Danny Roddy's New Video On Baldness Is Very Interesting

yerrag

@yerrag
PCR will allow you to see the anaerobic bacteria present in the stool as well as test for some fungi and parasites that you may miss with traditional methods. Its basically comparing a color picture to black and white. Its not perfect, still in 2D but a step better. Most bacteria in the colon, if I’m not mistaken are anaerobic in nature.

——————————————————————

Ssperate from my response from yerrag, I would like to weigh in on the hairloss issue and mention that I think it is mainly a bacterial endotoxin issue, especially for guys losing hair at a young age. Although n=1, I’ve tracked my meal timing and my bowel habits and found that if I eat something that disagrees with me, such as a starch, when it reaches a particular spot in my colon (which I can feel), I get hot flashes, rashes, the scalp itch, cold hands and feet, disturbed mood and i sweat profusely from under my arms. Not too mention mild bloating and discomfort as well. This happens only at one particular spot in my colon and a little longer than 24 hours after the offending meal. The symptoms are consistent with histamine, adrenaline and serotonin. When nothing offending is in that area I usually feel great and have no itch or scalp hairloss. If I put this in peats context and then I add in the stool test results of klebsiella overgrowth as mentioned in the response to yerrag, I think a latent intestinal infection makes alot of sense as a root cause. The infective process will chronically elevate cortisol, estrogen, serotonin, prolactin, histamine and adrenaline while turning off androgens and thyroid function. If I’m not mistaken PCOS in women is associated with a higher endotoxin load and is considered an analogous situation to male pattern baldness.

Besides this, in reality the only things that seem to realistically go wrong with the human body or could be considered the main insults are (besides something like blunt force trauma such as getting hit by a car):
1) infection
2) nutrient deficiency
3) toxic exposure
4) Chronic stress

If 1-3 are non-issues I would say #4 would be not as big an issue overall leaving infection, toxic exposure and nutrient deficiency as the main issues to tackle with most peoples health. Solutions: eliminate infections, provide adequate nutrients, stop exposing yourself to as many toxins as you can.

+++

Having gone through years of latent chronic bacterial infection, and only recently learning of it, I appreciate very much your sharing of your experience and observations as they are very useful, with you having experienced the journey and discovering valuable lessons first-hand from it.

You nailed the four points spot on. In and of themselves, each point has its own set of challenges. Two of them together makes it more complicated, and all together is a real big mess. This is what makes healing very difficult, especially when one is healing oneself. One has to have very good troubleshooting skills, patience, and has to have discipline, as well as time. But the alternative is even more difficult - finding a suitable doctor to work with you. And if you do find one, it would be costly.

I'll see if I could get a stool test, with culture, sensitivity, and PCR. It would be interesting to find out what I carry. I know long ago, in grade school, a tape worm came out of me during recess. Glad no one saw it, else I would have been a laughing stock (perhaps I'm stronger because of it, who knows?) Am pretty sure there are many smaller critters in my gut, for good or for bad. Maybe it's by now become a good healthy mix, with good balance. If not, then it would be something to work on. It's easier once I know what I'm up against, instead of groping in the dark.

In my koi hobby, I learn a few things about the bacteria in a fish pond. There are aerobes and anaerobes, and there are obligate and facultative anaerobes. And among the anaerobes, there are those that ferment, and those that lead to putrefaction. And there are bacteria I put in the pond to remove algae, which is also bacteria. To remove the algae from the pond, the good bacteria kill the algae by competitive exclusion, which means it eats the food the algae feeds on, leaving the algae to die from being deprived of food. And then there's bacteria that converts fish waste, ammonia, into nitrites, and then another bacteria that converts nitrites into nitrates, in the process converting a toxic substance, ammonia, into something much less toxic, nitrates. And since nitrates can accumulate over time, one can end up with a pond that has a high concentration of nitrates, which isn't ideal for the koi's development. So one can change the media in which a facultative anaerobe works in, such that the facultative anaerobe is forced to act as an anaerobe, in an anoxic (very little oxygen) environment, such that it's forced to break down nitrates in order to obtain the oxygen, thus releasing nitrogen into the air, and freeing the pond of nitrates.

The world of bacteria in our gut is also as interesting, if not more. You mentioned that it's the gram-negative bacteria that produces endotoxins, not the gram-positive. So it made me wonder if I should look at the probiotics being sold to see if there's anything that's gram-negative there. I imagine there wouldn't be. They're mostly the lactobacillus type, and they're fermentative anaerobes. So I imagine they wouldn't be producing endotoxins. So can they be considered rightly to be good bacteria? Or maybe because they ferment and produce lactic acid, too much of them wouldn't be good either?

This forum is very much divided in opinion regarding the idea of a sterile gut, and I know both you and I agree that it would be hard to maintain a really sterile gut. And we see it more as a "relatively" sterile gut that would be helpful, but that's just a very imperfect way of describing it subject to many interpretations. I see a healthy microbiome to be one entity in our gut that collectively strengthens our immunity where we are in a symbiotic relationship with. And I see the microbiome as consisting of as many kinds of bacteria, with the idea that the more kinds of bacteria, the wider our arsenal to deal with invaders that have gone past the mucous linings and wanting to enter the body. So, for me, there really is no bad bacteria ( ala Lavoisier vs Pasteur) as long as any bacteria doesn't dominate over the others. And this is what I consider balance. However, our gut is a limited space and domicile, and so it's important that the bacteria don't become too much that it overwhelms the gut. So, this is where I think taking antibiotics help. A wide-spectrum antibiotic will trim down the population of bacteria across the board, such that what's left behind is enough for the gut and the microbiome to interact in a mutually beneficial way. This is what I consider a "relatively" sterile gut.

What's your take on what a relatively sterile gut is?

CLASH

@yerrag
What you described with the Koi pond is fundamentally the same thing that occurs in the gut, mainly the large intestine. A sterile large intestine is impossible in a normal context for humans. A close to sterile small intestine is definetly achievable though and something I think should be aimed for.

Gram positive bacteria can produce toxins and activate the immune system just as much as gram negative. For example MRSA is gram positive. Its more that specific species like lactobacillus and bifido are commensal, with very little possibility of inducing problems (In the immuno suppressed certain lactobacillus species have caused issues, but the reports are very rare). On the contrary these species can have a host of health benefits. I’d rather have lactobacillus and bifidobacteria than c.diff, klebsiella, psuedomonas, campylobactor, strep, staph, candida, h.pylori etc.

As far as the antibiotics, i’m on the fence about them. If the algae in your analogy is resistant to the antibiotics (many bacteria are resistant) and the competitor is not then you’ve just wiped out the bacteria that outcompetes the algae and now you have an overgrowth of algae. In the human gut the situation has an added layer of the immune system regulating gut behavior. The antibiotics also effect this by lowering immune response as the immune system is dialed to the level of bacteria present. If you take an antibiotic and lower all species to some extent while some are slightly resistant and others are more succeptible and you simultaneously lower immune function you get things like c.diff, vancomycin enteroccocus, klebsiella pneumonia overgrowth etc. So I dont think an antibiotic alone is the answer. Furthermore, theres the element of biofilms which makes certain species of bacteria that are usually succeptible to antibiotic, resistant.

A more comprehensive approach is neccesary in my experience. This is what I have tried/ am currently trying:

*Before starting i like to keep the immune system active with beta glucans from mushrooms like maitake/ shiitake, vit C, Vit E, Vit A (liver), Vit D, B vit, zinc (oysters), taurine, DHEA (a potent immune stimulator that opposes cortisol).

* i also like to keep the diet easily digestible with low fodmap/ 1:1 glucose to fructose ratio fruit juices, proteins from ruminants and seafood, and adequate fats from coconut oil, beef tallow and cocoa butter. This diet is mostly absorbed in the small intestine, leaving the large intestine free for your modulation. I keep carrots in to avoid consitpation.

1) first i like to lower pathogenic species without wiping out the whole gut. Essential oils of oregano, cinnamon and lemongrass have more of an antibiotic effect on pathogenic species than neutral species. Thier effect rivals pharma antibiotics as well, even against resitant strains. They can be taken orally and also in an enema, both routes have to be diluted with coconut oil. They will burn if not diluted, I know personally ( I put a drop of oregano oil on my skin and a drop of cinnamon on my tongue. The burning was atrocious).

2) next i like to add in the neutral species to the mix from lactobacillus and bifidobacteria families. I Make sure to choose non d-lactate and mostly non histamine forming strains. I do these both orally and via enema. The enema allows the bacteria to have much better chance of surviving as they bypass stomach acid and bile acids. Bifidos are notoriously weak against stomach acid and bile acid.

3) Then I feed the beneficial species with substrates specific to them. Galactooligosaccharides and human milk oligosaccharides (2’-fucosyllactose) do this specifically. There is a reason babies are selectively colonized with bifidobacteria when they drink mothers milk. The milk selects for these bacteria. These bacteria initiate the ecosystem. They exclude pathogenic species, as does the milk. They include beneficial species as does the milk. As an example: If you wipe out the government of iraq, without establishing a new government control element the muslim factions will arrange into groups and murder eachother until a dictatorship is established. This is akin to what occurs in the gut with c.diff. Also, i avoid other fermentable substrates at this time to avoid the growth of other potentially toxic species. Raw goat milk from a good source may be helpful in combination with the probiotics and prebiotics, if you tolerate it. I have used it before with some good effects. I have a post on it titled something like “clinical context to ray’s theoretical concepts”. I havent used goats milk for now due to the opiate effect, but I plan to revisit it. I think alot of the negative effects I got from it where due to combining it with honey which has a high fructose to glucose ratio. This relaibly leads to endotoxin. I think if i do the milk witout the honey this time I wont get the same side effects, we’ll see.

4) then I like to add biofilm dissolving/ disrupting agents to breakdown pathogenic biofilms. I have used klair labs interphase and i just bought serrepetase to try. I have read about nattokinase being good as well. I’m hesitant with nattokinase and serrpeptase due to possible bleeding concerns tho.

5) next I start using an anti-fungal, like a combination of coconut oil and nystatin. I have used this combination many times and my stool tests never show any fungal overgrowth. I think the regular use of coconut oil, in general is good for this.

6) then I start using rifaximin as prophylactic to prevent the establishment of c.diff when taking other antibiotics or to deal with a small intestine overgrowth (rifaximin isnt absorbed into the body, and works mostly in the small intestine which we want clear anyway. Rifaximin encourages mostly lactobacilli in the small intestine but overall lowers the bacteria. It doesnt do much in the colon besides prevent c.diff, as far as its antibiotic effects go)

7) lastly I add the specific antibiotics I would like to use based on the stool test. Bacteriophages can also work (i think theyre better than antibiotics for a specific pathogenic issue but sourcing them is a b*tch. Only eastern europe really produces them). I have used them before with good effects. I bought them from an online russian pharmacy and got them through US customs with a Dr’s letter.

*the protocol snowballs on itself, each step is continued as you add the new step.

*I like to try each individual step for 3-5 days before I introduce the next to see what the side effects are and modulate the program organically as i go. For example If I get a massive skin rash from something I’d probably stop. Havent had that reaction tho.

*If all is going well I think it may be possible to stop the protocol before having to use antibiotics in step 7. I have done all the steps before in different protocols, as this protocol I am writing here is the one I am currently trying and is a culmination of everything I have researched and tried previously. I havent gotten to step 7 with antibiotics. I have only used bacteriophages. The one time i tried antibiotics I only used tetracycline and all it did was give me diarrhea and colon pain in the left lower quadrant for months... So I am hesitant to use any antibiotics outside of essential oils and rifaximin. To be fair tho I didnt stool test before I used the tetracycline so I didnt even know what I was treating... Also, I have used every supplement I mentioned in this protocol in the way I described except for serrapeptase, nattokinase and antibiotics. Nothing has given me any seriously negative reaction. Most things give positive and negatives that change over time.

*after I finish the protocol I’m probably going to continue with the probiotics, prebiotics, diet and immune supplements. I’ll do those for a while to establish the new ecosystem. I think new foods can probably be tried out in this period. Although the only other foods I’d add personally try would be some specific veggies, some specific tubers, perhaps raw goat milk and some specific whole fruits.

(I’d just like to point out this isnt any medical advice, just my Perspective based on what I’ve tried. Don’t want anyone to get hurt trying to do the experiments I have run on myself. I have experienced mood issues, diarrhe, fatigue, GI upset and other mild side effects from doing many of these things. Nothing has been without side effects overall, but I have had some benefit in trying these things.)

yerrag

What you described with the Koi pond is fundamentally the same thing that occurs in the gut, mainly the large intestine. A sterile large intestine is impossible in a normal context for humans. A close to sterile small intestine is definetly achievable though and something I think should be aimed for.
If only we could understand our large intestine as well as I understand my koi pond. There's one aspect of the pond I forgot to mention. I used to feed koi pellets, and I experienced quite a few incidents of bacterial infestation as evidenced in skin ulcers of koi skin, to say the least, and inflammation of the entire skin of koi. As I got to understand the nature of these bacterial infestations, I stopped feeding koi pellets and instead fed them fresh saltwater fish and coconut meat. It turns out that the pellets contain a lot of starch-based ingredients, and when these accumulate in the filter area for some time, bacteria flourish. The pond is not very forgiving of koi keepers who miss out on their filter cleaning duties, especially when koi pellets are fed. Bacteria multiply quickly with carbs as their food. I began to see the koi filter as analogous to our large intestine. Bacteria flourish in our large intestine, and quick bowel transit and regular daily elimination is important. As I can see how frequent outbreaks of disease occur in a poorly maintained and cleaned koi pond filter. In a pond, I could see the effects of poor maintenace. In our gut, we don't see the effects as evidently but I can imagine that there would be ulcers developing inside as well, among other pathological conditions.

I can see how too much fructose can wreak havoc in our guts, as well as appreciate having some good saturated fats being helpful to our gut.

Gram positive bacteria can produce toxins and activate the immune system just as much as gram negative. For example MRSA is gram positive. Its more that specific species like lactobacillus and bifido are commensal, with very little possibility of inducing problems (In the immuno suppressed certain lactobacillus species have caused issues, but the reports are very rare). On the contrary these species can have a host of health benefits. I’d rather have lactobacillus and bifidobacteria than c.diff, klebsiella, psuedomonas, campylobactor, strep, staph, candida, h.pylori etc.

Good to know that gram positive is not better than gram negative bacteria. Just that gram negative bacteria produce endotoxins and gram positive doesn't. And that probiotics are not as bad as what the forum would make it appear to be, as mostly they are of the lactobacillus strain. However, I'm of the thinking that having those so-called bad bacteria that you mentioned is such a bad thing. First, it's no use trying to get rid of them totally in the manner of committing bacterial genocide. If they're present in miniscule quantities that pose no harm, being that they are under control, they do serve to innoculate us against their kind in the event they become dominant. Rather than seek to be given vaccine shots, we can benefit from exposure to them within our guts. Keep the body very from deficiency, well-nourished, and it will be able to work with the microbiome to achieve balance in the gut, where everything that could be bad become good when under a tight system of checks and balances.

As far as the antibiotics, i’m on the fence about them. If the algae in your analogy is resistant to the antibiotics (many bacteria are resistant) and the competitor is not then you’ve just wiped out the bacteria that outcompetes the algae and now you have an overgrowth of algae. In the human gut the situation has an added layer of the immune system regulating gut behavior. The antibiotics also effect this by lowering immune response as the immune system is dialed to the level of bacteria present. If you take an antibiotic and lower all species to some extent while some are slightly resistant and others are more succeptible and you simultaneously lower immune function you get things like c.diff, vancomycin enteroccocus, klebsiella pneumonia overgrowth etc. So I dont think an antibiotic alone is the answer. Furthermore, theres the element of biofilms which makes certain species of bacteria that are usually succeptible to antibiotic, resistant.
Perhaps because we have a different personal experience with gut bacteria, we have different perspectives on them. My eldest sister has a lifelong battle with candida, and from my perspective, I find it very hard to understand why she can't overcome her candidiasis. Short of being very susceptible to step throat till about twenty years ago, which I've overcome, I've found my gut microbiome situation to be something of a non-issue. Despite having had a case of latent periodontitis for about 15 years, (which I believe is the root cause of my hypertension.)

As long as I don't give the bacteria any opportunity to hurt me, the bacteria won't hurt me. Bacteria are opportunistic. Give them an opening, and they will act out their role. I was hypoglycemic for a long time without being aware of it as my mainstream doctors generally don't know how to diagnose hypoglycemia. I diagnosed the problem myself and took steps to fix it, and ever since I've been cured of it, and I stopped having fever and flu. It's near twenty years already, and this is major for me, as I was having them at least twice a year before. I would dread February then, as I couldn't avoid getting sick no matter how I tried. I think that everyone has their issues that make them weak. Knowing one's weakness and taking steps to overcome it goes a long way. I've come to accept it's not my gut (as long as it's balanced), it's me. The 4-point list you enumerated earlier is a very useful checklist to to begin a self-evaluation.

Having said that, it's entirely plausible that one's gut could be so imbalanced from all the years, and the history of it in each of us is as varied as the history of mankind. It's a much more difficult road to traverse, and I would be at a loss to deal with it.

I feel that is just as important as drilling deeply into the world of gut bacteria. The general aspect of our health, separate from our gut, needs as much attention as our understanding of our gut. If we're healthy in this way, we can all the more view the gut as more of a black box, and not have to deal with its complexity.
A more comprehensive approach is neccesary in my experience. This is what I have tried/ am currently trying:

*Before starting i like to keep the immune system active with beta glucans from mushrooms like maitake/ shiitake, vit C, Vit E, Vit A (liver), Vit D, B vit, zinc (oysters), taurine, DHEA (a potent immune stimulator that opposes cortisol).

* i also like to keep the diet easily digestible with low fodmap/ 1:1 glucose to fructose ratio fruit juices, proteins from ruminants and seafood, and adequate fats from coconut oil, beef tallow and cocoa butter. This diet is mostly absorbed in the small intestine, leaving the large intestine free for your modulation. I keep carrots in to avoid consitpation.

1) first i like to lower pathogenic species without wiping out the whole gut. Essential oils of oregano, cinnamon and lemongrass have more of an antibiotic effect on pathogenic species than neutral species. Thier effect rivals pharma antibiotics as well, even against resitant strains. They can be taken orally and also in an enema, both routes have to be diluted with coconut oil. They will burn if not diluted, I know personally ( I put a drop of oregano oil on my skin and a drop of cinnamon on my tongue. The burning was atrocious).

2) next i like to add in the neutral species to the mix from lactobacillus and bifidobacteria families. I Make sure to choose non d-lactate and mostly non histamine forming strains. I do these both orally and via enema. The enema allows the bacteria to have much better chance of surviving as they bypass stomach acid and bile acids. Bifidos are notoriously weak against stomach acid and bile acid.

3) Then I feed the beneficial species with substrates specific to them. Galactooligosaccharides and human milk oligosaccharides (2’-fucosyllactose) do this specifically. There is a reason babies are selectively colonized with bifidobacteria when they drink mothers milk. The milk selects for these bacteria. These bacteria initiate the ecosystem. They exclude pathogenic species, as does the milk. They include beneficial species as does the milk. As an example: If you wipe out the government of iraq, without establishing a new government control element the muslim factions will arrange into groups and murder eachother until a dictatorship is established. This is akin to what occurs in the gut with c.diff. Also, i avoid other fermentable substrates at this time to avoid the growth of other potentially toxic species. Raw goat milk from a good source may be helpful in combination with the probiotics and prebiotics, if you tolerate it. I have used it before with some good effects. I have a post on it titled something like “clinical context to ray’s theoretical concepts”. I havent used goats milk for now due to the opiate effect, but I plan to revisit it. I think alot of the negative effects I got from it where due to combining it with honey which has a high fructose to glucose ratio. This relaibly leads to endotoxin. I think if i do the milk witout the honey this time I wont get the same side effects, we’ll see.

4) then I like to add biofilm dissolving/ disrupting agents to breakdown pathogenic biofilms. I have used klair labs interphase and i just bought serrepetase to try. I have read about nattokinase being good as well. I’m hesitant with nattokinase and serrpeptase due to possible bleeding concerns tho.

5) next I start using an anti-fungal, like a combination of coconut oil and nystatin. I have used this combination many times and my stool tests never show any fungal overgrowth. I think the regular use of coconut oil, in general is good for this.

6) then I start using rifaximin as prophylactic to prevent the establishment of c.diff when taking other antibiotics or to deal with a small intestine overgrowth (rifaximin isnt absorbed into the body, and works mostly in the small intestine which we want clear anyway. Rifaximin encourages mostly lactobacilli in the small intestine but overall lowers the bacteria. It doesnt do much in the colon besides prevent c.diff, as far as its antibiotic effects go)

7) lastly I add the specific antibiotics I would like to use based on the stool test. Bacteriophages can also work (i think theyre better than antibiotics for a specific pathogenic issue but sourcing them is a b*tch. Only eastern europe really produces them). I have used them before with good effects. I bought them from an online russian pharmacy and got them through US customs with a Dr’s letter.

*the protocol snowballs on itself, each step is continued as you add the new step.

*I like to try each individual step for 3-5 days before I introduce the next to see what the side effects are and modulate the program organically as i go. For example If I get a massive skin rash from something I’d probably stop. Havent had that reaction tho.

*If all is going well I think it may be possible to stop the protocol before having to use antibiotics in step 7. I have done all the steps before in different protocols, as this protocol I am writing here is the one I am currently trying and is a culmination of everything I have researched and tried previously. I havent gotten to step 7 with antibiotics. I have only used bacteriophages. The one time i tried antibiotics I only used tetracycline and all it did was give me diarrhea and colon pain in the left lower quadrant for months... So I am hesitant to use any antibiotics outside of essential oils and rifaximin. To be fair tho I didnt stool test before I used the tetracycline so I didnt even know what I was treating... Also, I have used every supplement I mentioned in this protocol in the way I described except for serrapeptase, nattokinase and antibiotics. Nothing has given me any seriously negative reaction. Most things give positive and negatives that change over time.

*after I finish the protocol I’m probably going to continue with the probiotics, prebiotics, diet and immune supplements. I’ll do those for a while to establish the new ecosystem. I think new foods can probably be tried out in this period. Although the only other foods I’d add personally try would be some specific veggies, some specific tubers, perhaps raw goat milk and some specific whole fruits.

(I’d just like to point out this isnt any medical advice, just my Perspective based on what I’ve tried. Don’t want anyone to get hurt trying to do the experiments I have run on myself. I have experienced mood issues, diarrhe, fatigue, GI upset and other mild side effects from doing many of these things. Nothing has been without side effects overall, but I have had some benefit in trying these things.)

This is amazing. You really is advanced stuff. Some of it is way over me. I can see that you gave it a lot of study, and you've developed this over a long enough period of experimentation as well. I can imagine being in your place, and hitting rough patches drawing blank along the way. It's very methodical and I wish more people would go about their healing in like manner.

I mentioned my eldest sister and I feel sorry she isn't this way, and I don't think she'll ever heal from her candidiasis. And sometimes, I feel that it's as much as Munchausen syndrome as it is candidiasis.

Thanks for sharing on this. I wish I could offer some more thoughts on it other than your mention of nattokinase. Dr. Wong has mentioned that he doesn't like nattokinase because as an enzyme it doesn't know when to stop lysing.

CLASH

@yerrag
As you see with the pellets in your kio pond starch is a prolific growth material. The same happens in the human intestine, especially on low fat diets. The fat in the diet induces bile acid release and the emulsified fatty acids and free fatty acids produced by the action of the bile in conjunction with the bile itself serve as antimicrobials in the small intestine, selecting for a minor few species that can survive residence there. From what I can see the low fat POV on this forum is inducing digestive issues in people specifically via this mechanism. Then when people try to introduce fat they get negative symptoms.... but of course. Increasing the fat is akin to taking an antibiotic. It takes a few days to clear the small intestine with high enough fat for the symptoms to subside. The bile ducts and liver and gallbladder also have to start working again. The low fat diet is a recipe for digestive disaster in my experience and opinion.

As for fructose, its fine as long as its in atleast a 1:1 ratio with glucose. If its not, most people absorb it poorly and it can cause endotoxin production.

Once a pathogenic species has adhered and formed a biofilm in the gut, no amount of correct nutrition is going to fix the issue. If you want some proof look at the massive issues seen in autoimmune diseases, autism and food allergies (all are triggered by gut bacteria from what I can see). From personal experience I have had my diet dialed in for years, but i still have issues. I have supplemented and experimented with tons of different compounds, but i still have some symptoms. To further accentuate the picture I am only 24 years old, so technically I should have no issue whatsoever. When the pathogenic species takes hold they are a constant source of immune activation and inflammation. The biofilm makes them very difficult to eradicate. The issue isnt exposure, were always exposed, the issue is established residence. Considering your overall history with periodontitis, strep throat, the hypoglycemia and high blood pressure I wouldnt be suprised if your current issue isnt actually caused by some type of overgrowth of strep in your gut. Periodontits and strep can go hand in hand. Strep are also known to damage the kidneys following infection due to the immune reaction mounted by the body. The flus you have had every year could have been an immune response to strep in the gut following stressful periods lowering metabolism.

I agree the general aspects of health are very important. I would address diet, sleep, exercise, relationships first and if your stil not doing well, especially a young person start to look at possible infection amd toxic exposure. Those are really the only avenues left.

As for your sister, i think she may not recover from her candiadiasis until she directly starts addressing her colon. Many of these opportunistic pathogens can sit in the colon in biofilms, largely undisturbed, regardless of what you throw at them. There are whole forums dedicated to this. If someone is have lingering issues, the problem is most likely in the colon and in that case enemas may be neccesary. I have seen many people claim cure to there issues online with nystatin enemas, coconut oil enemas, with systemic antifingals like diflucan and some herbal products. The small intestine and the general health from a nutrient and supplement standpoint with diet are relatively easy to address. The hardest part is the colon... its supposed to house bacteria, fungi and other microbes in an ecosystem. When it becomes wildly unbalanced, readjustment is difficult due to its physiology, function, position in the body and complexity. I think the enema is underrated in these cases.

*Btw, theres a lot here so I just responded to you off the cusp with this post as if we were having an in person conversation. I didnt mean to come off in anyway as an authority. Everything I expressed is my POV and theory based on my experiences and reading, not neccesarily the be all to end all on any topic.

yerrag

As you see with the pellets in your kio pond starch is a prolific growth material. The same happens in the human intestine, especially on low fat diets. The fat in the diet induces bile acid release and the emulsified fatty acids and free fatty acids produced by the action of the bile in conjunction with the bile itself serve as antimicrobials in the small intestine, selecting for a minor few species that can survive residence there. From what I can see the low fat POV on this forum is inducing digestive issues in people specifically via this mechanism. Then when people try to introduce fat they get negative symptoms.... but of course. Increasing the fat is akin to taking an antibiotic. It takes a few days to clear the small intestine with high enough fat for the symptoms to subside. The bile ducts and liver and gallbladder also have to start working again. The low fat diet is a recipe for digestive disaster in my experience and opinion.
I agree. My pond observations attest to how much easier it is for bacteria to grow when they have access to carbs, I suspect that they hydrophilic nature of carbs makes it easily for carbs to stick together and create an anaerobic environment from which anaerobes can mutiply readily and speed up putrefication. Putrefication is detected by the rotten egg smell where hydrogen sulfide is produced. This type of bacteria unchecked in growth leads to the fish becoming infested with ulcers in the skin. There are two ways to counter it. One way is to frequently clean the pond filter bottom, where the waste accumulates and with enough of it, anaerobic conditions develop and this leads to bacterial infestation. Another way is to add bacteria that ferments (instead of putrefy) in anaerobic conditions. This keeps the putrefactive anaerobes in check. On the gut level, this is equivalent to frequent and regular defecation and the use of lactobacilli strains often referred to as probiotics. Probiotics ferment in anaerobic conditions.

Yet the pond and the gut do differ in one major way. The koi I feed live in the pond, and they do very well eating fats and no carbs. We are fed through the gut, and we do very well eating mostly carbs and some fats. We can't do well on full fat and no carbs. And we do better on full carbs and no fat. But we do best on mostly carbs and some fats.

As for fructose, its fine as long as its in atleast a 1:1 ratio with glucose. If its not, most people absorb it poorly and it can cause endotoxin production.
I feel that with good health, one can do well with all glucose and no fructose. No fructose would lessen bacterial growth in the gut, while glucose is readily metabolized such that blood glucose is always stable. Would not having fructose lead to a deficiency, or affect our health negatively? I'm not sure, but I think it won't. This would make the case fro eating starch. And if the starch doesn't come with soluble fiber, even better as it would not encourage growth of bacteria in the gut.

But some people would need fructose. People who can't metabolize glucose very well can be helped by having fructose along with the glucose as fructose aids in getting glucose metabolized. And this would help in keeping blood sugar stable. But the danger with fructose is that it encourages rapid growth of gut bacteria. And for people lacking balance in the microbiome, ingesting fructose is a problem. With more imbalance, the greater the problem with fructose. It seems to me that finding the proper mix of fructose to glucose in the carbs taken in would depend on both the ability of the body to metabolize glucose well and the state of balance of the gut.

So one person can do well on all glucose as well as all fructose. Another may do well on all glucose and poorly on all fructose. And maybe another poorly on all glucose and well on all fructose. And then there's people in between in varying ratios of fructose to glucose, depending on their gut health and their body's ability to metabolize glucose.

I wonder if there's such a thing as finding one's optimal fructose:glucose blend?
Once a pathogenic species has adhered and formed a biofilm in the gut, no amount of correct nutrition is going to fix the issue. If you want some proof look at the massive issues seen in autoimmune diseases, autism and food allergies (all are triggered by gut bacteria from what I can see). From personal experience I have had my diet dialed in for years, but i still have issues. I have supplemented and experimented with tons of different compounds, but i still have some symptoms. To further accentuate the picture I am only 24 years old, so technically I should have no issue whatsoever. When the pathogenic species takes hold they are a constant source of immune activation and inflammation. The biofilm makes them very difficult to eradicate. The issue isnt exposure, were always exposed, the issue is established residence. Considering your overall history with periodontitis, strep throat, the hypoglycemia and high blood pressure I wouldnt be suprised if your current issue isnt actually caused by some type of overgrowth of strep in your gut. Periodontits and strep can go hand in hand. Strep are also known to damage the kidneys following infection due to the immune reaction mounted by the body. The flus you have had every year could have been an immune response to strep in the gut following stressful periods lowering metabolism.
It makes a lot of sense what you're saying. I can say off hand though that my blood pressure problems only came about after I started to have periodontal issues, so it would be more the case of bacteria associated with periodontitis.
As for your sister, i think she may not recover from her candiadiasis until she directly starts addressing her colon. Many of these opportunistic pathogens can sit in the colon in biofilms, largely undisturbed, regardless of what you throw at them. There are whole forums dedicated to this. If someone is have lingering issues, the problem is most likely in the colon and in that case enemas may be neccesary. I have seen many people claim cure to there issues online with nystatin enemas, coconut oil enemas, with systemic antifingals like diflucan and some herbal products. The small intestine and the general health from a nutrient and supplement standpoint with diet are relatively easy to address. The hardest part is the colon... its supposed to house bacteria, fungi and other microbes in an ecosystem. When it becomes wildly unbalanced, readjustment is difficult due to its physiology, function, position in the body and complexity. I think the enema is underrated in these cases.
Yes, the gut has its own personality, and its own personality disorder. It may even control your mind, and thus keep you from taking back control of it. The best way is to keep your gut from developing its own personality. Otherwise, it's like dealing with an evil twin inside you. I think the only way for one to heal to stop self-treating a really bad gut problem. I think you're an exceptional case, and it requires great will and contemplation on your part.

*Btw, theres a lot here so I just responded to you off the cusp with this post as if we were having an in person conversation. I didnt mean to come off in anyway as an authority. Everything I expressed is my POV and theory based on my experiences and reading, not neccesarily the be all to end all on any topic.
You have come to know a lot about yourself and the things around you that matter. It's one thing to be preachy, and another to be generous in sharing what you've learned. And you're doing very well. I had no idea you're just 24!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals