Calling All Non-Dairy Peaty's

Richiebogie

Hi @tca300

You mentioned back in 2014 that your body and waste didn't smell bad on a vegan diet.

Have some of the bad smells returned due to the skim milk (eg animal protein) or is it the animal fat that causes odour?

T

tca300

Hi @tca300

You mentioned back in 2014 that your body and waste didn't smell bad on a vegan diet.

Have some of the bad smells returned due to the skim milk (eg animal protein) or is it the animal fat that causes odour?
Gelatin and liver seem to be the biggest culprits for me.

Richiebogie

Hi @tca300

I guess using deodorant and toilet freshener are small negatives if your mood is better and your mind is clearer.

Interesting you have gone from 110g protein to 187g!

Have you tried eating less protein to lower methionine and put less strain on your kidneys, say? Eg. By consuming less skim milk?

What sort of effects do you feel if you have only 4 cups of skim milk per day and more fruit to keep the calories constant?

(I am currently eating about 45g protein per day from fruit and salads so low protein is survivable for a few months, but it may not be optimal!)

Also, you don't get much vitamin k. Have you considered adding 20g of leafy greens to cover that?

Last edited:
T

tca300

Hi @tca300

I guess using deodorant and toilet freshener are small negatives if your mood is better and your mind is clearer.

Interesting you have gone from 110g protein to 187g!

Have you tried eating less protein to lower methionine and put less strain on your kidneys, say? Eg. By consuming less skim milk?

What sort of effects do you feel if you have only 4 cups of skim milk per day and more fruit to keep the calories constant?

(I am currently eating about 45g protein per day from fruit and salads so low protein is survivable for a few months, but it may not be optimal!)

Also, you don't get much vitamin k. Have you considered adding 20g of leafy greens to cover that?
I do bodybuilder/strength training and train others for a living, so eating deficient amounts of protein isn't an option, even though I have tried before on vegan diets etc... I've been down the low protein road way more times than I would like to admit. Arguably most of my issues stemmed from protein deficiency in the first place. High protein diets dont burden healthy kidneys, its when kidneys are already compromised that extra protein can be an issue.
Nutrition charts dont show it, but liver and milk both have vitamin K, and I supplement K Mk4.
Going low protein, makes me frozen, I get muscle tears, muslce mass starts to deteriorate rapidly, I have no energy, libido disappears, and I catch every cold I come across. I have experienced all those symptoms 100% of the time when my brain trys to tell me to lower protein and eat more sugars and or fats.
There is a sweet spot with protein and humans. Too much and or too low causes cortisol to elevate. Which is why in my opinion long term vegans and or high meat eaters dont age well.

Richiebogie

Thanks for your reply @tca300

I'm not sure if your body needs 187g protein or if the skim milk is providing some other nutrient like vitamin k in such small amounts that you need 16 cups of it to satisfy your requirements.

The same thing might go for the 2kg of potatoes. It may not have been the protein it supplied that kept you going... That much potato gives about 52% of your daily vitamin k needs!

Still, I don't know about all your other experiments which may indeed prove that you and most people require around 187g protein!

Do keep tweaking and testing to see if you can obtain better performance, better healing, thicker, more colourful hair etc.

Dropping dairy stopped my asthma but that may have been due to the dairy fat... Maybe skim milk would be safe for me...

T

tca300

Thanks for your reply @tca300

I'm not sure if your body needs 187g protein or if the skim milk is providing some other nutrient like vitamin k in such small amounts that you need 16 cups of it to satisfy your requirements.

The same thing might go for the 2kg of potatoes. It may not have been the protein it supplied that kept you going... That much potato gives about 52% of your daily vitamin k needs!

Still, I don't know about all your other experiments which may indeed prove that you and most people require around 187g protein!

Do keep tweaking and testing to see if you can obtain better performance, better healing, thicker, more colourful hair etc.

Dropping dairy stopped my asthma but that may have been due to the dairy fat... Maybe skim milk would be safe for me...
I dont think most people need 180+ grams of protein. Most people aren't engaging in very strenuous activity, with a history of extreme pufa intake that most likely damaged the enzymes involved in protein digestion, along with having a very high metabolic rate currently, all of which increase protein consumption needs.
Ray thinks most people only need 80-100grams of protein per day, and up to around 30 grams of which could be gelatinous protein.
If milk gives you issues, use another protein that doesn't, and balance it with eggshell and gelatin.

Richiebogie

Thanks @tca300
It is great that you have read all the vegan theory, diligently trialled it and lived it, found problems, and then sought out and found a better way through self testing!
I might up my protein by 10g per day or so as I am eating a lot of calories but I am already lean and keep losing weight. I will try a protein source with some more methionine in it than fruit and salad offer!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals