OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
We need more supplements of the 5ar reduced metabolites! 5slpha DeoxyCorticosterone could be good try!

But the way how can we explain the dopaminergic action of 5dhp?? Its obvious.. music sounds better, and more active in general.

Well, the master thread has a section on it lowering prolactin. Anything that lowers prolactin usually increases dopamine.

TubZy

Look at the 5a-DHP master thread. There is the so-called "backdoor pathway" which seems to be more efficient than even the main pathway from pregnenolone or DHEA to androsterone. Allopregnanolone can be directly converted to androsterone. That is why I said that 5a-DHP can be a pro-hormone for androgens such as DHT as well. That backdoor pathway is what causes virilization in people with 17,20-lyase deficiency (i.e. these people cannot produce androgens via the normal pathway from pregnenolone->DHEA) and prevents them from being eunuchs.
Backdoor pathway for dihydrotestosterone biosynthesis: Implications for normal and abnormal human sex development
https://endo.confex.com/endo/2016endo/webprogram/Paper28221.html

Thanks

DaveFoster

I wanted to give my review on 5a-DHP. I took it last night and this morning. Each time I did 7 drops. I will try to make this post short so I don't make it too overwhelming.

Pros:
-calmness
-definitely increase in libido
-when I woke up I had increase in vascularity and muscle hardness despite eating fast food and missing the gym the past week due to travel
-slept like a rock

Cons:
-the stuff would not come out of the bottle at all, I had to use a pair of pliers and scissors to remove the top dropper part. I used my old thorne k2 dropper to measure it, so not sure how accurate it was compared to the standard idea labs bottle dropper.

I am taking nothing else besides pregnenolone and dhea along with magnesium chloride due to travel. I did not take the preg/dhea the past two days though including today.

This is actually my favorite supplement so far, I am going to increase the dosage tonight though to 12 drops. I would also add I suffered sides from finasteride and never really tried progesterone due to the fear of the estrogen conversion. The fact that this can't convert to estrogen is why it's so interesting to me.

I'm also not fully convinced yet from the negative studies that Ray posted, as well.
You still using 5a-DHP TubZy, and if so did the positives stick?

BeLiKeWater

Hello Im ex finasteride user (5 years), sides are terrible never touch that.

Well during this pfs, I have noticed apart from the low libido etc... less interes in women, etc...

That at least 3 days I noticed men more, and I was appealed to them, I see some of them as very masculline, well you got the idea. Not sexually aroused but like atracted, to manly men.

Anyways that happened in the worst days that I though it was because those days I was very estrogenic.

Any ways there is a checkz study measuring bunch of hormones after 4 months of taking finasteride, there are huge changes in comparasion with normal population. Here is the study:

http://www.lf1.cuni.cz/Data/Files/PragueMedicalReport/pmr_110_2009_03/pmr2009a0025.pdf
So you can see that DHT is still inhibited very hard!! 10 times less DHT than normal population!

Allopregnalone also took a big hit, pfs users have an 1/3 of normal population allopregnenalone.

But I didnt know about this molecules Androsterone and Etiocholone.

Androtestosterone is reduced by 40% and Etiocholone is increased by 40%. That means that the ratios of this hormones are changed drastically.

Now here it comes the surprise look at this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1586258/pdf/brmedj01568-0031.pdf
Use http://www.sci-hub.bz/
to read the studies.

Its amazing!

Androsterone>Etiocholone means Heterosexual.
Etiocholone>Androsterone means Homosexual.

So yeah in resume:

- Never experienced any kind of atraction for males (me male) before finasteride, got "weirded out" regarding finding myself feeling atraction (not sexually) to males very masculine 3 times durig pfs. Discovered this could be due to a change in Androsterone to Etiocholone ratios.

Edit: I move this to Androsterone that is where it should be.

Last edited:

TubZy

You still using 5a-DHP TubZy, and if so did the positives stick?

Hey, yeah I am, sorry for late response. Yes, effects are still there, but I found the androsterone like effects (mentioned earlier) the musky smell are greater when I take both preg and 5a-dhp together.

DaveFoster

Hey, yeah I am, sorry for late response. Yes, effects are still there, but I found the androsterone like effects (mentioned earlier) the musky smell are greater when I take both preg and 5a-dhp together.
That's interesting about the smell; I'm still unsure about androsterone. It seems to make me into a bit of a zombie.

Does 5a-DHP greatly reduce anxiety for you; have the benzodiazepine effects stayed?

TubZy

That's interesting about the smell; I'm still unsure about androsterone. It seems to make me into a bit of a zombie.

Does 5a-DHP greatly reduce anxiety for you; have the benzodiazepine effects stayed?

Yes, it does help relax still for sure. The only thing I changed since I originally started is I take it with caffeine now earlier in the day so it's hard to gauge if the same exact benzo effect is there since I started.

chispas

Hello Im ex finasteride user (5 years), sides are terrible never touch that.

Well during this pfs, I have noticed apart from the low libido etc... less interes in women, etc...

That at least 3 days I noticed men more, and I was appealed to them, I see some of them as very masculline, well you got the idea. Not sexually aroused but like atracted, to manly men.

Anyways that happened in the worst days that I though it was because those days I was very estrogenic.

Any ways there is a checkz study measuring bunch of hormones after 4 months of taking finasteride, there are huge changes in comparasion with normal population. Here is the study:

http://www.lf1.cuni.cz/Data/Files/PragueMedicalReport/pmr_110_2009_03/pmr2009a0025.pdf
So you can see that DHT is still inhibited very hard!! 10 times less DHT than normal population!

Allopregnalone also took a big hit, pfs users have an 1/3 of normal population allopregnenalone.

But I didnt know about this molecules Androsterone and Etiocholone.

Androtestosterone is reduced by 40% and Etiocholone is increased by 40%. That means that the ratios of this hormones are changed drastically.

Now here it comes the surprise look at this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1586258/pdf/brmedj01568-0031.pdf
Use http://www.sci-hub.bz/
to read the studies.

Its amazing!

Androsterone>Etiocholone means Heterosexual.
Etiocholone>Androsterone means Homosexual.

So yeah in resume:

- Never experienced any kind of atraction for males (me male) before finasteride, got "weirded out" regarding finding myself feeling atraction (not sexually) to males very masculine 3 times durig pfs. Discovered this could be due to a change in Androsterone to Etiocholone ratios.

Edit: I move this to Androsterone that is where it should be.

This is very interesting. I also had some odd dreams aka homosexual while taking Pansterone. It seemed to be associated with good feelings, like sex always is. But it did induce a bit of confusion seeing as I have always been pro-women in more ways than one.

sladerunner69

This is very interesting. I also had some odd dreams aka homosexual while taking Pansterone. It seemed to be associated with good feelings, like sex always is. But it did induce a bit of confusion seeing as I have always been pro-women in more ways than one.

Yes homosexuality is the most common side effect of taking DHEA. Nothing to be concerned about.

DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@haidut People who take SSRI's sometimes refer to a feeling of happiness (a feeling of elation that feels unnatural for many, as they're not used to experiencing it.)

Do you think 5a-DHP and its effects on allopregnenolone are directly responsible for this feeling of uplifting? I experience a similar effect from progesterone, but it's hard to maintain at times. Do you think that a combination of 5a-DHP and progesterone can synergize with regards to depression as well, or would there be any interactions to watch out for?

BeLiKeWater

@haidut Hello most have been said about 5DHP being a enhancer of the action of 5ar in transforming progesterone to 5dhp. Well I would like to see that studie, just in case we are not supressing the creation of 5dhp by taking it exogenesly.

BeLiKeWater

DHEA is estrogenical in determinated situations, so that can explain that the body equilibrium tend more to the feminin, so no need to make jokes, leave that for the steroids forums. If we start joking about other people trolls can get the attention they want. I dont think this is the place for that.

I have exagerated a bit, but I think you get the idea.

Regina

DHEA is estrogenical in determinated situations, so that can explain that the body equilibrium tend more to the feminin, so no need to make jokes, leave that for the steroids forums. If we start joking about other people trolls can get the attention they want. I dont think this is the place for that.

I have exagerated a bit, but I think you get the idea.
:thumbsup:

Koveras

@haidut @TubZy

"dihydrotestosterone (in right-handed men) or progesterone/dihydroprogesterone (in left-handed subjects)"

Clin Drug Investig. 2017 Feb 4. doi: 10.1007/s40261-017-0501-8. [Epub ahead of print]
Safety Profile of Finasteride: Distribution of Adverse Effects According to Structural and Informational Dichotomies of the Mind/Brain.
Motofei IG1, Rowland DL2, Manea M3, Georgescu SR4, Păunică I3, Sinescu I5.

Finasteride is currently used extensively for male androgenic alopecia and benign prostatic hyperplasia; however, some adverse effects are severe and even persistent after treatment cessation, the so-called 'post-finasteride syndrome'. The following most severe adverse effects-sexual dysfunction and depression-often occur together and may potentiate one other, a fact that could explain (at least in part) the magnitude and persistence of finasteride adverse effects. This paper presents the pharmacological action of finasteride and the corresponding adverse effects, the biological base explaining the occurrence, persistence and distribution of these adverse effects, and a possible therapeutic solution for post-finasteride syndrome. The distribution of finasteride adverse effects is presented within a comprehensive and modern neuro-endocrine perspective related to structural and informational dichotomies of the brain. Understanding the variation of finasteride side effects among different populations would be necessary not only to delineate the safety profile of finasteride for different subgroups of men (a subject may or may not be affected by a certain anti-hormonal compound dependent on the individual neuro-endocrine profile), but also as a possible premise for a therapeutic approach of finasteride adverse effects. Such therapeutic approach should include administration of exogenous hormones, which are deficient in men with post-finasteride syndrome, namely dihydrotestosterone (in right-handed men) or progesterone/dihydroprogesterone (in left-handed subjects).

TubZy

@haidut @TubZy

"dihydrotestosterone (in right-handed men) or progesterone/dihydroprogesterone (in left-handed subjects)"

Clin Drug Investig. 2017 Feb 4. doi: 10.1007/s40261-017-0501-8. [Epub ahead of print]
Safety Profile of Finasteride: Distribution of Adverse Effects According to Structural and Informational Dichotomies of the Mind/Brain.
Motofei IG1, Rowland DL2, Manea M3, Georgescu SR4, Păunică I3, Sinescu I5.

Finasteride is currently used extensively for male androgenic alopecia and benign prostatic hyperplasia; however, some adverse effects are severe and even persistent after treatment cessation, the so-called 'post-finasteride syndrome'. The following most severe adverse effects-sexual dysfunction and depression-often occur together and may potentiate one other, a fact that could explain (at least in part) the magnitude and persistence of finasteride adverse effects. This paper presents the pharmacological action of finasteride and the corresponding adverse effects, the biological base explaining the occurrence, persistence and distribution of these adverse effects, and a possible therapeutic solution for post-finasteride syndrome. The distribution of finasteride adverse effects is presented within a comprehensive and modern neuro-endocrine perspective related to structural and informational dichotomies of the brain. Understanding the variation of finasteride side effects among different populations would be necessary not only to delineate the safety profile of finasteride for different subgroups of men (a subject may or may not be affected by a certain anti-hormonal compound dependent on the individual neuro-endocrine profile), but also as a possible premise for a therapeutic approach of finasteride adverse effects. Such therapeutic approach should include administration of exogenous hormones, which are deficient in men with post-finasteride syndrome, namely dihydrotestosterone (in right-handed men) or progesterone/dihydroprogesterone (in left-handed subjects).

Wow, nice find. I can say I'm left handed and 5a-DHP and high doses of pregnenolone (which would convert more towards progesterone) are super beneficial to me so that makes sense by far in my case.

My DHT levels were normal range too.

Do you have a link to the study?

What is the tocopherol used in this derived from? Unfortunately 5 drops irritated my test subject's intestines significantly. I'm wondering if it could be the tocopherol as I've noticed problems with this in the past...

Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the tocopherol used in this derived from? Unfortunately 5 drops irritated my test subject's intestines significantly. I'm wondering if it could be the tocopherol as I've noticed problems with this in the past...

Thanks.

I think they are extracted from sunflower oil. The gut irritation from tocopherols is probably due to immune system interaction and not so much impurities in them. If yo search the forum you will find plenty of reports of people getting this effect from pretty much any tocopherol product on the market, including high-purity ones people got from labs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut People who take SSRI's sometimes refer to a feeling of happiness (a feeling of elation that feels unnatural for many, as they're not used to experiencing it.)

Do you think 5a-DHP and its effects on allopregnenolone are directly responsible for this feeling of uplifting? I experience a similar effect from progesterone, but it's hard to maintain at times. Do you think that a combination of 5a-DHP and progesterone can synergize with regards to depression as well, or would there be any interactions to watch out for?

Most successful SSRI drugs are actually antagonists on 5-HT2C and also boost allopregnanolone levels. Either one of these can produce the euphoria. Also, some of the SSRI drugs can raise cortisol due to the overall effect of SSRI being pro-serotonergic despite the 5-HT2C antagonism, and high cortisol can also produce euphoria initially.
In my experience 5a-DHP is best used on its own. The effects of progesterone on the nervous system have been shown to depend on 5-AR activity so we know the benefits are due to either 5a-DHP or other steroids derived from it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals