Another Peat Inspired Diet On The Horizon

Dutchie

While browsing on YT, I came across this video. It looks like a heavy inspired Peat diet called "Meats&Sweets"

tanya48

Yes, when I ate Carnivorish, I followed Tracy and Don. After a few years of eating strict carnivore, Tracy and her husband realized they'd do better with a bit of added fruit and some wild honey. So they wrote a book called Meats & Sweets. They did say they were influenced by Ray Peat, though they don't subscribe to everything he recommends. I know they stay away from fruit juice and dairy, for instance.

Here's another good video by Tracy:

OP
D

Dutchie

@tanya48 From what I've seen in one of their last videos,they do incorporate dairy;cheese and yoghurt.

Peat inspired was certainly the most delicious diet,I ate,but it seems to not love me back.

tanya48

Ah, ok, so they must have added dairy recently. Good.

Why do yo think the diet doesn't "love you back"?

Maljam

How many people are going to rip off Ray Peat, package it into their own brand and make a living out of it? Her website just looks like every other Ray Peat "spin off" to come out ever, carrot salad recipes, bone broth recipes. She claims we should eat foods close to what our ancestors eat but then has pictures of coca cola in the dietary advice section?

Another rip off hack of Peat himself, I wish people would give him money rather than these opportunistic copycats.

OP
D

Dutchie

She gives Ray credit,but when confronted with a similar critic,her only defend is that Don does his own research (which is kind of a weak argument).

@tanya48 I know so,bc I've tried it several years ago and my body got so broken that I'm now still stuck with (some) of its repercussions.

She gives Ray credit,but when confronted with a similar critic,her only defend is that Don does his own research (which is kind of a weak argument).

@tanya48 I know so,bc I've tried it several years ago and my body got so broken that I'm now still stuck with (some) of its repercussions.

What happened?

OP
D

Dutchie

What happened?

From the top of my head:

- digestive system started functioning worse
- Hair loss started
- Unflattering hairgrowth started in unfeminine spots
- Nocturnia started
- Developed moles/age spots or whatever they are all over my body
- Face aged
- fatgain (which I still hardly can't seem to shed....majority around my belly)
- Temp never. increased (it increased a bit from the moment I stopped this way of eating)
- Became very sensitive to foods and over the years sensitivities to things like; histamine,salicylates and oxalates presented themselves (as if my body wanted to purge things from before)
- Low energy started to set in.

I'm probably forgetting things,but these are the major ones that come to mind.
My liver,gut and who knows what else most likely can't handle this type of diet,no matter how much work I put in it to heal them. Also I discovered afterwards I have genes that are negatively impacted by fructose. I don't believe that this 'diet' is a miracle cure and obtainable for evryone.
Before people say 'you did it wrong' or start throwing around studies.....at the time I'd worked with a Peat-inspired coach, didn't help,was basically only told to monitor my temps and eat more.

Maljam

From the top of my head:

- Hair loss started
- Nocturnia started
- Face aged
- Temp never. increased (it increased a bit from the moment I stopped this way of eating)
- Became very sensitive to foods and over the years sensitivities to things like; histamine,salicylates and oxalates presented themselves (as if my body wanted to purge things from before)

My liver,gut and who knows what else most likely can't handle this type of diet,no matter how much work I put in it to heal them. Also I discovered afterwards I have genes that are negatively impacted by fructose. I don't believe that this 'diet' is a miracle cure and obtainable for evryone.
Before people say 'you did it wrong' or start throwing around studies.....at the time I'd worked with a Peat-inspired coach, didn't help,was basically only told to monitor my temps and eat more.

What do you eat now Dutchie? I also have lingering issues from the "Peat diet"

Broken man

From the top of my head:

- Hair loss started
- Nocturnia started
- Face aged

Ye I think that the truth is that Ray Peat diet is not good like people think and that only diet will not heal you. Peat is good guy but his advice is not practical like it should be because he is trying to be practical. The only thing that can help Somebody is to built mindset/thinking/ brain that will help you with learning and experimenting on your own.

OP
D

Dutchie

What do you eat now Dutchie? I also have lingering issues from the "Peat diet"

I'm now very sensitive to oxalates and endogenous oxalate production,so I basically eat some steamed cabbage everyday though I've been experimenting with adding white button mushrooms,which seem to be ok.

As for protein; I always eat ground beef and some salmon (and most times mackerel as well).
Then I add different cuts of beef or lamb(chops) depending on what I crave. Lately I've also been experimenting with some goat cheese again,bc I craved it so bad at one point,but the jury's still out whether it's doing me good. I do think I craved the cheese because of the calcium, my ca:ph ratio has probably been unfavorable for many years (especially in regards to the oxalate problem). Though I'm also wary about the calcium...

I don't know what it is,but I seem to not be able to have even one day where I don't have to have red meat (and even a considerable amount),otherwise I'm guaranteed to have low energy and constipation.

For fats; I cook with unrefined coconut oil and usually pour some extra virgin olive oil over my steamed cabbage. (and I also have mct oil,which I often take some during my meal and/or with supplements according to cravings).

OP
D

Dutchie

Are you speaking of the carnivore diet or a Ray Peat diet (if there even is such a thing), Dutchie?

I'm speaking of the RP diet. I've always been too hesitant to take the carnivore leap.

tanya48

I'm speaking of the RP diet. I've always been too hesitant to take the carnivore leap.

It's good short term as an elimination diet, in my opinion. I could never do it long-term, even if I though it was a healthy thing to do. I'd miss other flavors too much. Plus I think it's healthy (depending on the person) to add some fruit and veggies.

OP
D

Dutchie

The only thing that can help Somebody is to built mindset/thinking/ brain that will help you with learning and experimenting on your own.

Yes...studying and analyzing your diet is very helpful, though knowing too much (having gathered much info through the years) can also be counterproductive and debilitating.

tanya48

Yes...studying and analyzing your diet is very helpful, though knowing too much (having gathered much info through the years) can also be counterproductive and debilitating.

I totally agree. Sometimes, the more I read and study, the more confused i get. There are way too many conflicting opinions out there. Some doctors actually call all fruit "evil", while others, like Dr. Robert Morse, is a Frutarian (he looks healthy) and thinks it's the optimal food for humans. Go figure!

OP
D

Dutchie

@tanya48 By RP diet,I actually meant a RP inspired diet....so with whole fruits and (fruit)veggies (as per recommendation of my coach at the time). Basically what you see in diets like Meats & sweets and other inspired diets (don't know the names of these guys anymore).

From the top of my head:

- Hair loss started
- Nocturnia started
- Face aged

Nutritional background before RP-like Dieting? Did you tried ketogenic Diet? Sounds like Diabetes, which can be induced by high CHO Diets, even if RP has a differing theory.
P.S: Cucumber is low oxalate, low phytic Acid and can be easily peeled.

tanya48

@tanya48 By RP diet,I actually meant a RP inspired diet....so with whole fruits and (fruit)veggies (as per recommendation of my coach at the time). Basically what you see in diets like Meats & sweets and other inspired diets (don't know the names of these guys anymore).

Gosh, that's the diet I'm on now. I've just cut out dairy and eggs to see how I feel. I don't do well with grains and I may be intolerant of dairy. There isn't much left to eat!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals