat told me to dissolve the aspirin in water so that's what I do. I always use it after eating something.
I have never had any kind of trouble. No bruising, no bleeding, nothing.

Once the vitamin K ran out and I didn't have any for two weeks. Since I drink 2 litres of milk every day I still had enough vitamin K obviously. I use aspirin in the bathing water, too.

Since aspirin proved to prevent (and treat) nearly every kind of cancer (I think lung cancer its the only exception) everyone I know is using at least 500mg of aspirin a day. They all dissolve it in water first. No problems from anyone ever.

Yves

Ok thanks for sharing your experience. I'll have to try dissolving aspirin in water more often, usually I just pop the tablet with a meal so maybe the concentrated acid is what is bothering me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peatarian, what is the benefits of dissolving it?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

GregW

Charlie said:
Peatarian, what is the benefits of dissolving it?

One advantage of dissolving is that you can remove the additives that are not water soluble. Skim off what floats or sinks. Aspirin does not easily dissolve in cold water. Hot water or a little sodium bicarb can help.

peatarian

True. But that's why I use Bayer Aspirin. It dissolves within seconds in cold water and sinks to the ground of the spoon or glass.

GregW

peatarian said:
True. But that's why I use Bayer Aspirin. It dissolves within seconds in cold water and sinks to the ground of the spoon or glass.
Sorry, I'm confused. If it dissolves in seconds then what sinks to the ground? If something sinks to the ground how do you know it is not the aspirin. I have pure powdered aspirin and it does not dissolve easily in cold water. Maybe the Bayer aspirin is in a salt form, which is why the sodium bicarb helps the acid form dissolve better.

peatarian

Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) decomposes rapidly in solutions of ammonium acetate or of the acetates, carbonates, citrates or hydroxides of the alkali metals. ASA is stable in dry air, but gradually hydrolyses in contact with moisture to acetic and salicylic acids. In solution with alkalis, the hydrolysis proceeds rapidly and the clear solutions formed may consist entirely of acetate and salicylate.[126]

I am afraid "dissolve" is not the right word. "Disintegrate" would describe it better. The white, solid stuff sinks to the bottom, it doesn't dissolve. Sorry.

[mod="Charlie"]Please check thread below for possible clarification.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3438[/mod]

GregW

peatarian said:
I am afraid "dissolve" is not the right word. "Disintegrate" would describe it better. The white, solid stuff sinks to the bottom, it doesn't dissolve. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply. I was confused. Are you drinking the powder at the bottom?

If you want to dissolve it like Peat suggested to you, then you could try some heat or baking soda. I can't see any purpose to only disintegrating it.

peatarian

I pour away the water at least twice, usually three times and only use the white powder on the bottom. Ray Peat wrote that he used the crystallized **** and keeps it frozen before he uses it. but I can't find a pharmacy in Germany that will sell crystallized **** to me.

nwo2012

peatarian said:
I have been using 3g (6 times 500mg) of Bayer Aspirin for 2,5 years now. I use 1 'Super K' pill (contains K1 and K2) by LifeExtension a day.
Ray Peat told me to dissolve the aspirin in water so that's what I do. I always use it after eating something.
I have never had any kind of trouble. No bruising, no bleeding, nothing.

Once the vitamin K ran out and I didn't have any for two weeks. Since I drink 2 litres of milk every day I still had enough vitamin K obviously. I use aspirin in the bathing water, too.

Since aspirin proved to prevent (and treat) nearly every kind of cancer (I think lung cancer its the only exception) everyone I know is using at least 500mg of aspirin a day. They all dissolve it in water first. No problems from anyone ever.

Nice info, will grab some of the super k
Thanks mate.