Allithiamine Experience / Could anyone recommend a better B1 Supplement?

mad539

Do you guys get stomach pain after using TTFD (Thiamaxx)? It seems i'm the only one who gets it..

Ben.

Do you guys get stomach pain after using TTFD (Thiamaxx)? It seems i'm the only one who gets it..

not stomache pain but for an hour or so i have this wierd taste in my mouth coming from the stomache. Realy unpleasant and annyoing.

Also benefital cognitive effects like more focus etc. maybe last 1-2,5 hours and after that i get a realy bad crash ... a little like headache but more like a energy/sugar crash where i can barely listen or keep my eyes open for a duration of 5-15 minutes.

taking it with magnesium/other b vitamins doesnt make much of a difference in the way i feel with it.

OP
fr@

fr@

No, just that allithiamine smells of sulfur, that's why you can taste/smell it after taking a capsule.
Got it, thanks.

So far, I've already tried:

- Allithiamine and it has it's immediate benefits but the sulfuric smell that I'm getting after taking it gets me worried
- Next is Thiamine HCL and I didn't notice anything (probably a waste of money?)

The next ones would be:

- Sulbutiamine
- and Thiamine Pyrophosphate (as recommended by Pina)

Maybe someone could share a B1 Supplement that works for them.

OP
fr@

fr@

benefital cognitive effects like more focus etc. maybe last 1-2,5 hours and after that i get a realy bad crash ... a little like headache but more like a energy/sugar crash where i can barely listen or keep my eyes open for a duration of 5-15 minutes.

taking it with magnesium/other b vitamins doesnt make much of a difference in the way i feel with it.
Thanks for the details, I could somehow relate with my Allithiamine experience.

But do you still take any TTFD or have you found a better B1 Supplement?

@mad539

Were you taking it on an empty stomach or with a meal (small/large)?

mad539

Were you taking it on an empty stomach or with a meal (small/large)?
With or without meal, doesn't seem to matter. I think i might be having a issue with sulfur, so i'm going to take some molybdenum and see if that helps.

Korven

Got it, thanks.

- Allithiamine and it has it's immediate benefits but the sulfuric smell that I'm getting after taking it gets me worried
- Next is Thiamine HCL and I didn't notice anything (probably a waste of money?)

The next ones would be:

- Sulbutiamine
- and Thiamine Pyrophosphate (as recommended by Pina)

Maybe someone could share a B1 Supplement that works for them.

How much thiamine HCL did you take?

I also smell like sulfur after taking allithiamine and it feels kind of "toxic" for lack of a better word.

I much prefer thiamine HCL but I think you need to take like 2 grams to match 100 mg of allithiamine.

Korven

You also need magnesium to convert thiamine into its active form - thiamine pyrophosphate,

Bluebell

Nothing to worry about, it's like smelling of garlic after eating garlic.

If you like the effect of allithiamine, there is lipothiamine which is allithitamine with small amount of alpha lipoic acid, enteric coated so it releases further down your intestinal tract and the sulfur odor doesn't come out so much through your nose/mouth.

OP
fr@

fr@

Nothing to worry about, it's like smelling of garlic after eating garlic.

If you like the effect of allithiamine, there is lipothiamine which is allithitamine with small amount of alpha lipoic acid, enteric coated so it releases further down your intestinal tract and the sulfur odor doesn't come out so much through your nose/mouth.
I don't get a hint of any 'garlicky' smell after taking Allithiamine.
I could only describe the smell as something sulfuric (or maybe close to rubber?), and that's every time I exhale (after an hour or so after taking Allithiamine).
But to me, I just find the smell something a bit concerning and that maybe it's gonna cause issues in the long run?

Though I'm reconsidering taking Allithiamine again but only with a very low dose (lower than last time).
But at the same time, is there really a benefit to taking a B1 supplement if the B1 from the foods you eat covers more than your 'alleged' RDA?
And I'm also speculating that supplementing any B-vitamins more than its RDA can skew up the other B-vitamins, like a lever of some sort.

As with Lipothiamine, would the ALA be problematic (as it chelates Copper)?
I do get the idea of having it in an enteric coated capsule, so it goes further down the intestinal tract.

So another solution would be buying Empty Enteric Coated Capsules... now I don't know yet if there are recommended brands when it comes to this.

OP
fr@

fr@

How much thiamine HCL did you take?

I also smell like sulfur after taking allithiamine and it feels kind of "toxic" for lack of a better word.

I much prefer thiamine HCL but I think you need to take like 2 grams to match 100 mg of allithiamine.
100mg, and upon checking... it only says 'Thiamine' not Thiamine HCL.
But probably I'm already in a better state that I didn't notice anything immediate from the Thiamine I took.
Or maybe it's only the Allithiamine like supplements gives this 'immediate' benefits.
I'm going to try Allithiamine again but on a lower dose (lower than what I took last time).
If I still get that smell, I'll try Benfotiamine next.

And yes, I think 'Toxic' is a better way to describe the smell.
And I don't really know if it's Sulfur that I'm smell or something that's close to Rubber?

In regards to dosing Thiamine, does taking a large dose like 2grams have any side-effects?
'Cause from my guess, B-vitamins are like levers, kind of like an equalizer that some would go down if the other if way up high analogy.

As with taking Magnesium with Thiamine, is there a proper dose for it?
Would a teaspoon of Cacao Powder do it?

mad539

I know that toxic smell after taking TTFD, it was one of the main reasons i stopped taking it. I also got stomach pain and bloating from it, and just felt "ill". After supplementing molybdenum for some weeks (600mcg per day), i can say that i no longer have the side effects. I can still smell/taste the garlic/sulfur smell, but its no near that bad before supplementing molybdenum.

jnklheimer

I'm taking a stack of piracetam (600mg), phenibut (70mg), and I was getting nice effects from it. With just the piracetam I do get the enhanced focus and ability to do work for longer periods of time, but it feels a little "cold". I can get down to work for long hours but the desire isn't really that strong to think very creatively. The phenibut took care of that and gave a little euphoria but unfortunately tolerance set in quickly and I'm not keen to raise the dose. I still get some nice relaxation from it which helps the focus. I hope the effects of this combination last for awhile because when I stop taking it I definitely lose this edge.

I just added 70mg of fursultiamine and I am experiencing a revitalization of very positive effects. It's been 3 days of using this combination of three substances now, and after I've taken them, I get a solid 8 hours of focus. I work in finance and I monitor the markets, and I've been able to find patterns and opportunities, and keep interest high in pursuing related projects. Some technical skills which just didn't seem interesting to me in the past but which are necessary to success in this field, all of a sudden, are very interesting to me and I find myself picking up concepts and being willing to experiment and learn by experience all of a sudden. The allithiamine definitely feels pro-dopamine.

All of the above I can achieve by spending time in beautiful nature areas and having positive social contact but due to not being fabulously wealthy at this moment in time, I can't really afford to drive out to the mountains every morning, or eat really high quality and varying foods. I sometimes will have a very nice interaction with an employee at a store and the feeling I get from that almost can entirely give these positives (except perhaps the lessened fatigue after long hours) so they are definitely just a tool for achieving what everyone should be blessed enough to get in just their normal course of life. These substances also help offset some of the negative implications of living around people who are not so healthy emotionally and act in negative ways, which I have to experience due to simply living amongst normal society.

I took the alinamin tablets from takeda a cpl years ago and I remember a very similar effect too. Since then I always wanted to try again, and now I remember why I always kept allithiamine on my mind as something to keep in the supplement cupboard. I never got such good effects from thiamine hcl or benfotiamine.

Last edited:
OP
fr@

fr@

I know that toxic smell after taking TTFD, it was one of the main reasons i stopped taking it. I also got stomach pain and bloating from it, and just felt "ill". After supplementing molybdenum for some weeks (600mcg per day), i can say that i no longer have the side effects. I can still smell/taste the garlic/sulfur smell, but its no near that bad before supplementing molybdenum.

@mad539

I've now felt some sort of relief knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing something unusual with Allithiamine... haha.
But isn't Molybdenum causing more negative effects than the positives (as it's more of a chelator than anything else)?
'Cause I've had my short experience with it back then, kind of a bid scary as felt cold (and some minor aching of bones) after a few minutes of taking it.
And I tried Molybdenum 'cause I was suspecting Parasitic/Fungal/Mold/etc Issues that time.

@jnklheimer

Thanks for sharing.
So: Piracetam (600mg), Phenibut (70mg), Fursultiamine (70mg); gives you 'very' positive effects.
But what are downsides that you've experienced from taking those, seems like Piracetam is 'safer' than Adderall though?
Also isn't Fursultiamine also TTFD, so what brand do you use, also are you experiencing this Sulfuric Smell after taking it?
As with the Emotion/Behavioral, I'm just putting things in a perspective that I don't have to be so enthusiastic about what I know to other people.
'Cause sometimes, I get into this rabbit hole that what I know that's right seems to be authoritative when imposed to other people.
But yeah, I could attest to having more energy or just being in better health (not just being sliced or what not) that you have more capacity to be more compassionate.
Like hearing music in the background that absolutely is something that you don't like, but end up being okay with it just because you're in better health.

jnklheimer

@mad539

I've now felt some sort of relief knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing something unusual with Allithiamine... haha.
But isn't Molybdenum causing more negative effects than the positives (as it's more of a chelator than anything else)?
'Cause I've had my short experience with it back then, kind of a bid scary as felt cold (and some minor aching of bones) after a few minutes of taking it.
And I tried Molybdenum 'cause I was suspecting Parasitic/Fungal/Mold/etc Issues that time.

@jnklheimer

Thanks for sharing.
So: Piracetam (600mg), Phenibut (70mg), Fursultiamine (70mg); gives you 'very' positive effects.
But what are downsides that you've experienced from taking those, seems like Piracetam is 'safer' than Adderall though?
Also isn't Fursultiamine also TTFD, so what brand do you use, also are you experiencing this Sulfuric Smell after taking it?
As with the Emotion/Behavioral, I'm just putting things in a perspective that I don't have to be so enthusiastic about what I know to other people.
'Cause sometimes, I get into this rabbit hole that what I know that's right seems to be authoritative when imposed to other people.
But yeah, I could attest to having more energy or just being in better health (not just being sliced or what not) that you have more capacity to be more compassionate.
Like hearing music in the background that absolutely is something that you don't like, but end up being okay with it just because you're in better health.
Fursultiamine = ttfd
It’s also called allithiamine sometimes but that’s not technically correct. I use ecological formulas but I’ve used takeda too.

Piracetam seems reasonably safe. Ray has mentioned it before. Phenibut is safe too but is habit forming so doses should be minimal to achieve effect and tapered off after long use. Because high doses of phenibut are recreational (euphoria, social inhibition), there are many reports of abusing high doses and horror stories of withdrawing off of it similar to benzodiazepines. One can find reports of people taking grams of it.

OP
fr@

fr@

Fursultiamine = ttfd
It’s also called allithiamine sometimes but that’s not technically correct. I use ecological formulas but I’ve used takeda too.

Were you also getting this Sulfuric Smell (or unusual smell) coming from exhaling after taking it?

Piracetam seems reasonably safe. Ray has mentioned it before. Phenibut is safe too but is habit forming so doses should be minimal to achieve effect and tapered off after long use. Because high doses of phenibut are recreational (euphoria, social inhibition), there are many reports of abusing high doses and horror stories of withdrawing off of it similar to benzodiazepines. One can find reports of people taking grams of it.

Thanks, this good info.
But what are your thoughts on just taking Piracetam by itself, is it worth it?

jnklheimer

Were you also getting this Sulfuric Smell (or unusual smell) coming from exhaling after taking it?

Thanks, this good info.
But what are your thoughts on just taking Piracetam by itself, is it worth it?
you could try it. i dont notice any sulfur issues from ttfd.

OP
fr@

fr@

Keep your dose low and first and consider the TTFD version.
Just an update, now this makes sense to me.

'Cause recently I've been adding back Allithiamine, but I lowered the dose to approximately 10mg.

And so far I'm not experiencing any of that Sulfuric anymore, but at the same time I don't know if it's giving me any benefits.

Xisca

No recommendation, no "better", you have to try them all...
you also have to find YOUR cofactors before concluding it comes from the form you take...
Also the dose...
And if you have a sulfur issue, rub Mg sulfate (the famous epsom salts) on your skin, or in bath.
Sullfur intolerance comes from a sulfur deficiency, so transdermal is the way!

Makrosky

I sometimes will have a very nice interaction with an employee at a store and the feeling I get from that almost can entirely give these positives
Same here. Something as simple and as seemingly irrelevant and like that, can change the mood for some hours. Isolation is deadly. Good socialization is true health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals