Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

Peatful

Liverwurst!

rebuke

Interesting experiment. I think a lot of people could get on board with the "croissant, pancakes, pasta, cheeseburgers, pizza, ice cream, red wine and beer" diet. Do it with unfortified flour, if you can, but he even mentions restaurant cheats.

Someone should do this diet while logging food, so as to control for calories and macros. But it's awesome he seemed to successfully replicate a mouse experiment. And Food Grade steric acid isn't that expensive, either.

I'm tagging this, maybe give this a shot in the New Year? Hmmmmmm.......
I have been looking for unenriched flour, its illegal to sell and import it in Canada. Anyone have a lead?

somuch4food

I have been looking for unenriched flour, its illegal to sell and import it in Canada. Anyone have a lead?

I've seen All purpose flours made of einkorn or khorasan/kamut which are wheat varieties and they are not fortified. I haven't tried it yet though.

DiabloQueso

FireInABottle said:
everything I learned suggested that olive oil could cause weight gain.
Awesome, the one oil Ray is okay with from a PUFA perspective and it has other problems.

Aymen

maybe it's good if someone makes at home with butter and Home made, slowly leavened bread which contains much less gluten than the instantly leavened bread most bakeries sell, if you go out home and you buy crosisant then be certain thatt it's made from instantly leavened bread and margarine.

OP
Julian

Julian

Croissants are just the delivery vehicle for more stearic acid. Anything flour based (healthy traditions has unfortified flour) would do because it's great at absorbing fat. It's also delicious. However, if you use the stearic acid enriched butter oil in multiple dishes you could probably get away with avoiding flour. It's just easier and it worked for him because he has a background in french cuisine.

Exactly! I find it funny that so many people jump on the Croissants thing. That's totally beside the point... I think the most important question here is: What is the underlying mechanism for the results in the mice study + his experiment?

Lollipop2

Enjoy!! (With a croissant)
LoL...

I looked at the second link’s site and found at least 10 different artisan white chocolates with no soy or sunflower lecithin. Oh did I ever do the whole chocolate happy dance :dance

I know what I am giving myself for the holidays...

Mauritio

Super interesting!
How would you guys rate cacao butter ? Too much mufa?
Also hydrogenated coconut oil has like 7 percent stearic acid and by far the best ratio of sfa to pufa.

Lollipop2

I've seen All purpose flours made of einkorn or khorasan/kamut which are wheat varieties and they are not fortified. I haven't tried it yet though.
The Einkorn is to die for good! I only use that for all my baking needs. No gluten type of reaction in either myself or my husband.

somuch4food

The Einkorn is to die for good! I only use that for all my baking needs. No gluten type of reaction in either myself or my husband.

That's good to know. I might try some soon then. I would certainly feel less guilty when baking goods with a non fortified flour.

Kartoffel

Blossom

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals