Ray Peat Interview March 6, 2020 - Danny Roddy + Ray Peat + Georgi Dinkov

milkboi

Dude, Ray and the guys are doing an invaluable service to humanity. If I had a good financial situation, I'd definitely give them that and more.

What they do actually improves the world. Giving money to poor people chances nothing systematically.

Exactly

OP
L

lampofred

$300?!! Whoever did that please stop! None of those three guys are hurting for money. You can give it to more needful people if you are in a giving mood

$300 doesn't even come close to the value of Dr. Peat's work.

PhilParma

Tyrosine, taurine, B1, B2, B5, B6, lithium, uridine.
Hi, can you explain mechanism of action a bit more? I mean, downstream, how would these nutrients end up increasing verbosity? Are you coming from a place of theory, or personal experience?

I'm assuming tyrosine is because it's a precursor to dopamine.
I notice you left out B3. Why?
Taurine supposedly can increase prolactin, which means maybe it could lower dopamine since prolactin and dopamine are generally antagonistic?

Frankly, I've experimented with everything you listed except lithium and uridine. I've been interested in lithium but I'd need to do way more research before trying it out.

Beyond my own personal experimentation, I'm also just interested in the biochemistry of verbosity, hopefully beyond the boilerplate "lower serotonin." Keeping serotonin low is great, but I think there can be a low serotonin verbose chatterbox, and also a strong and silent type. Both are perfectly healthy, but what causes the chatterbox to verbalize so much? Estrogen, okay, but what else? I've been thinking about this for awhile and I don't even know what phrases to google to find more info.

Sometimes I think that HIGH serotonin people actually verbalize more. It's like they're insecure and perceive silence as a ticking bomb, so they fill the silence with pointless small talk in order to control the situation. Also, there's the ultra high serotonin people (Asperger's) who can't grasp social cues and just vomit out every little thing that crosses their mind.

T

tca300

$300?!! Whoever did that please stop! None of those three guys are hurting for money. You can give it to more needful people if you are in a giving mood
That was me. I will do as I please with my own money, thanks.

Hi, can you explain mechanism of action a bit more? I mean, downstream, how would these nutrients end up increasing verbosity? Are you coming from a place of theory, or personal experience?

I'm assuming tyrosine is because it's a precursor to dopamine.
I notice you left out B3. Why?
Taurine supposedly can increase prolactin, which means maybe it could lower dopamine since prolactin and dopamine are generally antagonistic?

Frankly, I've experimented with everything you listed except lithium and uridine. I've been interested in lithium but I'd need to do way more research before trying it out.

Beyond my own personal experimentation, I'm also just interested in the biochemistry of verbosity, hopefully beyond the boilerplate "lower serotonin." Keeping serotonin low is great, but I think there can be a low serotonin verbose chatterbox, and also a strong and silent type. Both are perfectly healthy, but what causes the chatterbox to verbalize so much? Estrogen, okay, but what else? I've been thinking about this for awhile and I don't even know what phrases to google to find more info.

Sometimes I think that HIGH serotonin people actually verbalize more. It's like they're insecure and perceive silence as a ticking bomb, so they fill the silence with pointless small talk in order to control the situation. Also, there's the ultra high serotonin people (Asperger's) who can't grasp social cues and just vomit out every little thing that crosses their mind.

Personal experience.

Taurine makes me talk more than any of the others I've mentioned. I now use 500mg at a time. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

DButter

I think having Georgie on to ask Peat questions and build on them is very cool! Danny is a good interviewer, and the addition of Georgie's knowledge base, it allows deeper questions to ask Peat. That guy is a bottomless fountain of knowledge.

I think more interactions like this will only take Georgie to another level. He's already awesome and with Peat's ability to offer such depth on subjects, he'll be able to take his work to another level.

Peat seemed please with the flow so I hope they make it a monthly thing.

Yep. Agreed

ddjd

Peat mentioned how estrogen makes women talkative--how when they're at the point in their cycle when estrogen is at its highest, they can't stop talking.

My question is, how would one go about increasing verbosity, verbal fluency, talkativeness, etc., without raising estrogen?
ive actually experienced this from taking DHEA. my verbal fluency increased dramatically but then other problems followed and I realised it was the DHEA converting to estrogen

Goat-e

All this talk of conscious stars reminds me of this. Sams argues that the sun is conscious.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you so much.

@charlie Maybe you can pin the mp3 for those who want to download it? So it doesn't get lost in the thread!
I would have to get the OK from @lampofred. Also, if Fred would OK the date fix from the 26th to the 6th.

OP
L

lampofred

I would have to get the OK from @lampofred. Also, if Fred would OK the date fix from the 26th to the 6th.

Sure, and ahh sure, didn't realize I put 26th until now. You can take out the "anticipation" too

LucyL

That was me. I will do as I please with my own money, thanks.
Can I say "thanks" to you? I would like to be able to give more to Ray, I subscribe to his newsletter but that is all I can afford, so I have much appreciation for those who can and do let him know financially how much his work is appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals