Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

Yves

Peatarian, I'm pretty sure the white powder is the starch.. acetylsalicylic acid is water soluble.

peatarian

Yves said:
Peatarian, I'm pretty sure the white powder is the starch.. acetylsalicylic acid is water soluble.

Yes, there will be the cellulose in there. If you use hot water the powder will dissolve, leaving the cellulose powder swimming in the liquid. You can filter it out then. I have to admit I am too lazy for that. I never had any trouble with this very small amount of cellulose.

peatarian

No, sorry, still didn't get the PM.
Considering Ray Peat's sugar attitude you are probably the coolest dad ever...

nwo2012

peatarian said:
No, sorry, still didn't get the PM.
Considering Ray Peat's sugar attitude you are probably the coolest dad ever...

Yes most of the time.............except on liver day and then on oyster day. :lol:

peatarian

gummybear said:

At that time the dosage for aspirin recommended by doctors was 8 to 31g! They fed their patients 'handfuls of ****, over and over again'.
And even at these extreme dosages only 3% of the so treated patients developed pulmonary edema -- one of the reasons why people died of the spanish influenza in 1918/1919. I read a lot of 'not sure', 'still a mystery', 'not understood completely', 'could be', 'might be' e.c. in there ... The last link doesn't mention any side effects of aspirin.

If you stick to the upper limit of 3g a day and use vitamin K you should be safe.

Another suggestion: Do not trust any information coming from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
If you ever find the time to read the (very thick, very brilliant) book by Peter Duesberg 'Inventing the Aids-Virus' you'll understand that most of todays 'viral diseases' have little to do with viruses. The history of virology (the first 500 pages of the book) is the best I've ever read. You'll find lots of information there you might recognize from Ray Peat's newsletters.

nwo2012

pete said:
Spanish Flu of 1918: Could It Happen Again?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AvianFlu/story?id=1183172#.UIGw1ZJiMRM

It started on a small military base in central Kansas, when one soldier came down with a fever. Within a few hours, about 100 soldiers had reported to the Fort Riley infirmary with the same complaint.

By 1919, one year later, the so-called Spanish flu had spread around the world ...

An elite's wet dream.

Birdie

My notes say that on a WBM interview, Ray advised 1mg vit K per 1 aspirin (325mg).

milushq

Hi, guys! I have one more warning, which everyone should consider to check while taking even the smallest doses of aspirin, like I did(a quarter of a 325 mg tablet every day). My blood folate levels have dropped significantly during the last few months. So, when I started searching for the reasons of such a quick drop(which was strange considering I eat liver every week), I found this - "When taken for long periods of time, aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and other anti-inflammatory medications can also increase the body's need for L-5-MTHF (folate)."
I've ordered Metabolic maintenance 5-MTHF(they have it only in very high doses of 10 mg). I'm stopping aspirin for a while, cause I want my folate levels back to normal ASAP(I'm trying to conceive). I wish, someone would have told me that before, that there is more to taking aspirin on a daily basis than just vit.K.

peatarian

nwo2012 said:
pete said:
Spanish Flu of 1918: Could It Happen Again?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AvianFlu/story?id=1183172#.UIGw1ZJiMRM

It started on a small military base in central Kansas, when one soldier came down with a fever. Within a few hours, about 100 soldiers had reported to the Fort Riley infirmary with the same complaint.

By 1919, one year later, the so-called Spanish flu had spread around the world ...

An elite's wet dream.

Konrad Lorenz (the nobel laureate) said in one of his last interviews that 'racial cleansing' unfortunately didn't go far enough to reduce the world population. So it was a 'good thing' we had AIDS now.

peatarian

milushq said:
Hi, guys! I have one more warning, which everyone should consider to check while taking even the smallest doses of aspirin, like I did(a quarter of a 325 mg tablet every day). My blood folate levels droped significantly during last few months. So, when I started searching for the reasons of such a quick drop(which was strange considering I eat liver every week), I found this - "When taken for long periods of time, aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and other anti-inflammatory medications can also increase the body's need for L-5-MTHF (folate)."
I've ordered Metabolic maintenance 5-MTHF(they have it only in very high doses of 10 mg). I'm stopping aspirin for a while, cause I want my folate levels back to normal ASAP(I'm trying to conceive). I wish, someone told me that before, that there is more to taking aspirin on a daily basis than just vit.K.

I find it unlikely that 80 mg of aspirin have caused your folate level to drop. The quote you posted is the only one I could find mentioning interactions between ASA and FA. There is not one reference to prove this assumption. I have been using 3g of aspirin a day for two and a half years now and my blood tests are perfect. (I get them 5 times a year since I donate blood regularly.) I just re-checked my last vitamin and mineral status and it was perfect. I use vitamin E orally (400.000 I.U. daily), niacinamid and vitamin K and vitamin A and D3 as oils on the skin. I hardly ever eat vegetables and never green leaves. Nevertheless my folic acid is in the upper range.

Your blood test will be effected by many things and there will probably be other parameters which are not as they should be.
May I ask for your TSH, CRP, B12, vitamin A and D3, iron, ferritin, thrombocytes, estrogen, albumin (plasma and urine) and cortisol and prolactin? If you want you can send me a PM. I have had many friends who have tried to get pregnant during the last years. None of them used folic acid supplements because the evidence for their safety was (and still is) shaky at best (see below).
I would recommend you try to get enough folic acid through your diet and quit the supplements.

Have you tried progest-e-complex? In 10 of 10 cases that turned out to be the 'missing ingredient' since estrogen is usually the obstacle to a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Have you read Ray Peat's article on eclampsia? He doesn't suggest using aspirin during the last weeks of pregnant but I think I remember he suggested it to some women with high estrogen levels when they were trying to conceive. Why don't you ask him?

1. High doses (above 15 mg) can cause stomach problems, sleep problems, skin reactions, and seizures. L-5-MTHF supplementation can mask vitamin B12 deficiency, which can cause permanent damage to your nervous system. Thus, L-5-MTHF supplementation should always include vitamin B12.
http://www.meta-ehealth.com/site/office ... ticle=4947
((This is the link to the quote you posted.))

2. It is suggested that the low serum FA concentration and rapid plasma clearance of 3HPGA in RA might reflect ASA-induced alterations of FA binding, resulting in a redistribution rather than deficiency of this vitamin.
http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.o ... l;38/4/405

3. Further research is needed to determine whether measurement of unmetabolized FA in plasma samples would provide additional information to recent suggestions that fortification with FA has an association with adverse health outcomes.
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/1/189.short

4. In addition to food fortification, women that could become pregnant are generally advised to take a multivitamin containing at least 0.4mg of folic acid daily. Women at high risk of NTDs may be advised to take higher doses. But as higher doses of folic acid can mask the symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency, higher doses warrant medical advice and supervision.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... mentation/

5. Studies of folic acid supplementation are raising flags about the potential risks of therapy, possibly as a result of excessive consumption.

6. Periconceptional folic acid use is associated with epigenetic changes in IGF2 in the child that may affect intrauterine programming of growth and development with consequences for health and disease throughout life. These results indicate plasticity of IGF2 methylation by periconceptional folic acid use.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... mentation/

I would rather warn people about folic acid supplements than about aspirin.

milushq

Hi, Peatarian! I really appreciate you spent your time on replying to my message. Thank you for suggestions and all the links, I will deffinetly check them all. You're right, I do have some other issues and I would appriciate your advice, I just don't know, would it be appropriate to discuss it here? I'll send you the results of my recent blood work in a private message, as you suggest, and then, if you'll find my case may be interesting for other members, I don't mind posting it all here. I hesitate to bother Dr.Peat with my health issues, he's a busy man, so as you, I suppose, but I can't restrain myself from your offer, I need every piece of advice I could get from knowledgeable and successful in this diet approach people like yourself. Thanks again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Milushq, feel free to start your own thread if you like with you bloods results and questions you need answered.

peatarian

@milushq - please don't hesitate to send me a PM whenever you feel like it.
If I'm on a business trip I will answer as soon as I return.
I don't think everything has to be shared ... If you wish to post something, it's up to you. I however will never disclose what's been sent to me as Private Message.
I can imagine how difficult this time is for you and I'm really happy to help.

peatarian

gummybear said:
" The problem with K2 is that a large dose will essentially remove calcium from the blood stream thus actually worsening the blood thinning temporarily. But you should be ok if you apply it on skin."

http://www.peatarian.com/?qa=4926/preve ... n-hangover

What should be bad about 'removing calcium from the blood stream'? As far as I understand vitamin K, it makes sure calcium stays in the bones and is not transported into the blood. That would be a bad development - as seen when there is not enough calcium in the diet. That's something vitamin K prohibits.

"K2 is more potent and has the widest range of activity. Far more active than K1 in both bone formation and reduction of bone loss, K2 is also the form in which vitamin K has been found to protect against arterial calcification and the oxidation (free radical damage) of LDL cholesterol. (Schurgers LJ, Dissel PE, et al. Z Kardiol 2001; Jono S, Ikari Y, et al. Thromb Haemost 2004)"
http://blogs.webmd.com/integrative-medi ... ssels.html ((Lot of nonsense on that page, too, but it explains vitamin K pretty simple.))

'As bones lose calcium, the soft tissues calcify; when less calcium is eaten, blood calcium may increase, along with calcium in many organs and tissues; if an organ such as the heart is deprived of calcium for a short time, its cells lose their ability to respond normally to calcium, and instead they take up a large, toxic amount of calcium.'

As far as I know there are no bad side effect to vitamin K (neither K1 nor K2) as long as you don't grossly overdose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals