5α-Dihydroprogesterone (5α-DHP) Is More Effective Than Progesterone In Lowering Prolactin

Mauritio

In schizophrenia, for instance, hallucinations and increased perception is associated with increased D2 receptor activity, whereas lack of motivation and reduced motor coordination/speech is associated with reduced D1 activity.Allopregnenolone should raise D1 and thus is making my speech coordination better. Maybe that's how it works.
It's really strange. Low dose makes me more spaced out than andro and or dhea. I can't focus and i become lethargic whereas as i said higher doses feel the opposite.
Interesting didn't know about that . Raising dopamin has some many benefits ...
Do you think 5adhp /allopregnanolone directly agonizes the D1 receptor or indirectly through prolactin lowering?

Razvan

Interesting didn't know about that . Raising dopamin has some many benefits ...
Do you think 5adhp /allopregnanolone directly agonizes the D1 receptor or indirectly through prolactin lowering?
Directly. And maybe also indirectly by lowering prolactin, which is maybe why it's so strong.

Razvan

I feel like lowering prolactin is much better and gets you more results than lowering estrogen.

Mauritio

I feel like lowering prolactin is much better and gets you more results than lowering estrogen.
Yeah I think so too !
On the other hand estrogen also goes down if prolactin goes down .

Last edited:

Mauritio

In most cases yes,but there are exe
Yes,but there are exceptions.
There are things that lower prolactin more than estrogen just going by feeling . I'd say androsterone very potent estrogen antagonist , bromocriptine very strong prolactin antagonist .
Although they both lower both hormones.

golder

There are things that lower prolactin more than estrogen just going by feeling . I'd say androsterone very potent estrogen antagonist , bromocriptine very strong prolactin antagonist .
Although they both lower both hormones.
Out of curiosity, when you combine androsterone with bromocriptine what do you notice subjectively the most, the lowering of estrogen or prolactin?

Mauritio

Out of curiosity, when you combine androsterone with bromocriptine what do you notice subjectively the most, the lowering of estrogen or prolactin?
Combine? I've never taken them together...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals