Danny Roddy's New Video On Baldness Is Very Interesting

yerrag

It has to do with metabolism and temperature of the brain. Very very interesting.

He says he got the concepts from Dr. Peat.

I agree on the metabolism aspect, but the idea of brain temperature, while it makes some sense, fails to mention that brain temperature is merely secondary to the availability of the substrates oxygen and sugar to the scalp as well as the brain. If these substrates are readily available, more likely there will be higher metabolism that provides energy to heating the brain and to grow hair.

If, however, there is some bottleneck that limits the amount of sugar and oxygen delivered to the scalp, then hair growth would be negatively affected. I would say that the challenge really is to relieve these bottlenecks. Why is there low availability of sugar? Why is there low availability of oxygen?

Even if one has good sugar regulation, and has generally good metabolism, it doesn't mean the entire body is well supplied with sugar and oxygen. It only means that there is a higher immunity and higher survival characteristics, but it doesn't mean that the body's development is maximized. The body will consider its current state, and will prioritize survival over development. This means it will favor one going bald over one dying. It will pull resources out of supporting hair growth and put these resources to use to survive. It will favor putting the body in a less stressed state, where metabolism is lowered, than putting the body in an overdriven but highly stressed state. It will favor protective inhibition over destructive stimulation.

I would also argue that mention of metabolism varies throughout the body, depending on the environment and the state of the organ/tissue. In a very healthy body, the body would be firing in all cylinders, and optimization of energy would be very close or equal to the maximization of energy for development. In a very sick body, the body would be crawling to a snail's pace, and optimization of energy would be closer to minimization of energy production and expenditure in order to survive. And in between the two modes would be what most of us would be in.

I would see myself, for example, as having a mix of metabolic rates. Where my organ/tissue can support maximum metabolism, it would. Where it can't, it wouldn't. I can have normal body temperatures, and that means only that generally I can support a normal metabolic rate, and that maybe I have the necessary prerequisites to have a functional immune system that gets me through allergies and bacterial infection. But I have thinning hair, and that may just mean that my scalp isn't producing enough energy to grow hair. And that could be because it's not getting enough oxygen (or sugar) because the capillaries feeding the scalp (and perhaps the brain) are not delivering enough substrates needed to produce energy. It may be such that the temperature there would be lower. But lower brain temperature isn't the cause of low hair growth, but an accompanying result of lower metabolism in the scalp region.

I can only theorize on it but hopefully I can prove this in the next few months as I attempt to restore normal blood pressure through the use of proteolytic enzymes and if needed, cyclodextrins, to remove plaque from my capillaries. There is no way for scans to see plaque in capillaries, and so it seems we are operating on the assumption that what we don't see we don't believe exists. So, little mention is made in the literature of plaques plugging our capillaries, and thus limiting the delivery of nutrients to the parts of the body fed by capillaries, especially the watershed regions where there is no other supply but the capillary and where the body can't provide a bypass with new capillaries.

I believe when I'm successful at lysing out the plaque from the capillaries in my kidneys, my blood pressure will get back to normal. At the same time, I will also find my scalp springing new hair. If this happens, I will appreciate baldness to be an indication of a problem of plaque formation in capillaries more than anything else.

CLASH

Danny seems to be healthy. I dont see the “estrogenic” features at all. Effeminte perhaps, but along the lines of progesterone or boyishness.

From my experience hairloss is an endotoxin issue as is the hirsutism that goes with it. Intestinal infection, whether SIBO or colonic leads to a general upregulation of the adrenal glands producing both DHEA and cortisol. The cortisol upregulates aromatase and the conversion of DHEA into estrogen. In some phenotypes of human it seems DHT is also upregulated to combat the estrogen. In these people (italians, indians, middle eastern) you see hirsutism, baldness, heavy beard growth. In phenotypic populations that dont upregulate DHT such as some hispanics and asians you see a lack of body hair and hairloss but also a lack of muscle tissue, obesity/ overweight, water in the tissues and a more effeminate look.

@yerrag
Heart disease, diabetes, obesity, kidney disease etc. are also all endotoxin issues in my experience. The root of the issue is most likely in your gut not neccesarily your vasculature. Have you considered a stool test or testing to see if you have some dental infections/ abseces?

yerrag

yerrag
Heart disease, diabetes, obesity, kidney disease etc. are also all endotoxin issues in my experience. The root of the issue is most likely in your gut not neccesarily your vasculature. Have you considered a stool test or testing to see if you have some dental infections/ abseces?
That's still a possibility although I've not seen the impact of low dosing doxycycline on me, although my short time on it isn't conclusive.

CLASH

Many bacteria are resistant to many antibiotics, depends on the species and on the strain. Culture and sensitivity as well as PCR detection of bacteria would allow you to see what pathogenic bacteria you may be harboring. Also, just eliminating the bacteria with antibiotics isnt such an ideal strategy, repopulating with neutral species of bifido or lacto that dont produce histamine or d-lactate seems more optimal. When using an antibiotic, the reduction of flora and subsequently endotoxin and other bacterial metabolites tones down the immune system and leads to colonization with pathogens such as c.diff. Using immune stimulants like DHEA, vit C, zinc, maitake mushrooms, probiotic bacteria, saturated fat etc. while using the antibiotics seems like a better strategy as far as i can tell. Also, essential oils such as cinnamon and oregano are potent antimicrobials and antifungals with MIC’s in the <1% range (v/v), using them with antibiotics could be very helpful if not synergistic. If its a small intestinal issue oral will help but if its a colonic issue I dont think oral will get the job done, atleast from what i can tell from personal accounts and some of the research.

I think PUFA and endotoxin are probably the largest promoters of disease with iron and other toxins a distant second. Endotoxin from infections (whether GI, oral, pulmonary etc.) is the spark, and PUFA in the tissues is the dynamite.

yerrag

Many bacteria are resistant to many antibiotics, depends on the species and on the strain. Culture and sensitivity as well as PCR detection of bacteria would allow you to see what pathogenic bacteria you may be harboring. Also, just eliminating the bacteria with antibiotics isnt such an ideal strategy, repopulating with neutral species of bifido or lacto that dont produce histamine or d-lactate seems more optimal. When using an antibiotic, the reduction of flora and subsequently endotoxin and other bacterial metabolites tones down the immune system and leads to colonization with pathogens such as c.diff. Using immune stimulants like DHEA, vit C, zinc, maitake mushrooms, probiotic bacteria, saturated fat etc. while using the antibiotics seems like a better strategy as far as i can tell. Also, essential oils such as cinnamon and oregano are potent antimicrobials and antifungals with MIC’s in the <1% range (v/v), using them with antibiotics could be very helpful if not synergistic. If its a small intestinal issue oral will help but if its a colonic issue I dont think oral will get the job done, atleast from what i can tell from personal accounts and some of the research.

I think PUFA and endotoxin are probably the largest promoters of disease with iron and other toxins a distant second. Endotoxin from infections (whether GI, oral, pulmonary etc.) is the spark, and PUFA in the tissues is the dynamite.

Thanks CLASH. That's very helpful as it adds to what you and ecstatichamster have said. It's definitely something that I don't want to discount. I'm holding off on acting on your advice for now for two reasons. One is that I have started on the path of the plaque theory for my hypertensive condition, and the other is that I don't feel any outward sign of having endotoxemia. I could be wrong, but I have no gut issues. I have regular comfortable bowel movement. I don't fart at all. I don't even have any issues of tummy ache nor do I have any acid reflux issues. I don't have any allergies as well. The last time I had one was at least a year ago, and it's allergic rhinitis, which I attribute to having lowered my metabolism from supplementing magnesium chloride, a significant acidic load. Prior to my recent use of low dose doxycycline, I have been off antibiotics except for once when I was on it because I had to have teeth pulled off due to a latent periodontal issue.

If there's a concern, it would be the lingering effects of endotoxins generated by the anaerobic bacterial infection arising from ten plus year of a developing latent periodontal issue. But since the source of the infection is gone, it would be the vestiges, dead or alive, of the bacteria and its endotoxins. I consider the ten plus years of accumulated plaque to be more of an issue than remaining endotoxins. I could be wrong on this but if I am I can renew my efforts later at dealing with endotoxemia.

yerrag

@yerrag
Sorry I missed your question.
Haven't done a stool test but I'd be willing to do one if that can confirm that my dental infection is all gone. I'm always wondering if there's still some undiscovered latent periodontal issue that a dental scan would fail to uncover. What bacteria would I be looking for in a stool test to confirm dental infection?

I have to take back my earlier reply to this post. It's only now that I noticed, but after 3 weeks plus of low dose doxy, I began to notice that my left knee arthritic pain is gone, and that my seborrheic dermatitis issue has somewhat become dormant. So now I'm wondering if I should continue on my doxycycline, which I've been on 2x20mg daily the first 2 weeks, and lowered to 1x20 mg the third week (currently). What dosage of doxy do you recommend?

CLASH

@yerrag
I personally dont have a sepcific reccomendation but
some people are using minocycline, which penetrates tissues much better, for rheumatoid arthritis. Heres some resouces from the website:
Recommended Reading and Viewing (find "Pulsed" and "Harvard" Protocols Physician Packets here) - Road Back Foundation

It seems that they reported dosing 100mg of minocycline 3x per week. There are personal accounts on the website of putting quite a few autoimmune conditions into remission. I dont think only using an antibiotic is ideal tho. I think a shaping of the flora may be better than an eradication of the flora considering there is always going to be a flora. I think this would be best accomplished while maintaining the immune system as well.

I’m not sure you would be able to find out the bacteria in the teeth from a stool test. Although you may find some crossover in the stool test from the mouth. I would think tho that if you have something going on in the teeth you probably have something going on in the bowel as its all essentially the same organ. As an example when my bowel was at its worst my gums receeded and my teeth started to erode...
Thus, If you wanted to eradicate an infection in the bowel a stool test with culture, senstivity, and PCR would probably be the best way to go so that your not shooting in the dark with antibiotics. For example my stool test showed a high amount of klebsiella growth. Klebsiella is strongly associated with ankylosing spondylitis and a preferential consumer of starch. People are using a no starch diet to put AS into remission. If I eat starch at all I get stiffness and pain all along my spine. I have been on a zero starch diet for 4 years now with minimal stiffness and pain. I used to be able to eat massive amounts of starch when I was younger with no problem. I have a feeling if I eliminate the klebsiella from my bowel and I repopulate with neutral flora I may be able to eat starch again.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster

Lol

I have a friend who was taking minocycline and feeling better and then she just felt bad about taking it and stopped. Her symptoms returned.

Maybe you have to take it for a certain period of time. She took the conventional medical dose, maybe 50 mg or 100 mg per day.

At 20 mg of doxycycline per day I imagine you could sustain that for a long time without any real problems. Dr. Peat said once he takes 20 mg or so several times per week.

yerrag

@yerrag
I personally dont have a sepcific reccomendation but
some people are using minocycline, which penetrates tissues much better, for rheumatoid arthritis. Heres some resouces from the website:
Recommended Reading and Viewing (find "Pulsed" and "Harvard" Protocols Physician Packets here) - Road Back Foundation

It seems that they reported dosing 100mg of minocycline 3x per week. There are personal accounts on the website of putting quite a few autoimmune conditions into remission. I dont think only using an antibiotic is ideal tho. I think a shaping of the flora may be better than an eradication of the flora considering there is always going to be a flora. I think this would be best accomplished while maintaining the immune system as well.

I’m not sure you would be able to find out the bacteria in the teeth from a stool test. Although you may find some crossover in the stool test from the mouth. I would think tho that if you have something going on in the teeth you probably have something going on in the bowel as its all essentially the same organ. As an example when my bowel was at its worst my gums receeded and my teeth started to erode...
Thus, If you wanted to eradicate an infection in the bowel a stool test with culture, senstivity, and PCR would probably be the best way to go so that your not shooting in the dark with antibiotics. For example my stool test showed a high amount of klebsiella growth. Klebsiella is strongly associated with ankylosing spondylitis and a preferential consumer of starch. People are using a no starch diet to put AS into remission. If I eat starch at all I get stiffness and pain all along my spine. I have been on a zero starch diet for 4 years now with minimal stiffness and pain. I used to be able to eat massive amounts of starch when I was younger with no problem. I have a feeling if I eliminate the klebsiella from my bowel and I repopulate with neutral flora I may be able to eat starch again.

Thanks for the wealth of info. A lot to absorb and then to consider. I'm glad that you were able to figure out the root of your condition and that allows you to put a spotlight on bacteria and endotoxins on health issues. I may have to graduate over to using minocycline, but would have to read up on the link, and the many links it links to. I'm familiar with stool tests with culture and sensitivity. Not familiar with PCR though. Do you mind expanding on why PCR in needed?

Lol

I have a friend who was taking minocycline and feeling better and then she just felt bad about taking it and stopped. Her symptoms returned.

Maybe you have to take it for a certain period of time. She took the conventional medical dose, maybe 50 mg or 100 mg per day.

At 20 mg of doxycycline per day I imagine you could sustain that for a long time without any real problems. Dr. Peat said once he takes 20 mg or so several times per week.
I'll stay on the 20 mg dosage of doxycycline for now. Minocycline may be the next step, although it's not so common and I may have to find a doctor to issue me a prescription.

OP
ecstatichamster
Yeah I wasn’t suggesting you change, just saying that other people report great results from antibiotics too.

Kartoffel

I found it tough to rationalise why men go bald and women don’t.

Maybe you should open your eyes. I see lots of women with severe hair loss these days, even (or especially) among very young ones. There are dozens of studies on pubmed provinding statistics on the number of women suffering from hair loss. The argument that women don't suffer from hair loss is simply bogus. Progesterone is probably the single most important factor why they don't suffer from it as much as men, and also why the younger generations (birth controll) have an increasing tendency to loose hair.

yerrag

Yeah I wasn’t suggesting you change, just saying that other people report great results from antibiotics too.
I know. But I'm open to trying mincycline if need be especially both you and CLASH have spoken of it. Sourcing it isn't as easy though as my getting it from a vet though.

OP
ecstatichamster
I know. But I'm open to trying mincycline if need be especially both you and CLASH have spoken of it. Sourcing it isn't as easy though as my getting it from a vet though.

it's benefit as you know is that it's quite fat soluble and helps reach the nervous system and the brain where it brings all that anti inflammatory goodness.

LUH 3417

it's benefit as you know is that it's quite fat soluble and helps reach the nervous system and the brain where it brings all that anti inflammatory goodness.
Where do you get it from? I have a hard time getting a doctor to rx it

CLASH

@yerrag
PCR will allow you to see the anaerobic bacteria present in the stool as well as test for some fungi and parasites that you may miss with traditional methods. Its basically comparing a color picture to black and white. Its not perfect, still in 2D but a step better. Most bacteria in the colon, if I’m not mistaken are anaerobic in nature.

——————————————————————

Ssperate from my response from yerrag, I would like to weigh in on the hairloss issue and mention that I think it is mainly a bacterial endotoxin issue, especially for guys losing hair at a young age. Although n=1, I’ve tracked my meal timing and my bowel habits and found that if I eat something that disagrees with me, such as a starch, when it reaches a particular spot in my colon (which I can feel), I get hot flashes, rashes, the scalp itch, cold hands and feet, disturbed mood and i sweat profusely from under my arms. Not too mention mild bloating and discomfort as well. This happens only at one particular spot in my colon and a little longer than 24 hours after the offending meal. The symptoms are consistent with histamine, adrenaline and serotonin. When nothing offending is in that area I usually feel great and have no itch or scalp hairloss. If I put this in peats context and then I add in the stool test results of klebsiella overgrowth as mentioned in the response to yerrag, I think a latent intestinal infection makes alot of sense as a root cause. The infective process will chronically elevate cortisol, estrogen, serotonin, prolactin, histamine and adrenaline while turning off androgens and thyroid function. If I’m not mistaken PCOS in women is associated with a higher endotoxin load and is considered an analogous situation to male pattern baldness.

Besides this, in reality the only things that seem to realistically go wrong with the human body or could be considered the main insults are (besides something like blunt force trauma such as getting hit by a car):
1) infection
2) nutrient deficiency
3) toxic exposure
4) Chronic stress

If 1-3 are non-issues I would say #4 would be not as big an issue overall leaving infection, toxic exposure and nutrient deficiency as the main issues to tackle with most peoples health. Solutions: eliminate infections, provide adequate nutrients, stop exposing yourself to as many toxins as you can.

Risingfire

Women don't go bald? Has anyone walked outside before? Women go bald just not as common as men do.

And to dispel why men go bald more. Women have way more progesterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals