A1 Vs A2 Milk - Is The Devil Really In The Milk?

Discussion in 'Doubts About Milk' started by ARK, Nov 28, 2012.

1. michael94

michael94 Member

Seems it has

2. Broken man

Broken man Member

This is really interesting thing. My father has celiac disease, he is also working on the cow farm and is drinking about 1-2 litres of raw cow milk every day. I am celiac too, I was diagnosed few months after him so we have the disease for almost same amount of time. I have celiac disease for about 4 years now and even I was using tons of supplements which cost alot of money, doing "ray peat" diet, am young, I still cant tolerate tiny amounts of gluten while my father even he has big belly and is bald can eat slice of wheat bread and will notice nothing. Why?.....:D

3. Logan-

Logan- Member

4. Broken man

Broken man Member

5. mt_dreams

mt_dreams Member

6. mt_dreams

mt_dreams Member

Sorry for switching from protein to fat .... Do you know anything regarding the de-fattening process with regards to goat's milk? All the goat milk available in my area has been de-fatted to either 2 or 3.5%. Does this process effect the fat molecules?

7. Logan-

Logan- Member

8. mt_dreams

mt_dreams Member

It would seem that goat milk fat adjusting uses the centrifuge method. I would imagine this causes the same potential issues that occur when converting cream to butter using agitation.

9. Logan-

Logan- Member

I do not know, hopefully someone with knowledge will give you a reply.

10. Carrum

Carrum Member

Frequently Asked Questions | a2 Milk® USA FAQs

11. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

:wave:

I wonder how often it is complete enough to not matter.

- Biologically Active Compounds in Milk (!)

upload_2020-1-8_20-13-39.png

- Values for digestible indispensable amino acid scores (DIAAS) for some dairy and plant proteins may better describe protein quality than values calculated using the concept for protein digestibility-corrected amino acid scores (PDCAAS)

12. Kvothe

Kvothe Member

Arcanist
    Much has been said about ß-casomorphin (7) from evil A1-milk. I wonder how potent other opioid agonist peptides produced from various milk proteins are. α-Lactorphin is made from α-lactalbumin, which is found in higher concentrations in human milk than in bovine milk. It would also be interesting to know more about how the balance of different amounts of peptides acting as opioid agonist, and the ones antagonizing the receptor proteins affect things.
    I think casein is much more digestible than meat proteins, and definitely the standard plant proteins like soy, corn, and wheat.

upload_2020-1-9_0-33-1.png

13. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

But the more peptides that are potentially problematic we have, the more concerning it gets to have it incomplete, it tends to get worse when less is broken down. It's worth comparing with the products of other proteid-rich foods.

14. Kvothe

Kvothe Member

Arcanist
    Yes, but i suspect that other proteins, from meat for instance, produce many such concerning peptides when digestion is weak, as well. Some are already know, there are probably many we don't yet know about. I already showed some evidence showing that meat proteins result in the production of much higher amounts of toxic putrefaction products, compared to casein. All of these factors have to be taken into account when evaluating a protein. I tolerate higher amounts of protein much better than I used to, but I feel that a large portion of meat is usually more upsetting for me than a large portion of cheese.

15. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

We can't lump all meats together and reduce them to fish meal, each may behave differently, and I would also be careful with the interpretation of casein because they provided it purified; it's lower in tryptophan and cysteine (they measured crap levels of indole and phenol, hydrogen sulfide, and ammonia) than less processed dairy products.

And just because such metabolites were decreased, it doesn't mean that it's going to be better overall. The rats was in robust shape and casein was the sole source of protein in their diet, in reality the person can be weakened and it will conflict with the digestion of other proteids.
    - Dairy Protein Digestion: Life in the Slow Lane | International Milk Genomics Consortium

The peptides that are deemed immunomodulatory can fuel inflammation depending on the context, and the complexity of dairy proteins tends to make it problematic. I doubt that a carnivore would fare better on cheese (making up for nutrients).

16. tca300

tca300 Member

Disclaimer, this is anecdotal with a small test subject and gene pool size.

For the past ~3 years I have averaged 2+ gallons per day ( then before that, 1 gallon for about 3 years, so 6+ years straight with at least 1 gallon of milk per day), wife about a quart, and daughters 1/2 gallon each. I've done A2 cows milk and Goat milk experiments with myself, wife and daughters for over a months time with each. The only differences we noticed was cost of food went up, and A2 makes my belly feel icky. But obviously others have had different results, so self experimentation is important.

17. LucyL

LucyL Member

My daughter can drink A2 milk without the stomach pain/headache she gets from regular milk. The rest of us don't notice any differences (and don't react badly to regular milk).