Another Peat Inspired Diet On The Horizon

Gosh, that's the diet I'm on now. I've just cut out dairy and eggs to see how I feel. I don't do well with grains and I may be intolerant of dairy. There isn't much left to eat!

Be happy about your intolerances, they guide you the way to good Foods like Meats, Fish and Eggs. Just consume Calcium Carbonate, which simulates Bone intake; Meats, Butter and selected agreeable vegs sound like Restaurant Dieting to me.

tanya48

Be happy about your intolerances, they guide you the way to good Foods like Meats, Fish and Eggs. Just consume Calcium Carbonate, which simulates Bone intake; Meats, Butter and selected agreeable vegs sound like Restaurant Dieting to me.

Lol, what's a "restaurant" dieting?

Lol, what's a "restaurant" dieting?

In my mind, it is the opposite of the Cafeteria Diet, which is an Animal Model of Junkfood exposure. Restaurant Diet would be Meat, Butter and agreeable salads, with Bone Broth or cheeses as side dishes.

OP
D

Dutchie

Nutritional background before RP-like Dieting? Did you tried ketogenic Diet? Sounds like Diabetes, which can be induced by high CHO Diets, even if RP has a differing theory.
P.S: Cucumber is low oxalate, low phytic Acid and can be easily peeled.

Before I just ate within an AIP Paleo framework.....even though I hadn't heard of Peat yet, I never was into nuts&seeds(oils),nor ate pork and hardly ever chicken at the time.
I'm on somewhat of ketogenic (low carb) diet,though I eat too much protein according to keto macros.
Thanks for the suggestion....however I don't tolerate cucumber(&zucchini) (even when I peel and deseed). I think one reason is because it's high in lectins.

@tanya48 I haven't eaten grains in years either,nor legumes (never liked them anyway) and don't tolerate eggs either....the jury isn't out yet on (non-cow) dairy,but it seems that it can never be a staple either. Honestly,I think I'd love if I was able to tolerate meats&fish and fruits to my liking (along with some veggies)....and maple syrup.;)

tanya48

Before I just ate within an AIP Paleo framework.....even though I hadn't heard of Peat yet, I never was into nuts&seeds(oils),nor ate pork and hardly ever chicken at the time.
I'm on somewhat of ketogenic (low carb) diet,though I eat too much protein according to keto macros.
Thanks for the suggestion....however I don't tolerate cucumber(&zucchini) (even when I peel and deseed). I think one reason is because it's high in lectins.

@tanya48 I haven't eaten grains in years either,nor legumes (never liked them anyway) and don't tolerate eggs either....the jury isn't out yet on (non-cow) dairy,but it seems that it can never be a staple either. Honestly,I think I'd love if I was able to tolerate meats&fish and fruits to my liking (along with some veggies)....and maple syrup.;)

I hear you! I'd love to be a Frutarian if I could. LOL.

Broken man

Yes...studying and analyzing your diet is very helpful, though knowing too much (having gathered much info through the years) can also be counterproductive and debilitating.
Ye but what I wanted to say is that Ray Peat is using things like thyroid, antibiotics and so on.... That could be a reason why the diet is not working for you.

OP
D

Dutchie

Ye but what I wanted to say is that Ray Peat is using things like thyroid, antibiotics and so on.... That could be a reason why the diet is not working for you.

True....a succesful diet,in my opinion,should be about the abillity to decrease supplements,antibiotics etc....preferably needing nothing anymore (or a tiny amount).

Vegancrossfit

Well if we go by our most BASIC anatomy we can look at our tongue and its tastebuds: sugar and salt come first.

I think it tells us that seafood and fruit+honey should be at the base of our food pyramid

Vegancrossfit

Note that I don’t know the anatomy of other mammals and what their tongue tastebud profile is like so my reasoning may be flawed. But I don’t think there’s anything random in our anatomy.

OP
D

Dutchie

In that case I suppose I don't have a basic Anatomy or it's damaged beyond repair,because I couldn't survive on such a diet.

Maljam

Well if we go by our most BASIC anatomy we can look at our tongue and its tastebuds: sugar and salt come first.

I think it tells us that seafood and fruit+honey should be at the base of our food pyramid

How could seafood ever be the base of a diet, when thinking about how many people dont live near the sea? Some countries are even land locked. Thinking about our ancestors, there just wouldn't be the availability of sea food. It doesn't make sense IMO.

Some seafood is also high in random nutrients, like manganese, copper, certain B's. I think using it as a base of a diet you would soon get far too much of one thing and not enough of others. Better to have it in small amounts and not daily.

I believe the tongue - organ is primarily a Sensor of Danger, and not dietary choice; we can taste, so we can detect Toxin and decomposition, putrefaction. The sensation would constitute patterns of sweet, salt, sour and bitterness.

Vegancrossfit

How could seafood ever be the base of a diet, when thinking about how many people dont live near the sea? Some countries are even land locked. Thinking about our ancestors, there just wouldn't be the availability of sea food. It doesn't make sense IMO.

your opinion is a thing but let me show you some data

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals